Chapter 3

A Start

UPDATE lol I was being a potato again and it took forever to write this chapter. 

Well, I hope you guys didn't wait too long and pls enjoy teheee.

-------------

“Alright.”

Seungwan clapped her hands together to get some of the dust off that had gotten on her hands when she clobbered Seulgi just a minute ago.

“We have to go to the dean of the school so get your up.”

Seulgi was on the floor, rubbing her cheeks in a circular motion hoping to soothe the ache that was inflicted upon her when her best friend of an alpha slapped them silly.

She got up from the floor and send Seungwan a scornful look.

“You could have held back you know. You jerk.” Seulgi huffed in annoyance.

Seungwan put her hand on her hip and turned her head to the side to let out a sigh.

“I did hold back you know. I just slapped you enough to leave red marks on your face and not blue and black bruises.”

Seulgi scoffed and Seungwan chuckled at the sight. The calm and collected heir of the Kang is pouting in front of her. If her fangirls would see this they would go crazy over this rare sight.

“Alright. Alright. I apologize for being so rough princess. Now get going. We can’t keep the dean waiting any longer.”

She took the Alphas arm and lifted her off her floor. Reassured that the alpha was steady on their feet the hand on her arm moved down to her wrist to assure that Seulgi wouldn’t up and go off on her own again and from there proceeded to lead the way to the dean's office.

“Aish! Not so fast arghhhhh.”

A quick jog and a whining Seulgi later they found themselves in front of the dean's office.

Seungwan let go of Seulgi and looked at herself and Seulgi to make sure they looked presentable before turning back to the office door and knocked lightly on the door.

A few minutes later they could hear a soft “Come in” and they made their way into the office.

When they made their way in they were greeted by a small blond woman with a smile that showed off her dimple. She looked like a child with her youthful appearance, but the two alphas knew for sure that was not the case.

“Well, Well if it isn’t the Kang and Son pup,” the blonde chuckled.

The wooden chair scraped against the wooden floor of the office as she stood up and made her way towards them.

Startled by the loud screech they shrunk when they saw her coming closer to them. They knew who she was, they knew her very well and they weren’t sure why she was here.

“I don’t remember not teaching you guys manners. Where is my bow and hello?” The woman who was now in front of them raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms and a frown present on her youthful face which made her look extremely intimidating.

The both of them shrunk in front of her presence and they felt like they were back in the mansion, getting scolded.

“K-Kim Seonsaengnim,“ they stuttered and avoided eye contact with her.

“Yes, that is certainly me. Now that we know what my last name is how are you going to explain your tardiness? Hmm? I am all ears. I already waited for quite a while and I don’t think it matters to you guys how long you guys can make me wait.”

Seulgi fiddled with her fingers guiltily because it was her fault that they were late, and she tried to find an explanation that would not land her in the hot water with the said woman in front of her. She also did not want to tell her the previous experience with the beautiful girl in the room and nurse office because that explanation would definitely earn her a beating.

Suddenly they heard a clapping and loud laugh and they looked up to see the woman laughing at them.

“Ahahahah You should have seen your faces. So scared! I’m just kidding you two. You two are already in college so I won’t scold you for just being a little late. How have you guys been? I missed you after I left my position as your teacher.”

They both sighed in relief when they saw their teacher Kim Taeyeon let out a hearty laugh like that. That is the is the cue that she wasn’t mad at their late arrival and they both visibly relaxed their posture.  

“We are well Kim Seongsaengnim. How have you been? How come you are at this school?” Seungwan asked politely.

“Ahh drop the formality. I was just kidding about that. Call me unnie guys! Don’t be shy. We have known each other for years there is no need to be formal.”

They shyly scratched their heads. It was weird for them to drop their formal speech when speaking to their elders as when they grew up there were many adults around them which would frown upon such a thing.

“Okay, then Taeyeon unnie… What are you doing here?” Seulgi asked still a little bit shy about changing to an informal tone.

Kim Taeyeon was their former teacher at the mansion and had taught them for most of their years before she abruptly left when they just had turned 16. From all the teachers they had Taeyeon was their favorite, not only because they were close in age but also because she is a fellow alpha and she taught them all they should know about being an alpha. Even though she was strict at time and merciless in her teaching as well as soon teaching hours were over she switched over to her cheerful and dorky personality. Every day spent with her was different turning bleak days into bright and enjoyable days so when she left they were devastated. So, seeing her in this university comes as a surprise for them.

“I’m filling in for my uncle as he was called overseas for some kind of business at another university he is overseeing. Therefore, since I am the only one qualified to be in this position apparently in my family I was forced to quit my enjoyable job at the mansion to be the dean of this university. You guys can’t even believe how much paperwork I am drowning in and on top of that I have to teach classes too. My uncle is a slave driver.” Taeyeon groaned and massaged her temples.

The two alphas looked at her in concern which Taeyeon noticed and she smiled at them, thanking them silently.

“Anyways enough about me. What are you guys doing here? Knowing your father, he would never agree to let you guys attend an outside school, even if its private it is still public.” She said tilting her head questioningly making her look like a curious child.  

Seulgi explained everything that had transpired between her and her father and even told her about the deal they made with her father. Taeyeon quietly listened and nodded a few times as she was attentively listening to the younger alpha.

“Ahhh I see now. Only Uncle would think of such a deal.” She shook her head in amusement. “Anyways, why were you guys late? I expect it from Seulgi to forget about the time but Seungwan, you are always on time.”

Seulgi twitched and stiffened when Taeyeon asked that question. She looked at Seungwan for help but the latter shot her a “you owe me an answer as well’ look. Knowing that she was on her own she debated whether to make something up or just tell them the truth. Ah to hell with it. She knows she is a horrible liar and they know if she would lie so she just told them the truth.

“Uh I er I got lost,” she said shortly hoping silently they would not question her further and just take this as the truth because she was not lying technically. She did get lost.

“Bull,” The two alphas said simultaneously. Seulgi looked down at her feet like a defeated puppy avoiding eye contact with the alphas.

It was worth a try.

She sighed in defeat and was about to tell them the truth when a knock on the door interrupted her.

Taeyeon clicked her tongue in annoyance when Seulgi got interrupted. She knew that Seulgi was about to spill some juicy information and the interruption just spoiled her fun.

Seulgi, on the other hand, thanked the gods for the interruption. Maybe they saw her plight and they decided to interfere.

“Come in,” Taeyeon said.

The door slowly opened and a woman in a white lab coat walked through it. Seulgi recognized her as the nurse. She started to panic internally, hoping the nurse was not going to recognize her. She hid behind Seungwan away from the sight of the nurse and the latter just looked at her in confusion. The said nurse didn’t seem to have noticed Seulgi though and walked past them towards Taeyeon beaming her a brilliant eye smile which could turn anyone into putty.

“Miss Kim! I have to make a report to you,” the nurse said cheerfully

 “M-miss Hwang!” Taeyeon stuttered and her face started to visibly redden at the sight of the nurse.

The two alphas raised their eyebrows and snapped their head in Taeyeon direction. Did they just hear Taeyeon stutter? Taeyeon, an alpha that exudes power and confidence. She doesn’t stutter, she makes people stutter but here they are in a room with a stuttering and blushing Taeyeon. They looked at her like she was alien. Who is this person and what had they done to the Taeyeon that they knew?

Taeyeon noticed their confused gaze and shot them a ‘don’t look at me like that’ look and focused her attention back to the beautiful nurse in front of her. Miss Hwang noticed Taeyeon looking to the side and saw the two alphas standing there with wide eyes.

“Oh. You have guests. Did I come at a bad time?” Miss Hwang asked in concern already ready to leave the room to let Taeyeon conclude her business.

Taeyeon shook her head hard and in a panic grabbed her wrist to stop her from leaving. “NO! Stay, please. They aren’t important! They are just visiting and leaving soon!”

Miss Hwang stared at her wrist and back to Taeyeon in amusement and the latter noticed and hastily removed her hand like it had been burned.

She cleared . “I mean you aren’t interrupting anything. Please continue with your report.”

Miss Hwang chuckled at the sight of a flustered Taeyeon and was about to tell her the report when she caught sight of Seulgi. She looked at her in surprise but soon beamed her a smile and walked towards her leaving a confused Taeyeon behind. She sandwiched her face between her hands.

“It’s you! Are you okay? You suddenly ran away before I could examine you,” Miss Hwang said while squishing Seulgi’s soft cheeks which earned her a grunt from the latter. “Aww, your cheeks are so soft. You are so adorable. No wonder Joohyun did that to you.” The last part came out as a whisper and Seulgi didn’t hear it.

Seulgi stood rigid as her face was held by the beautiful nurse. She was dazed by her smile and her smell. Vanilla or Lavender. The smell was so similar to the beautiful girl in the nurse office that she almost got lost in it if not for Taeyeon. If the glare she sends could kill, Seulgi would have died multiple times already.

Taeyeon walked up to them and removed Miss Hwang's hands from Seulgi's face, ignoring the butterflies in her stomach after touching the soft skin and reluctantly let them go and put her own hands on Seulgi's shoulder. She squeezed them hard making the younger alpha yelp in pain effectively bringing her out of her daze.

“Miss Hwang I think that is enough. She seems uncomfortable,” Taeyeon growled under her breath.

Miss Hwang gasped and put her hand over . “I’m so sorry! I got distracted by how cute you are,” she laughed cheerfully. “I’m Tiffany Hwang. The nurse at this university. Please come by often, it gets lonely sometimes in the nurse office.”

Seulgi smiled and was about to nod when the pressure on her shoulders increased, making her yelp again.

I will definitely come by often Miss Hwang but I think Seulgi here seems like a healthy and busy individual so she won’t have time. Right Seulgi?” Taeyeon gave her an intimidating smile.

“Y-yeah. I’m very healthy.” She stuttered afraid of Taeyeon whose smile could kill. She didn’t know why she suddenly was so angry.

“Ah is that so? It’s good to be healthy. Seulgi was it? No matter how busy you can always come by even if you aren’t sick. I want to get to know you better.” Tiffany said not noticing Taeyeons anger or Seulgis discomfort and smiled brightly at Seulgi who only winced at the increasing pressure on her shoulders.

“Ah and you are?” she turned to Seungwan who witnessing the horror that unfolded in front of her. She knew why exactly why Taeyeon acted this way and as much as she wanted to help Seulgi she for sure was not going to get involved because she valued her own life. A jealous alpha definitely was an unpleasant one so when she was suddenly being addressed by Tiffany she internally panicked but maintained a calm exterior.

“I’m Son Seungwan. It’s very nice to meet you, Miss Hwang,” she bowed politely.

“No need to be so formal Seungwan. It’s okay if I call you by your first name, right? Please call me Tiffany. I hope we can be friendly with each other.”

Seungwan nervously glanced at Taeyeon who smiled dangerously at her with a twitching eye and painfully strong grip on Seulgi. Sweat was running down her face. She did not want to be on the end of that grip.

“Ah n-,” she stopped as Tiffany beamed her eye smile towards her that ultimately melted her rejection.

“Y-yes. I would like that.” She dejectedly answered. Damn that eye smile.

Tiffany smiled at the answer but gasped when she looked at her wristwatch.

“Oh look at the time. I’m sorry Miss Kim I keep on getting distracted. I wanted to report to you that Joohyun is going to go home early. Yeri already arrived and is escorting her to the dorm. They wanted me to relay you their message for you. Bring them food.” She said while giggling.

Taeyeon finally released Seulgi from her death grip and sighed. She seemed to back to the normal Taeyeon.

“Aish I bet it’s only Yeri that brat that demands food from me. Hyun would never make such demands.”

“My lips are sealed on that matter. Well, my job here is done. I shall take my leave now.” She walked over to Seungwan and Seulgi and gave each of them a lingering hug and strutted towards the door winking at Taeyeon before exiting.

Just like a hurricane she came, created a mess and left just as fast as she arrived.

“She was so pretty Wan.” Seulgi mused.

Seungwan looked at her with wide eyes and covered with her palm. Where is the sharp and cool Seulgi that she grew up? She needed this one right now and not the one that lets out her thoughts like a waterfall. She nervously looked at Taeyeon but before she could lay her eyes on her she felt a strong hand on her shoulder. She yelped and broke out in a new layer of sweat.

Ahhh this is how I die. I’m sorry Sooyoung. I hope you will mourn for me!  

Seungwan already was writing her will in her mind and resigned herself to whatever would come to her. Seulgi, on the other hand, was still clueless as to why Taeyeon was angry at her. 

“Ahhh Seulgi ah you think she is pretty huh? Aren’t you both so lucky? Getting a hug and even getting to smell her scent from up close? I AM SO JEALOUS.” She squeezed their shoulders harder, earning painful yelps from the two alphas.

After a few seconds that felt like hours, Taeyeon finally let go of their shoulders and she let out a big sigh. The now freed alphas breathe out in relief.

“She only winked at me….. Not even one hug for me or a goodbye just for me.” Taeyeon leaned onto her desk and jutted out her lip, pouting. The proud alpha was reduced to a pouting pup.

