Chapter 1/1

Meanie is Real

  Wonwoo and Mingyu wake up like they usually do. Mingyu has a hard time waking up due to his deep slumber. Today was a bit different; he woke up when his Mansae alarm went off. He stretched and looked at Wonwoo who looks annoyed more than ever. Mingyu turned it off and got up. He started getting ready for today.

Today is their fan signing event for their new promotion. He's excited to meet so many Carats at once, though it's sometimes overwhelming. He brushes his teeth after eating breakfast. He sees that the staff put out suits for each member. They had a purple-blue jacket with matching pants along with a black shirt. There weren't any ties with this outfit, but there was an option to button up the color.

Noticing that over half of his hyungs had taken their suits already, Mingyu picks up his and Wonwoo's. He hears a slam in Jeonghan and Seungcheol's bathroom. He flinched at the sudden noise in the early morning.

"They must have had a good morning, hm?" Mingyu mumbled before walking back into his and Wonwoo's room. He saw that Wonwoo had left to take a shower. He shrugs and takes off his night clothes.

He looked out of the window to see that there was already a bus for them to ride. Today they're going to Incheon. There'll be more than three thousand Carats that will attend. He's always so happy to see so many Carats, and even more happy to meet them.

"Mingyu, which suit?" Wonwoo came out of the bathroom in his boxers and his towel wiping his face.

Mingyu handed the other the suit, and started getting dressed himself. He noticed Wonwoo was looking at him for a few seconds.

"Mingyu-ah, this is yours, it has your name on it." Wonwoo walked over to the taller, handing him the suit and picking up the other suit.

Mingyu nodded before pulling up his pants.

They sat down for breakfast, eating cereal.

"So, hyung, how was-" Mingyu was talking before he heard some yelling going on in Jeonghan and Seungcheol's room.

"They're so loud, I can't even understand what they're saying." Wonwoo joked before sipping on a spoonfull of milk

Mingyu laughed as Dino actually started to cry. Vernon looked up from his phone and saw the other crying. He shook his head and stood up. "Someone's gotta tell them to be quiet.." Vernon said before going around the corner to talk to the 'parents.'

Mingyu sighed.

 

It was time for the fan signing event. They sat down in their respected chairs. Oh, and before that, there was a lot of arguing on the bus. Even if you put noise canceling head phones on, you'd still hear them.

"Yah, Seungcheol!" Jeonghan yelled across the table. The staff also was getting annoyed at the constant fighting. They moved Jeonghan to sit next the older, so they can fight in whispers.

The two stopped fighting when they saw the fans flood into the stadium.


Hours went on, and there were still fans coming up. Mingyu smiled at Wonwoo when the staff offered them some cake. They gladly ate it and shared a water bottle. Hearing fans scream, they smirk. They know they're a popular couple among Seventeen. They've read plenty of fanfics, and it hasn't become awkward yet.

"Wonwoo-oppa! Kiss Mingyu!" A fan screamed from off the stage.

Mingyu slowly looked over at the older. Wonwoo shook his head and continued to act cute for the fan in front of him. Mingyu nodded and put the head band on that a girl gave him. The staff took it off a few minutes later.

As time progressed, more girls kept chanting the kiss. Pretty soon, the other members chanted it too. Mingyu looked over at Jeonghan to see him kiss Seungcheol on the cheek for the fan in front of them.

Wonwoo put down his head as he thought. Vernon patted Wonwoo's shoulder. "Might as well do it," he whispered, "the parents did. That and Seungkwan and I played a bit."

Wonwoo looked at the fans who all have chimed in. Not one fan isn't cheering, and the other members weren't helping their situation.

Wonwoo bit the bullet. He took Mingyu by the chin. "Kiss me." Wonwoo spoke. Mingyu had a shocked expression at the other's whisper. He heard the fans scream. Mingyu took the other's wrist and put it on his side. He leaned down a bit, and kissed Wonwoo for five seconds.

Mingyu looked down at his watch to see that the meeting was over.

The staff directed the fans away.


"This'll go down in the history books~" Jeonghan giggled as they went into the bus.

Mingyu didn't really want to talk about it, and Wonwoo didn't really want to hear it. They've heard the two fighting all day, and they don't need to be made fun of by them now. It's more than annoying.

"Hyung, please get Jeonghan to shut up." Wonwoo spoke to Seungcheol.

Jeonghan almost stood up in the van, but was kept down by Seungcheol. "How dare you speak that way," Seungcheol looked at Wonwoo, "you're the one that gave in. You didn't have to kiss Mingyu." Seungcheol pointed out.

"Yah, it's just a kiss. Actors do it all the time," Dino started, "why are you making it awkward?"


The two were silent the whole drive, while the other members made it super loud. They played games, sang, and even got up to run a few times; the last one being too dangerous, of course. Wonwoo looked out of the window to see that they were back at their dorm. He sighed in relief.

Forgetting that Mingyu was in the way, Wonwoo stood up to walk to the exit. He tripped, making Mingyu catch him. They lock eyes for a few seconds. Wonwoo notices what happened when he heard the other members go 'ooooooOOoooooo~.'

Wonwoo gets up and leaves the bus, slightly pushing Jun out of his way.

Jeonghan smirked and looked very and Seungcheol. "Our sons are finally growing up!" Jeonghan said in a swayed tone.

"Yep, they're dating each other." Seungcheol helped Jeonghan out of the bus by holding his hand.


Mingyu scoffed and walked into the building. He walked into his room, seeing that Wonwoo was already changing from the suit they had on for the fan signing. Mingyu didn't waste any time either, and changed.

"Wonwoo, we have to talk." Mingyu locked the door before speaking.

"About?" Wonwoo fixed his hair.

Mingyu walked over to him. "Why are you so bothered about this? It was just a kiss. Jeonghan and Seungcheol do it all the time." Mingyu stated.

Wonwoo looked to the side. "We're not them, are we?" Mingyu nodded and looked to the other side. "Besides, I don't want to share kisses with fans until something gets real." Wonwoo bit his tongue and cursed in his mind after saying that.

Mingyu takes Wonwoo's shoulders, and makes the older look at him. Wonwoo looks at the other, waiting for what would happen. But he didn't expect what would happen. Mingyu's and Wonwoo's lips touched. They...kissed!


Wonwoo's eyes blast open, seeing Mingyu was enjoying the long-lasting kiss. Wonwoo pushes the other.

"Yah! Give me a warning next time!" Wonwoo almost shouted, but didn't want the other members to come in.

"Wonwoo,.. I was thinking a lot recently.. I really liked you back before we debutted." Mingyu said with a small smile.

Wonwoo looked at the younger and then back at the floor. "And why are you telling me this?" He asked.

Mingyu looked at him with a shocked expression. "B-because...?" Mingyu tried to come up with a reason, but he can tell the other wasn't buying it because the grip got tighter on his shoulders.


Meanwhile, Seungcheol heard a bang. "What do you think that was?" He asked Jeonghan, who just shrugged and walked across the hallway. He tried opening the door, but the door was locked. He grabbed the key from the door frame, and silently unlocked the door.

He looked back at Seungcheol, who gave a nod. They slowly open the door. They see Mingyu getting angry faced by Wonwoo on the wall. Jeonghan took another look back at Seungcheol who smirked.

Seungcheol made sure that the sound was all the way up on his phone. He selected camera mode, and took a picture.

The two on the wall looked over at the direction of the noise, and saw them at the door. They quickly detached from the wall and started yelling at the two.

"Wahhh, I didn't know you two were dating!" Dino saw the text that Seungcheol sent everyone (that included the picture he took).

Wonwoo grew beet read cheeks and punched Mingyu. "Ahh! We're not dating!" Wonwoo shouted.


 


 

Months passed, and nothing ever was the same. Mingyu was avoided by Wonwoo so much during their next promotions. Wonwoo even decided to ask the staff to seat them on opposite sides of the table or stage. Wonwoo never gave Mingyu anymore smiles, switched rooms with Seokmin, and even not returning Mingyu's phone calls.

The fans were posting comments saying that they were guilty for getting them to kiss. The other members were in constant depression because of these two. Dino even stopped instagram time once because the fans asked about the Meanie couple.

Mingyu took his phone and his thumb was hovering over the video call button. He wanted to call Wonwoo to finally talk to him. He wasn't for sure what to say.

He decided to send him a text instead.

Hyung, won't you smile once? - Mingyu


No, I don't want to. - Wonwoo

Why? - Mingyu

Because... I just.. - Wonwoo

Let's talk, meet you on the roof? - Mingyu

Fine.. Make sure no one follows you. - Wonwoo


Mingyu sighed in relief. The texting went better than he expected. He looked around to see he was alone currently. He then sneaked up the stairs that lead to the roof. Of course he was there first. He was wondering where Wonwoo was though.

He sat on a bench that was placed on the roof. He remembers them doing a different version of Mansae on this roof. He smiled when he remembered that Wonwoo was smiling a lot that day.

His thoughts were vanished when he saw the door open. He saw that it was Wonwoo and he locked the door behind him.

"Mingyu." Wonwoo spoke in almost a whisper.

"Hyung.. I know that it's different for you, but.." Mingyu was trying to think of the right words.

"You're saying that we need to forget about what happened and what you said to me?" Wonwoo put his hands on his hips, looking up at the evening sky.

Mingyu slowly nodded. "I'm willing to never speak of it again. I understand you don't share the same feelings, and I respect you for it." Mingyu spoke softly, trying not to be harsh with his words.

Wonwoo scoffed and walked up to Mingyu. "Listen here, what gives you the idea I don't share the same feelings?" Wonwoo gave a panicked look. His eyes were glowing with tiredness, as if he stayed up every night since that day. Since the day Mingyu confessed his feelings.

Mingyu's eyes widen when he heard the words Wonwoo uttered. He couldn't believe his ears.

"Y-you like me?" Mingyu asked.

Wonwoo picked up the shopping cart that has been in a lot of the music videos and was about to throw it. Mingyu stopped him and put the cart back down.

"I know you're upset, Hyung, but we don't need the members to be upset." Mingyu reasoned.

Wonwoo sat down and ran his hands through his hair instead of damaging their memories.


Mingyu puts his arms around the older, leaning forward to give him a kiss on the lips. Wonwoo accepted the kiss, and returned it.







It was time for the next promotion. Today they went to Japan. They are promoting their new Japanese Single: Call call call.

"Mingyu-ah, immitate Jeonghan's call." Seungcheol spoke in the microphone, looking across the table.

Mingyu tried to do Jeonghan's mating call but saying 'Chirin chirin' along with it. The members, including the fans, laughed as Mingyu's voice didn't let him do the high pitch that Jeonghan did the other year.

"Yah, yah, I don't sound like that." Jeonghan was getting defensive.

Mingyu smiled when he saw Wonwoo smiling from ear to ear.

A fan was allowed to speak to the members. She said, "Mingyu, Wonwoo, are you doing well since Clap?" She tried to speak Korean to the best of her ability.

Jeonghan smirked. "Carat-deul! Shout Meanie!" Seungcheol and Jeonghan both shouted.

The fans did as the two said. Mingyu looked back at Wonwoo. Wonwoo stood up and walked to the front of the table where Mingyu was standing from doing the Jeonghan call.

"Carat-deul," Wonwoo started,




"Meanie is real."

They end the fan meeting with a kiss.