The Mysterious Galaxy

You are my star

Since that day, being a responsible sister, Yerin kept her promise. The blonde girl would always come to Eunbi’s bedroom and hug the girl to sleep. The intention was good enough that the brunette eventually got used to sleeping during the daytime. However, she still could not sleep without the light by herself. Thus, the younger girl could only sleep either when Yerin was with her or with all the candles lightened.

 

A week passed, Eunbi’s routine had finally matched with a normal vampire’s. One night, when the brunette was reading a book along with her older sister, who was sitting next to her on a couch placed in the middle of their residence’s library. Both of them enjoyed their silent moment of studying until they heard some loud noise outside. Yerin was the first one to notice since she really hated being disturbed during her reading session and her sleep. Her brows furrowed in annoyance, wondering who would dare to enter her residence without permission like that.

 

Suddenly, a small pair of arms wrapped itself around the blonde’s slim neck. Pink lips curled up, barely touched the ear hiding behind the strain of blonde hair. The scent of cherry soon filled the whole room that had been only sprayed with the smell of old paper and dust. Startled by the appearance of a stranger, Eunbi jumped off her seat and stared the person standing behind the blonde in fear. On the other hand, Yerin kept her compose since she already knew who it was. There was only one person who dared to visit her house and actually had the gut to touch her without getting themselves killed. The blonde sighed, closing her book while unwrapped herself from the tight embrace.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to knock before enter?”

“But I didn’t use the door so why should I do that?”

 

A cute and high-pitched voice answered. Eunbi quietly observed the person, who turned out to be a girl around their age. The girl had short black bob hair, with round and big pair of golden eyes and a milky baby face that looked like an angel. The girl was slightly shorter than Yerin and taller than Eunbi. While the brunette was watching their guest, the bob hair girl turned to look at her, causing the young girl to yelp softly while retreating behind the couch to hide. Seeing that reaction, the new girl snickered, earning a slap on her arm from Yerin.

 

“Don’t scare her like that, you bunny head!”

“What? I didn’t do anything.”

 

The girl defended herself but Yerin did not listen to her since she already moved next to Eunbi to console the girl. The blonde held the shaky hand firmly.

 

“Come on, Eunbi-ah. She’s not scary. Don’t worry.”

 

The young girl moved away from her hiding place. However, she was still shy so she decided to hide again behind Yerin, sticking her head out to look at the other girl. The bob hair girl chuckled at the cute sight, slowly approaching Eunbi steadily with a friendly smile on her face.

 

“I’m really sorry for scaring you. I didn’t mean any harm. My name is Jung Eunbi and I’m Yerin-unnie’s cousin. Nice to meet you. What’s your name, little girl?”

 

Eunbi hesitated a bit then replied quietly. “Hw-... Jung Eunbi...”

 

The bob hair girl was surprised by the answer and immediately looked at the older girl, who also facepalmed herself after realizing something.

 

“I did hear from my parents that you have a new sister. But I would never think that she would have the same name as mine, Yerin-unnie.”

“Yeah, both of you have the same first name. And since Eunbi-ah became a Jung, I almost forgot about this. How are we going to distinguish between you two?”

“Should we call her by her old last name?”

“Definitely no and stop invading my mind already, bunny!”

“I’m still in training so I can’t control my power. Can’t help it.”

 

Yerin scolded while the other girl just shrugged. Jung Eunbi was her cousin and also her best friend. Among the Jung clan, the bob hair girl and her family were the only relatives that shared the same ideology with Yonghyun. Therefore, the two families had been close to each other for so long, resulting for their daughter to befriend since they were born. Being one year younger than the blonde, Jung Eunbi tended to act clingy around the older girl like real sisters. They were so close that Jung Eunbi would be the only one who could see another side of the heir, who was famous for her calm and dignified manners. And she was the only one who Yerin trusted to share her secrets besides Yonghyun.

 

To be honest, Yerin could not hide anything from the bunny-like girl since the girl was born with a rare power same as Yonghyun’s, telepathy. Since the girl was still young so she could not control her power well, she ended up accidentally reading people’s minds. That was how Jung Eunbi was able to learn the younger Eunbi’s circumstance from invading Yerin’s mind. In order to improve her power, she became Yonghyun’s apprentice and occasionally visited their residence for training. Yerin guessed that explained for her unexpected presence.

 

“Don’t you have to train with my father? What are you doing here?”

“He has some business to take care so he told me to meet you and went out already.” The bob hair answered. “And back to the topic please, unnie. You can’t just call me bunny whenever all of us are together like this.”