Seulgi leaned into Seungwan.

“Why is Taeyeon unnie pouting now?” she asked still rubbing her injured shoulders which surely had bruises now.

Seungwan just shook her head. She wasn’t sure if Seulgi was just playing with her or she really didn’t know that Taeyeon was being territorial over the pretty nurse. She sighs. Maybe she daydreamed when they had learned this at the mansion. She would have to explain it to her later to make sure they would survive this year in one piece.

“Ahhhhh So frustrating. Never mind, Seulgi, Seungwan take these papers and fill them out quickly. We have wasted enough time.” Taeyeon said and handed them a stack of papers. She walked back to her chair and plopped down on it and groaned.

They nodded in a hurry and made quick work of the documents in front of them. One thing they were proud of was their fast reading skills. As soon as they were done they handed them back to Taeyeon which the latter quickly checked thoroughly.

“Alright, this looks good. You two are done and sorry for being so rough there. You guys know how it is being an alpha right? No hard feeling.” Taeyeon said looking a bit bashful.

Seungwan smiled understandingly at the teacher and Seulgi smiled alongside her best friend not knowing what their teacher was talking about.

Taeyeon grinned and took out a piece of paper from her desk and scribbled something on it quickly.

“Here is my number. Call me when you guys have settled into your dorm. We can hold a welcoming party for you two. I bring the food.”

When they heard the mentioning of food they held their thumbs up and smiled widely at Taeyeon who only gave them an amused smile.

“Alright, that is settled then. Go on. Get out now. I still have to do some work.” Taeyeon shooed them out with a handwave and they waved goodbye as they made their way out of the door.

“Bye unnie. See you later.”

-----------

“That was a surprise. I would never have thought to see Taeyeon unnie here.” Seulgi said while following Seungwan who was leading them to the entrance of the school so they could go their dorm.

“Yeah, I was surprised as well. You, Seulgi surprise me even more though. You didn’t even notice Taeyeon being territorial.”

“Territorial? Unnie was being territorial? When?” Seulgi tilted her head in confusion.

“Aish, when Nurse Hwang came in and she took your face hostage Taeyeon almost wanted to rip you into pieces. Hell, even I almost died when she only talked to me.” Seungwan shuddered when she thought back to Taeyeon’s glare.

Seulgi closed her eyes and thought back to the time earlier in Taeyeon’s office. She plopped her fist into her palm and gasped.

“Ohhhhh no wonder she apologized for being so violent. She like Miss Hwang! Wooooow. Unnie liking someone. This is the first time I have seen this happen.”

Seungwan just sighed at Seulgi’s discovery. They were so going to review alpha behavior.

They made it to the entrance of the school, the sun ready set. Seulgi stopped in her tracks when a familiar smell of Vanilla and Lavender caught her attention

She looked around just to find her eyes stop at a familiar figure.

Just a few steps away from her was the goddess that she had left in the nurse office. She was even more beautiful in the light of the evening sun and Seulgi wanted to go over to her and just hug her and inhale more of her intoxicating scent. This would sound creepy to anyone else but at this moment she felt like it was her whole life's duty.

Her legs again like they had a mind of their own made their way towards the raven-haired beauty but abruptly stopped when she saw a petite brown-haired girl in a uniform approach her. The girl was holding a bag and a bunch of books, as she gestured to the beauty. The raven gave the girl a beautiful laugh which made Seulgi’s breath hitch. It stunned her how melodious it sounded to her but the warm feeling it gave did not last long. When she saw that the laughter was not directed at her she felt another emotion arise from her. An uncomfortable feeling was lodged in her chest as she watched the raven link her arms with her companion and walk away. She only could stare at them leave as she didn’t even know her name.

“Seul! Don’t just stop out of nowhere! I almost left without you.” A panting Seungwan said to Seulgi.

The latter didn’t respond and just kept staring after the retreating pair. Seungwan, who was confused looked into the direction that Seulgi was facing but the said pair was already gone from their vision which left her confused at her best friend’s state.

“Yah, You okay?” the alpha waved a hand in front of her best friends face but still didn’t elicit a reaction from her.

Not paying attention to the waving hand of her best friend Seulgi clutched her chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What is this feeling?

-----------

Taeny is making an appeareance or more like a large appeareance lalal 

I should add this to the tags maybe hahah but be assured much more seulrene to come in the next chapter don't run away XDDDD 

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. 

I see you in the next chapter as I try to poop it out. Whooooosh.