Chapter 4

A Start

“Yeah, we are fine. We just arrived at our dorm room and we are in the middle of unpacking our boxes. Yes, yes its very big and spacious and if you ever decide to visit we have a room ready for you too. Aish, spoiled girl. Yes, we will buy you food when you come to visit. Alright, I have to hang up now and take care of your sister. Miss you and see you soon Sooyoung.”
 

Seungwan finished her phone call and smiled at her phone before turning around and looking at a crouching Seulgi who was unpacking their belongings diligently. She had to drag her to the dorm as the latter had been unresponsive just a few moments ago. She still didn’t know the reason why but she would extract the information out of her later. Now they had more pressing things to attend to, like unpacking their dozen boxes which she let Seulgi unpack to pay her back for all the hardship she had put her through today.

Their dorm was pretty spacious, unlike a normal dorm room should look like it was more like a big condo which was probably a courtesy of Mr. Kang, Seulgi’s father. It was fully furnished, complimenting their taste to the T which plus even coming with their own wash machine and dryer which was already quite excessive. Furthermore, the location was convenient for them as well. It only 15 minutes away from the university and there was a convenient store just down the street. Also, coming with the convenient location, their building was specifically caste separated. The building which was split in two had one side for alphas and another side for omegas and you had to get special permission from the apartment attendant to visit either side. Again, very convenient. Seungwan sighed.

Here, Uncle Kang said that they had to provide for themselves and here he gives them a lavish fully furnished dorm room with all their needs. Seungwang sighs again just for good measure and decides to help out poor Seulgi who was straining herself as she had just finished unpacking half of their boxes.
“Was that Sooyoung on the phone just now?” Seulgi asked slightly out of breath as she moves a box into the living room.
“Yeah, she was asking if we arrived at the dorm. Also, she wants us to prepare her room for her in case she comes to visit. Such a spoiled brat. Always demanding things for us. It’s all your fault for spoiling her when she was young Seulgi,” Seungwang says smiling to herself at the thought of Seulgi’s younger sister.

“Me!? You spoiled her the most! When she wanted you to do something you would do it for her without batting an eyelash. If I spoiled her then you SPOILED her!” Seulgi said putting emphasis on the spoiling and pointed at her intently.
Seungwan sheepishly rubbed her neck because it was true.
Kang Sooyoung was Seulgi’s younger sister by a year and for as long she had known the girl she always had a soft spot for the younger girl. On top of that, she was an Omega and she felt like it was her duty to protect her from anything bad in this world. Though, unlike her castes nature, she was quite the opposite in that regard. If she had to describe the younger girl it would be confident which was not commonly used to describe Omegas. Seungwan shook her head in amusement when she thought about the girl. She missed her a lot.
“Yeah, you are right I did spoil her a lot but I can’t help it! She has her ways you know.”
“I know,” Seulgi answered while looking into the distance with dead eyes as she seemed to reminisce about some dark memories containing her sister. She shook her head quickly getting rid of those scarring images and continued to unpack boxes. She loved her sister but sometimes the Omega can be quite a handful.
“Oh, I almost forgot to call Taeyeon unnie. Are you almost done with the boxes Seulgi?”
Seulgi looked around and saw that the box she was working on was the last and nodded her head at Seungwan. The other alpha smiled and started to make a phone call to Taeyeon to inform her that they have settled in.
Seulgi finished up moving everything to their respective places and laid flat on her stomach on the sofa. She single handedly had unpacked all their boxes and her back was killing her.
“Wow, Good Job Seul.” Seungwan patted her back. The latter lazily waved her hand in acknowledgment and closed her eyes.
“Taeyeon unnie is going to be here soon with the food so go clean yourself up Seul. You are a sweaty mess and your scent is literally suffocating me. Go shooo.” Seungwan scrunched up her nose.
Seulgi laid there unmoving seemingly ignoring her best friend and succumbed to the comfort of the sofas softness. She almost fell asleep when for the 3rd time this day a familiar smell invaded her mind. She groaned into the sofa. Couldn’t she catch a break? Why is the scent following her around making her remember the unpleasant scene of the goddess and her mystery companion.

 

  1. smile. It should have been for her. She doesn’t know why she is so hung up on it but thinking about it makes her angry and now to add to it this lavender smell keeps on coming back to haunt her. She buries her face into the couch, even more, trying to ignore it but to no avail. She grunts again in frustration and stands up to go take a shower. Maybe that will make her stop smelling that scent.
    She walked past the entrance of her dorm room when the smell suddenly intensified and she subconsciously snapped her head towards the door. The smell was really strong now and whatever was emitting it was behind the door. She grabbed the door handle and flung the door open revealing Taeyeon with a surprised expression with her fist ready to knock on the door plus to her pleasant surprise her goddess but next to her to her dismay her companion from before sporting the same expression.
    “Woah! Seul...” and before Taeyeon could even finish her sentence Seulgi outright ignored her and put her attention on the girl that she had left in the nurse office.
    She held out her hand, flashed the girl her best smile and introduced herself.
    “Hi, I didn’t get to introduce myself before when I left you at the nurse office. I’m Seulgi.”
    Seulgi didn’t know where this confidence was coming from as she was usually an awkward person but being in front of her goddess plus in combination with the irresistible scent, she was a different person.
    Joohyun, on the other hand, was taken aback. Seulgi, the cute, flustered girl she had met before was gone replaced with this charming girl. It was her turn to be flustered as the latter kept smiling at her with that impeccable smile and those handsome monolid eyes. She averted her eyes to calm herself down and was about to grab the hand the latter was holding out when the girl next to her suddenly wedged herself in between her and Seulgi.
    “Well hello there. I’m Yeri and this is Joohyun. It’s VERY nice to meet you.” Yeri said with a perfect fake smile and grabbed Seulgi’s hand. Hard.
    Seulgi narrowed her eyes as she found herself almost growling at Yeri. She repulsively flung the offensive hand away. The scent in the air changed from sweet lavender to a vile scent. Seulgi glared at Yeri and the latter sent back a glare with the same intensity. The tension between them was stifling and the both of them were waiting for the opportunity to tear into each other until Taeyeon intercepted. She whacked them both on the head and grabbed them by their collar pulling them away from each other.
    “Alright, you two pups break it up, break it up. We are going to be friends. Alright?” Taeyeon said and glared at them both making them flinch.
    “What is wrong with you two? Especially you Kang Seulgi! The nerve of you ignoring me!” Taeyeon grabbed Seulgi’s cheeks and stretched them to their limits before letting go of them. Seulgi whined while rubbing her abused cheeks and reverted back to her normal self.
    “I’m sorry unnie. I don’t know what happened. I didn’t mean to ignore you.”
    Seulgi looked down in shame, resembling a kicked puppy left out on the streets. She was confused as to why she is acting this way. Normally she is polite and shy but seeing Joohyun and Yeri her personality completely flipped and she became confident and aggressive.
    Taeyeon saw Seulgi’s crestfallen look and knew she was regretting her action from before. She comfortingly patted her head to cheer up the younger girl.
    “It’s okay Seulgi. Don’t worry about it. I know you didn’t mean it.”
    Seulgi looked up to respond but saw Yeri with an irritatingly smug smirk. She was about to say something to her when Taeyeon beat her to it.
    “Don’t even get me started with you Bae Yerim! Did you think I forgot about you? Oh no, I’m just getting started.” She pulled on Yeri’s ear and pulled on it making the girl yelp in pain.
    “Unnie! Unnie! It hurts. It hurts,” Yeri cried out.
    “It better hurt. This will teach you to respect your elders you little squirt,” Taeyeon said and let go of her ear.
    Yeri rubbed her ear and mumbled,” Calling me a squirt when she is shorter than me...”
    “Did you say something?” Taeyeon growled back at the latter and Yeri shook her head fast.”
    “What is going on here?”
    Seungwan came to the door to see what the commotion was about and was surprised to see Taeyeon, Seulgi and two strangers.
    “Ah Seungwan you missed all the action but the short version is Seulgi and this little squirt were almost ready to tear each other's head off,” Taeyeon said nonchalantly while Seungwan immediately looked at Seulgi in disbelief.
    Seulgi start a fight? Were they talking about the right Seulgi? The Seulgi that wouldn’t harm a fly and thinks that flowers are people. This didn’t sound right to Seungwan as she stared at Seulgi trying to make sense of this. The other alpha averted her gaze trying to escape from her questioning and confused gaze as she herself didn’t understand it.
    “Anyways, Let me introduce you to each other. This is Bae Joohyun and this annoying squirt is Bae Yerim. They are sisters and are under my care. Meet Kang Seulgi and Son Seungwan, my former students.”
    As the introductions were done and over with they moved to the living room. Taeyeon and Joohyun set down the food they brought and Seungwan went to the kitchen to grab plates and utensils. This left Seulgi, who had calmed down and Yeri who still was staring daggers at Seulgi. Seulgi who converted back to her introverted self squirmed uncomfortably under her stare and to escape from the latter gaze she went to help Seungwan in the kitchen.
    She sighed in relief as she made it to the kitchen away from Yeri. Her aggressive scent which literally screamed ‘back off’ plus her glare made her really uncomfortable. All she wanted was to talk to Joohyun and all she got was a glaring contest with the girl's sister. She sighs for the umpteenth time this day.
    Hearing a sigh from behind her Seungwan turned around only to see a moping Seulgi. She raised her eyebrow.
    She has been acting weird this whole day.
    “Seul” Seungwan called out to Seulgi and handed her some plates.
    Seulgi took the plates from Seungwan and tried to go back to the living room but her alpha friend held tightly onto the plates. She tried to pull but the latter wouldn't budge causing her to look at her friend in confusion.
    “Seul be honest with me. Do you like Johyun ssi?”
    Seulgi’s mouth fell open and her arms went slack and if Seungwan hadn’t been holding onto the plates they would have ended up on the ground. She couldn’t believe what just left her friends mouth. Did she like Joohyun? How on earth did her friend come to this conclusion? Joohyun for sure is pretty and just the sight of her makes Seulgi weak but she had just met her for today for god's sake.
    “Wan! Are you crazy?! I met her for the first time today! There is no way I can just develop feelings for her. I barely know her!” Seulgi said alarmed.
    Seungwan took back the plates to make sure that they wouldn’t end up on the floor and shrugged her shoulders. She walked away from Seulgi and before she left the kitchen she turned around again.
    “Just remember your father’s words,” Seungwan said with a blank face and walked away.
    Seulgi stared at Seungwan’s retreating figure in a daze. She didn’t know why her friend said that to her. Of course, she wouldn’t forget her father’s words and the latter should know that Seulgi would never go against her father. She furrowed her eyebrows and wrecked her brain what was going on with the other alpha but she couldn’t come up with an explanation.
    “Seulgi! Are you coming or not? We are waiting for you to sit your down here.” Taeyeon yelled.
    Seulgi snapped out of her thoughts and hastily made her way to them. In the living room, everyone was already seated. The only seat that was open was next to the Yeri who apparently didn’t have any other expression for her than a scowl. She mentally sighed and reluctantly took a seat next to Yeri. What she really wanted was to be next to Joohyun but fate had another thing in store for. She cursed herself for not having the guts to stay in the living room before or it would have been her next to the beauty. Seulgi sighs again and starts to dig into the food which was ddukbokki. What she didn’t notice was the stare from Joohyun that was begging to talk to her as she was picking at her food mindlessly.
    Joohyun being frustrated was being an understatement. She was beyond frustrated. All her attempts at making conversation with the monolid girl were thwarted by her sister. Her own sister! She had been sending her own subtle glares at her sister but the latter was an expert at avoiding her glares. She huffed in annoyance and turned towards a Taeyeon who was digging into her food minding her own business seemingly ignoring the battle in front of her.
    She tapped the table with her fingers to catch her attention, which she successfully did when the latter looked at her with a raised brow and stuffed with ddukbokki. Irene gave her a look which screamed: “Do something please Taeyeon unnie!”. Taeyeon calmly swallowed her food and gave her a cheeky grin. Joohyun felt a shiver go down her spine when she caught the grin. Taeyeon mouthed to her ‘If I help you what is in it for me?’
    Joohyun sighed. Of course, this alpha wouldn’t help her for free. She wrecked her brain what she could offer this evil alpha in front of her and she gasped when she thought of something.
