You're New

The Club Hub
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YUJINNNN!!!  WAIT!!! PLEASE!!!”

“No, Chaewon, we have to go!”

As Yujin’s giraffe legs, or, at least giraffe compared to hers, ran off, Chaewon slammed her hands on her thighs, gulping for breath.

“What is this? HUUUGH Track? HUUUGH Note: HUUUGH I hate Go Yujin.”  The surrounding heat plus her sweat was too much to bear as Chaewon, fuming, slumped down at the base of an apple tree.

“Hmph.  ‘I would never leave you- she said.  We’ll do this together- she said.  What a joke-”

“Um… are you okay?-”

“AH!!!!”  Chaewon jumped as a voice came from the other side of the tree, a chomping noise following it.

“Hello?” Her straight hair brushed against her as she leaned over to find a face for the new voice. “Anyone there?”

“Oh yeah, sorry to scare you.  It’s just that you were talking to yourself and I’m only used to one person talking to themselves as in depth as you but they’re crazy so I figured you might be in trouble.”  Chaewon was frozen as her eyes met one of the most beautiful people she’s ever seen.

The girl, slightly older than her if she had to guess, had long, silky, hazelnut brown hair.  Her eyes were like chocolate chips surrounded by an eye shape customized by God personally. She had on a school uniform, the same one as Chaewon but with a red skirt instead of her blue, with some sort of bomber jacket over it.  Contrary to the toughness of her uniform additions, her aura was extremely inviting and empowering but a tiny bit shy. Though she never would’ve guessed shy by just looking at her, Chaewon observed the girl’s uncertainty and even surprise at the amount of words that came out of her own mouth.

Figures. Chaewon thought.  Some people with Busan accents can be hesitant about talking because of the unwanted stereotyping that could come with it. Nothing to be ashamed of.  Her voice is beautiful.

“Sorry, I don’t usually talk this much.”  The girl carefully balanced the apple she was eating on her book in order to free a hand, “I’m Ha Sooyoung.”  Chaewon grabbed it a little too eagerly you could say.

“I’m Park Chaewon.”  The dazzled girl pointed to her chest, motioning for Sooyoung to verify her name with the tag, but the girl just giggled.

“Are you really?  I wouldn’t know. You have no nametag.”

“What?!?”

Chaewon whipped her head down, staring at the place where her name should be on a shiny, gold-colored, plastic rectangle.

“Oh shoot.”

“Don’t worry.  Just go to any school store ever and they can make you one.  You can probably even get one at school.” This cleared Chaewon’s mind.

“Thank God.”  Chaewon sighed, relaxing again, leaning against the tree trunk.

Sooyoung picked up her book and started to read, occasionally taking a bite out of the apple that Chaewon could only guess came from the tree they were sitting under.

After a couple minutes of watching her read, Chaewon decided to talk to the girl who just stated that she didn’t talk a lot, thinking that this would be a great idea.

“So… I’m going to guess that we go to the same school by your outfit…”

Sooyoung’s eyes refused to leave the pages of her book while her lips moved.

“Yeah.”

“That’s cool.”

“Yeah.”

“We’re probably going to be late you know.”

“Yeah.”

“Is that apple from the tree?”

“Yeah.”

“Is it good?”

“Yeah.”

“What book are you reading?-”

“RWA!!!-”
“What the hell?!?”  Chaewon broke her focus on the landscape to whip her head towards probably the weirdest sound she’s ever heard.  I mean she made weird noises, but only in the company of either Yujin or a very nice outfit.

Sooyoung, completely unfazed by this noise, gently smiled while lifting up her book, revealing a wide awake head.  Chaewon jumped.

“Oh my gosh, how long has she been there?!”  Sooyoung didn’t hear her over the various noises coming from the scruffy set of bangs and smiles that was laying on her lap.

“Hi, Jiwoo.”

“HELLO SOOYOUNG!!!  DID I NAP FOR LONG?!?  I WAS DREAMING ABOUT YOU AND HOW I WAS A PENGUIN AND YOU WERE A SWAN AND WE LIVED IN AN IGLOO TOGETHER AND IT WAS AMAZING AND JIWOO IS VERY HUNGRY BUT I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOUR READING WENT AND WHO IS THIS??” The girl, now identified as Jiwoo, halted her activity of tightly hugging Sooyoung in order to look over at the wide-eyed Chaewon.

Chaewon froze again, but this time because of pure fear.  She felt like this springboard of cute energy was going to strike her next and for some reason that made paralysis kick in.

Well, instincts are correct more times than not.

“WOWWW SOO

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter