The Senerity

You are my star

Two months later.

 

Everything seemed to be more peaceful as the girls focus on adapting to the new changes in their lives. Because of Eunha one of her abilities, she could alternate people’s belief, successful erasing all the traces of the girls from the scene in the hospital by making them forget about the girls’ presences at that time. The raven-haired girl did the same thing to Yerin’s case so no one would believe that a girl had been sleeping inside the former famous Ice Mountain in Seoul for 600 years. However, as well as her precognition, these two rare abilities she received after taking SinB’s blood so they had their own limitations, unlike to her telepathy. When she used the ability to alternate people’s minds, it drained lots of her energy, requiring her to drink more blood later on and slept for a whole day in order to recover back to her normal state. Since their identities were covered, the detectives and the psychologist went back to their jobs to avoid suspicions, as well as to look out for any signs of the Organization. Sojung and Yuna politely declined the offer to stay in the mansion since they had been used to living alone. However, they visited the place often. Sometimes for exchanging information that they received. Sometimes they just wanted to hang out with the other girls.

 

As for Yewon, the young doctor moved into the mansion of the Eunbi duo a few days after the incident. She shared a room with SinB since they had been roommates during university years. Considering the fact that their identities had been unveiled, the young medics had to work from home. With a little help from Yuna, they had created an online clinic and doing an examination on their laptops. It was not like they were desperate in need of money. They had more than enough to beat the world’s richest man in the wealth ranking. But staying at home all day doing nothing was too boring for the girls. Also, they did not want to get their skills and knowledge become rusty. They took a lot of time, even using Yewon’s puppy eyes, to convince Eunha to let them work. The psychologist gave in. However, being cautious, she asked Yuna to add extra firewalls in the system so that they could not track down their mansion from the internet. Thanks to that, Yuna visited the mansion more often than her partner to check on the security. Taking the opportunities, Yewon, who had been having interests in IT, asked Yuna to teach her about the system so the red-haired girl would not have to come here almost every day. Eventually, the two girls became close and more comfortable around each other.

 

On the other hand, SinB’s life remained the same. She had been used to this lifestyle, staying concealed for a long time. However, she had a new task which she found it both annoying and interesting at the same time. To babysitting Yerin. After getting her makeover, her hair had changed into a glamorous black shade. The tip of her hair was curled a little, making her look more like an ordinary Asian girl. A really beautiful ordinary girl. She had been used to the older girl’s blond hair for so long. But her new hair suited Yerin than SinB could ever imagine. She could still remember the moment when the girl returned home with her new look. The pink-haired girl almost forgot how to breathe if Yewon did not snap her out of her fantasy with a nudge on the elbow.

 

Embarrassed by her own memory, SinB blushed deeply, looking around to see if someone caught her. Sighing in relief, she continued with her cooking. At the moment, she was alone by herself in the kitchen as she was preparing dinner for everyone. Yewon was in their shared room, having some daily examination with her clients. Eunha was at work and she said in her message to SinB that she would be home before dinner along with the other two detectives. Being too absorbed in her thoughts, she failed to notice that she was not completely alone. Had been sitting on the couch in the living room, Yerin took a moment to take her eyes off the medical books that Yewon and SinB lent her to update her knowledge and to kill time. SinB’s sigh had alerted her.

 

Since she could not go out in the daylight, she stayed home all the time to guard the young medics and also to protect the only place they could call home. Besides, reading books, she would try to help SinB and Yewon with their chores. But she was not a big help as everything was still new to her. SinB spent most of her time teaching the older girl about the technology and equipment they were using in this era. It took times for the vampire to learn everything from scratches but being a bright person, it was not giving her a headache at least. Except when it was about electronic devices. Yerin knew how to use the stove and oven. Sometimes, she was in charge of cooking since it became her new hobbies to kill time when she was bored of reading. But no matter what, she could not learn how to use a cellphone. Eunha bought her a new phone but she could not use it well besides calling an receiving calls and text messages. Being the IT freak in the house, SinB was patient to teach her at first. But then the young girl was so frustrated after receiving many calls from Yerin asking why there were so many text messages from unknown numbers asking her to buy their house or insurance. ‘And what does insurance even mean?’ SinB completely gave up and assigned the task to Yewon, who was kind enough to give Yerin a throughout lesson on how to use a smartphone whenever she had time.

 

Normally, it would be the oldest girl who would cook for everyone. But since SinB did not have an appointment or any specifical things to do on that day, the pink-haired girl insisted on cooking meals for the three of them. Yerin shrugged, letting her be comfortable alone in the kitchen while she sat on the couch, having a clear view of the younger girl in case she needed help with anything. The atmosphere had been cozily silent until the distressed sigh coming to the kitchen broke it. The older girl noticed how the young one fidgetted, looking around cautiously. Assuming the girl was having some troubles, Yerin stood up from her seat and approached the girl. It seemed that SinB was too absorbed in her thoughts that she was oblivious to her surrounding. Yerin was not being quiet on purpose but the pink-haired girl did not see her coming until she jumped from the ground, completely startled by the warm and soothing voice.

 

“SinB-ah, do you need any help?”

 

The pink-haired girl was flustered. She turned around to face the other girl, not even aware that her face was painted in a deep shade of red.

 

“N-No. I’m fine. Don’t worry, unnie.”

“Really? I heard you sighing. Is there something bothering you?”

 

Because of that innocent question, the memory of how she first saw Yerin’s new look rushed back into her mind. And the fact that girl, who had been haunting her for days, was standing just a few inches in front of her did not help to reduce the embarrassment that was boiled up inside. She could feel how her face was burning up right now, quickly shaking her head.

 

“N-nothing. I’m just thinking about some trivial things.”

“Are you sure? Your face is really red now. Do you have a fever?”

 

While asking that, Yerin casually used her hands to tug her and SinB’s bang up. Then she connected their foreheads together. Because of the sudden contact and she was conscious about how close their faces were, SinB was so sure that she could die at any moment because of her own heat. Quickly but gently pushing the older girl away, the pink-haired girl tried to calm her fluttering heart but failed hard.

 

“W-why did you do that?”

“What? You mean the forehead things? It’s in lots of novels that Yewon lent me. I thought it’s a normal way to check body temperature.”

 

Yerin answered sheepishly, causing the younger girl to facepalm mentally. She guaranteed that they were romantic novels that Yerin took the idea from, considering how Yewon loved to read those. She noted to herself that she would have a serious talk with the young doctor after this.

 

“Yerin-unnie, the proper way to measure one’s body temperature is using the thermometer. Doesn’t it say so in the medical books I gave you?”

“Well, that’s true. But this is much faster than getting a thermometer from the medical cabinet. I can still feel how hot you are.”

 

Once again, Yerin was surely not aware of how figurative her words were. Causing the pink-haired to blush once again. SinB did not know why but she usually felt nervous about the other girl. She was too sensitive that each word could make her understand it in another way.

 

“But seriously, you can’t just do that to anyone. Only family members or-...”

 

Before SinB could finish whatever she tried to explain, Yerin pressed her body against the younger girl, completely freezing the girl again. With a seductive smirk on her face, she placed both of her arms on the counter, trapping the girl in between.

 

“Or what, SinB-ah?” She said in a low voice. “Aren’t you my family? What’s wrong with us doing that?”

 

Yerin had developed her new personality since she got this new life of her. Sadistic and flirty. For some reasons, after she got her hair color change, SinB had got shyer than before. Sometimes she blushed by just looking at the older girl and trying to avoid any skinship as most as possible. She found that really amusing. SinB did not like skinship much in the past, unlike Yerin who was really touchy. But the girl used to let her being clingy and did not protest. Now, the young girl would whine whenever she gave her back hugs; and sometimes blushed when they sat next to each other. It was too hilarious to her that Yerin acted all flirty around the young surgeon just to . She did not know why but the sight of blushing SinB was really adorable.

 

“F-fine. You win, unnie.” SinB stuttered, trying to keep her mind clear as she felt Yerin’s hot breath on her face. “Can you let me finish cooking? Yewon is about to come down in any minutes.”

 

SinB admitted her defeat was definitely rare. She was very competitive and yet she gave up really fast. Yerin could not stop herself from seeing this side of SinB. Comparing to the old Ice Princess, she was fond of this new girl more. Satisfied with what she got, she moved back a little to give the girl some space. The taller girl muted her giggles as she could hear the obvious relieving sigh from the younger girl.

 

“Do you need any help? I’m starting to get bored with all the blood cells and metabolism.”

“If you insist, can you set up the table for me, please? I think Eunha and the others will be back soon.”

“Anything for my princess.”

 

The vampire already turned around but she knew that SinB rolled her eyes at her cheesy line, and probably another blush, which she was not so sure how that reddened face could be any redder. She got more greasy after reading those romantic novels she borrowed from Yewon. It was a nice weapon to use against SinB and Eunha since the Eunbi duo’s reactions to her greasiness were really entertaining. As SinB went back to her fried kimchi rice, Yerin opened the cabinet to take out the clean dishes. Acting accordingly to her habit, she also took out a blood pill bottle and glasses. A sudden thought invaded her mind as her cheerfulness was soon replaced with a heavy mood while staring at the bottle on her hand.

 

When she started living with Eunha and SinB, they had explained to her how the pills worked. Apparently, even though Eunha required less blood consumption than average matured vampires, she still needed to drink blood once a week to survive. Therefore, in one of her past lives, SinB had created a substitution for animal blood in order to help Eunha, since they could not hunt animals for fresh blood because of the laws, which was these pills. Their formula was the same as blood but of course, it was less delicious than fresh blood. Not to mention that it was almost tasteless like water. However, if that was all for a problem, Yerin would not mind that much since she was not so picky when they were in this kind of precarious situation. What bothered her the most was SinB’s ability side-effect. The reason why the Organization wanted to capture her alive no matter what was her connection to anyone who drank her blood.

 

At first, Yerin thought only humans would be bound to SinB in lifespan after hearing Yewon’s story. But then, one day, she accidentally walked into a scene that she would never expect to see. The junior detective, Yuna, biting the pink-haired girl on her wrist, blood dripping from the corner of the red-haired girl’s lips while Eunha was just standing next to them, watching calmly like it was nothing. Of course, Yerin was aware that Yuna did drink SinB’s blood to mature, like Eunha. But she did not understand why she had those foreign feelings when she saw that image.

 

Frustration. Anger. Jealousy.

 

Later on, Eunha and SinB explained that it was because of the attachment to SinB’s blood. The raven-haired girl also had to get a sip of SinB’s blood every two weeks in order to keep all of her vampiric strength and abilities. Or else, she would be nothing more than an immortal human, like Yewon. She would lose all of her abilities and her physical strength was not stronger than an average human adult. That was how Yuna was unable to continue her mission before she was found by Eunha accidentally fifty years ago; when they both worked as vocal teachers in a music school. After hearing the complicating story from the red-haired, Eunha decided not to tell SinB about her until the right time came. Sometimes, the raven-haired girl would sneak some blood out for the girl without SinB noticing it so she could gain back her lost ability; with a deal that Yuna would help her to fight the Organization and protect SinB. They became ally since then, explaining why Yuna had been awfully calm in the beginning.

 

Yerin sighed softly, gripping tightly on the bottle before going back to her task. While setting up the table, she took a small glance at the pink-haired girl who was still busy making the meal. Obviously, the Eunbi duo advice her to accept SinB’s blood if she wanted to fight. The oldest vampire was at a big disadvantage when she had not had a drink of human blood to mature yet. And she did not have 600 years of experience like Eunha and SinB. With her strength right now, she could not even win against Eunha in her friendly spars to even think about protecting SinB. Despite having a human body and strength, the pink-haired girl was way more experienced and trained to force herself learning all of the available martial arts. Therefore, it was reasonable for Yerin to lose to the young girl in a hand-to-hand battle if she did not depend on her vampiric strength.

 

Being fully aware of her disadvantage, Yerin refused the offer no matter how many times the Eunbi duo tried to ask her. Seeing how Eunha and Yuna had to depend on SinB’s blood, she did not want to give her beloved sister more burden. Although, Yewon did offer her blood to the vampire in order for her to at least mature and gain her full-power ability. However, Yerin declined also. She did not have any grudge toward the young human. But her nose distasted the scent of Yewon’s blood when the girl cut her wrist a while ago to demonstrate her inhuman recovery rate. To be frank, the smell was disgusting, almost the same with the blood pill. Yet when Yuna bit SinB’s wrist, the scent of the warm crimson liquid triggered all of her senses, so delicious and attractive like a magnet. She was scared by learning how she was drawn to the girl’s blood, afraid that one day she would not be able to control her thirst and actually hurt the girl. The most important person in her life. Being as stubborn as she was, the other girls finally had to accept her decision but they kept their offer open, in case the girl changed her mind.

 

“It’s unusual to find you spacing out like that, Yerin.”

 

Snapping out of her thoughts, Yerin noticed the mocking voice. Taking her time, she glanced behind her back, meeting up with the senior detective in her formal suit. Raising her brows, she responded back in the same mocking way.

 

“Because that’s all I can do when I have to stay inside the house 24/7, unlike someone can have fun with their crush somewhere else.”

 

Sojung blushed as the retort. She quickly moved forward the brunette, intended to have Yerin in a headlock. But the girl swiftly evaded her attack and ran away. The two suppose-to-be oldest girl in the house chased each other like little kids. Coming back home together with the two detectives, Eunha shook her head, did not know how to deal with the big kids. She went to help SinB taking out the delicious dishes to the table while giving a scold to the playful girls.

 

“Can you two stop fooling around and help us with the dinner?”

“But Yerin called me giraffe again!”

“If you stop calling me midget then I might consider to help you with that, Sojung-unnie.” Eunha winked at Sojung, making the taller girl blush, quickly shifting her gaze away.

 

Since Yerin refused to drink any fresh human blood, the vampire decided to arm herself with modern skills, such as martial arts or how to use a gun. SinB and Yuna were the best among them in term of martial arts and shooting skill respectively. However, because of her pride, Yerin could not bring herself to ask them to teach her. Eunha and Yewon were the types to use their brains more so they were out of the question. The only and probably the best option left was Sojung. Her skills were not as superb as the other two; but adequate enough for Yerin to be able to survive the battle without completely relying on her vampire ability. Throwing away her pride, the vampire begged the detective to become her coach. Amused by how a superior race in term of strength had her head low to ask her, Sojung did not think twice and immediately accepted the request. Therefore, they had been training together in the training basement room of the mansion, almost every day after the detective had finished her work. If Yuna visited the mansion to teach Yewon about computer science, then Sojung spent time as much as her partner in the mansion to teach Yerin all the combat skills she knew. That was how both of them got more friendly toward each other, to a point that they dropped all the formalities and treated each other as friends.

 

As for Eunha, she acted formally to the detectives at work. But when she was alone in the house, she would treat Yuna as her same-age buddy since both of them literally had the same age. For Sojung, the raven-haired girl insisted on calling her unnie when her matured age, or human age in her fake profile, was two years younger than the senior. The tall detective felt awkward when someone had been living 600 years addressing her unnie but eventually, she liked how the petite girl’s attitude softened more than before. She smiled more and often joined SinB in their pranks and jokes. It was a completely new side of Eunha that Sojung had never seen before. The petite girl had become a real bunny, jumping around messing with people and being more clingy to others, especially when SinB and Yerin were around. The oldest vampire explained that this was how Eunha acted when they were kids. The raven-haired girl just returned back to her past self, releasing all the stress and concern she had been carrying for so long. Honestly, Sojung wished that the petite girl would open to her more since she was only able to see those dazzling smiles when SinB and Yerin were there. Even when they had some moments alone at work, Eunha would never act cutely around the detective. Maybe because they were not that close yet. Maybe because the raven-haired girl did not want Sojung to think she was weak. Netherless, the purple-haired girl was determined to become close to everyone since they started their alliance, especially her crush, which somehow Yerin already knew about it and used it to .

 

Surrendering, Sojung ignored the teasing grin from the oldest vampire and just went upstairs to fetch the other girls down for dinner.