    This would definitely give her the alpha’s assistance but in return, she would have to sacrifice a person. She creased her eyebrows. Could she really do it? She shook her head. She had to! Desperate needs call for desperate measures.
    Forgive me Tiffany unnie!
    Joohyun with determination looked at Taeyeon who still had a eating grin on her face. She mouthed ‘Date’ and before she could even say Tiffany, Taeyeon’s eyes widen and she stood up so fast that the table scraped on the wooden floor producing a screeching sound. Everybody looked at her startled and wide-eyed. Food long forgotten they were waiting for her to speak up
  2. “Yeri and Seungwan come with me right now! If you don’t follow me I’m going to hurt you okay?” Taeyeon said with a smile plastered on her face but a threatening tone was laced in each of her words. Seungwan scrambled up to stand but Yeri remained seated giving Taeyeon a suspicious look.
    “What are you hiding Taeyeon unnie? What is with the urgency?” Yeri questioned.
    Taeyeon didn’t answer her and yanked her out of her seat and despite her protest dragged her out of the living room. Seungwan threw worried glances at Seulgi who was still confused at what was happening but soon snapped out of it when she heard Taeyeons yells and Yeri’s screams and quickly followed them.
    Joohyun smiled and waved at them when she heard the sound of the door close. Finally, the hindrances were dealt with. She turned to the still confused alpha and chuckled in amusement at how cute she was with her stunned expression and half-opened mouth that had food hanging out.
    Joohyun gently touched Seulgi’s arm.
    Seulgi tensed at the touch and managed to swallow the food in before turning toward the beautiful girl next to her and was met with gentle hazel eyes. Plus the lavender and vanilla scent being emitted by Joohyun Seulgi relaxed considerably. She doesn’t know why but when Joohyun is near her she feels at peace. The stress from adjusting to this new life and the exhaustion from moving in was blown away by just a touch and a sniff of her scent. It was fascinating how much of an effect she had on her even though they had only met today.
    Why is it that you have this effect on me?
    For a moment they stared at each other without saying anything until Joohyun broke the silence.
    “I apologize for my sister. She gets a little bit too ahead of herself sometimes but I assure you that she means no harm.”
    Means no harm? Seulgi was sure though by the way Yeri was growling and glaring at her that she wanted to do more than just threaten her. But seeing Joohyuns apologetic face she put aside the thought of Yeri. She had more important matters to focus on right now. Like the beauty in front of her.
    “It’s fine. I was partly to blame too. I hope I didn’t make you uncomfortable.” Seulgi placed her hand on Joohyuns that was resting on her arm.
    Joohyun smiled at the girl and she was thankful that the latter wasn’t holding a grudge against her brat of a sister.
    “I forgot to do this earlier but I wanted to thank you for helping me.”
    Seulgi tilted her head in confusion.
    Joohyun noticed the confused look. Did she already forget their encounter today?
    “Today, when you carried me to the infirmary when I wasn’t able to move. It was a good thing that you were the one who found me. I shudder to think if it was some other alpha,” she said the last part under breath which Seulgi didn’t catch.
    “I didn’t do much but I’m glad that I was of help to you." Seulgi smiled.
    "Anyways, I wanted to ask you something if that is alright."
    Seulgi kept silent and nodded, telling Joohyun that she could continue.
    "I was hoping if possible... you .... could .... be friends with me? If it's not to much of an inconvenience I mean you can say no but I... mean .. you ... know .. I would like to be friends." Joohyun started to babble and fidget in her seat afraid to look at Seulgi. Her cheeks were slightly pink.

     

Seulgi found it cute how Joohyun was asking her to be her friend.
 

"I would love to be your friend Joohyun."

As soon as she said that Joohyun gave her the most beautiful smile she had ever seen and she could feel her heartbeat increase.

She could do friends. Friends don't fall for one another. She had been friends with Seungwan for a long time and they didn't have feelings for one another so this would be just the same.


Right?

 

------

I dunno if this chapter is being transferred right but I look at it later

This chapter took me forever to write XD

Anyways I hoped you enjoyed Desperate joohyun, Taeang, overprotective Yeri, abused Wan and abused Seulgi xD

Sub, Vote, comment and all the good sterf as I try to poop out the next chapter

Ps: Don't fret if you are wondering where the Joyri content is, there wiill be plenty in the next chaper so stay tunes :P