“I thought you like to be called that?” Yerin grinned amusingly when the younger girl rolled her eyes.

“As a joke, maybe but not all the name. Can you just give both of us another nickname?”

 

Yerin scratched her chin. Looking back and forth at the two Eunbi, her brain worked all of its neurons to think of anything that could satisfy both of them. Suddenly, something clicked in her mind as she glanced quickly at the book she just read.

 

“Before you came here, I was reading a human book about astronomy. And I came across this word that I think it suits you a lot, bunny. What do you think about Eunha?”

“Eunha? What does that mean?”

“It means Galaxy, the sea of stars we always see upon the night sky.”

 

The bob hair thought about it for a few seconds until her lips formed into a bright smile. She loved the name as she kept repeating it quietly inside her head. Seeing the satisfied look on the girl, Yerin grinned to herself. She turned around to look at the younger girl behind her. Gazing at the waiting golden eye, the blonde smiled gently.

 

“And for you, you’re my sister yet I know very little about you. Since the first time we met, you’ve been the mystery that I always want to solve, to understand and to cherish. A mysterious beauty, SinB. How about it?”

 

Hearing the name for the first time, the young girl unconsciously mumbled the word. The first name she was given by her sister, sounded like honey in her ear. Short, simple but meaningful. She loved it. She loved it too much that she did not even realize she had startled the two older girls unintentionally. Both of them were speechless but for different reasons. For Eunha, she was amazed by the view. She had always been admiring the blonde’s beauty and thought the older girl was the most beautiful girl she had ever met. But after seeing the brunette, she doubted herself.

 

And in Yerin’s case, she was attracted. It was her first time ever to see her sister smile. The younger girl had been wearing either a black face or a shy and scared one. The blonde had seen her tears, her fear, but never a smile. A bright and sincere smile without any burden and sorrow. It was a simple smile of a child, however, it felt so special to Yerin for some unknown reason. Feeling the long gaze on herself, SinB snapped out of her train of thought, only to find the blonde had been quietly staring at her. Her shyness came back. Embarrassed, SinB flustered, avoiding eyes contact. Eunha giggled at such a cute side of the girl. Fetching a cherry candy from her dress’ pocket, she slowly walked toward the young girl, offering the candy.

 

“You should smile more often, SinB-ah. You’re really cute, you know? And besides...” Eunha smirked as she peeked at the older girl behind her. “It seems that your older sister likes it more than she thought.”

 

After that comment, Yerin’s senses returned to her, along with a blush. She realized that Eunha had read her mind again. Her pale face was burned in embarrassment. She yelled at the bob hair girl, resulting in a friendly chase between them. Standing outside while holding the candy in her hand, SinB quietly watched the older girls fighting and laughing. Their laughter warmed the cold huge room, as well as the lonely heart of a certain unfortunate girl. She was finally able to feel it. The warmth she had always wished for. Her walls slowly collapsed. The brunette once again allowed herself to be honest, giggling at the friendly quarrel. Hearing the soft giggle, Yerin, who was in the middle of choking Eunha in her arm, froze to look at the source of the noise. Unconsciously, her heart melted at the sight. Relieved and delighted. She hoped she would be able to see the cheerful side of SinB more.

 

“U-unnie... I’m dying... I’m seriously dying...” Eunha tapped Yerin’s arm to release her. The blonde grinned and loosened her grip to let the girl fall off her arm. “Seriously unnie, your strength is ridiculously too much. You almost killed me!”

“Both of us know that you can’t die from being choked, Eunha.”

“Why can’t you be more gentle to me, unnie? It’s really painful!”

 

The bob hair girl pouted, still sitting on the floor and whining at the older girl. However, she did not expect that another arm would reach out for her, offering her the cherry candy that she just gave to the brunette girl. Looking up, she saw the same girl with the eyepatch, shyly but clearly was worried for her well-being.

 

“I heard that sweet is a good antidote for pain...”

 

Could not handle the cuteness anymore, Eunha squealed, hugging the brunette tightly while rubbing her chubby cheek against SinB’s face.

 

“SinB-ah. You’re such a good girl. Forget about Yerin-unnie, from now on, you’ll be my favorite cousin.”

 

Annoyed by the declaration, Yerin tried to push the bob hair girl away from her sister but Eunha did not give up that easy. In the end, SinB was sandwiched by the other girls, in between their arms. She did not mind about it. In fact, she enjoyed the warmth and the attention she received from her sister and cousin. After another night, a cute bunny joined her family.