When Cheeks Turn Rosy

The Club Hub
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaewon took a deep breath and opened her eyes.

 

She was glad that Haseul was holding arms with her because at the rate she was going, she was pretty close to fainting for real.

 

The inside of the school was a perfect match to the outside: the curves that were on the outside made dents on the inside but were covered with windows, making bulbs that formed classrooms looking over the main area. The metal beams on the outside went straight through the inside, supporting the ‘floating’ classrooms and holding lockers.

The main area was something in itself. What could only be called a metallic light grey covered every inch of the inside, the skylight on the top of the school shone down the middle of the area to form a circle of light on a… watermelon patch?

Chaewon squinted her eyes.  There was no way that was a watermelon patch in the middle of this super modern school, that’s way too random.

“Yeah, I know, it’s pretty weird.” Haseul spoke beside her. “But, what can you do? The principal’s niece loves watermelon so she added the patch so that her niece could feel more comfortable.  She just came last year. She has some adjustment or people issues or something. I wouldn’t know, I wasn’t on the Welcoming Committee at the time. She’s doing fine though- she’s known as the watermelon master, isn’t that great?”

Chaewon smiled. It’s nice that the principal cared so much for her niece. She wondered if they went through the same kind of problem.

Haseul sensed Chaewon relaxing.

“Yeah man, you should ease up. No new kid is treated badly here, if anything, they’re taken in like a newborn. So don’t worry about anything.”

Chaewon felt Haseul’s arm tense just a little bit before the smiley girl turned to her once more.

“But, then again, I’m not gonna sugar coat: bullies exist, unfortunately, and though in this school it’s not as bad, a couple of girls can be a little harsh sometimes. If you run into th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter