Chapter 1

Beauty in the beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In this Chapter:
Seokjin was 20 going 21
Jungkook was 11 going 12
Taehyung was 13 going 14
Namjoon was 14 going 15

yup, 9 years gap. Their birthday is still the same.

***

"You're so beautiful "

"Such beauty"

"You are much more beautiful than I am "

"You're so pretty, pretty like a doll"

"I envy you Seokjin, You are smart, and you are a Prince that everyone desired of, and of course that beauty of yours that can captivate everyone."

"Perfect"

When Seokjin was a kid, he likes compliments. But as he grow up, he notice that all compliments that was given to him are just flatteries and sweet talks, praises without sincerity, words without value. He began to hate it and loathe the people that was not genuine at what they say,or simply people that wanted him to their collection.

Seokjin became cold, distant and heartless to the people who only recognize his beauty and not his wholeself, only his perfection not his flaws. And actually the elder servants and Seokjin family are the only exception.

His mother is a little worried at that, because no one will ever miss his precious oldest son's beauty, his beauty is a gift and curse.

Most of people that had seen Seokjn just want him to be in their possession, or used him it's either to brag, or used him in whatever they desired, ignoring the fact that Seokjin was not a thing, he was a living human.

"Prince Seokjin" His mother called him when she spoted her son.

"My beautiful Seokjin" And Seokjin smiled at that, the way his mother said that held no hidden meaning just love and affection. Seokjin can feel the honesty and sincerity in her words.

"Yes my queen?" He replied while slowly walking to his mother that was sitting on a chair while staring at the flowers in their garden.

"I wished you happiness" Seokjin mother suddenly said, now staring at him, his mother eyes are always warm and comforting.

"I wish you happiness too mother" Seokjin was taken a little at that but still smile, ignoring the question in his head as to why his mother are paled and look weak and .. sad.

When he was finally at his mother's side he bowed a little showing her respect, he just stay still untill her mother made him up.

"The palace seems quiet, where are your brothers?"

"Prince Namjoon was on the library as usual mother, while Prince Taehyung was in his friend birthday party"

"Oh, the raven?"

"Pardon?" Did Seokjin heard the queen right?

"That friend of his, he remind me of a raven"

"Is that ... a good thing?" Seokjin was, not sure now to Taehyung friend, he actually trust the younger's judgement when it comes to people but now his mother compared that friend of his to a raven that was close to crow makes him nervous -being compared to a crow is not (for Seokjin perspective) not good- Seokjin believe that crows are the messenger of death or something related to it.

"have you not met him?" the queen asked, a little amused at her son's reaction.

Seokjin just shake his head, and her mother smile.

"don't worry, his a good kid, he just have a shiny soft black hair that remind me of a raven, he actually looked like a bunny" Her mother chuckled

"oh" was the only word he can mutter

"It reminds me, Seokjin, you're 20, right?" His mother said, her gaze was on the flowers again, or so Seokjin thought.

"yes mother"

"Time flies so fast" The queen eyes held emotion Seokjin can't decipher and he was a little nervous at that but just ignore it.

"indeed" Seokjin said, a little smile on his lips, maybe his mother was just reminiscing some memories in the past.

"As the eldest, you are supposed to be the king" Her mother said, eyes and voice lace with sadness

"mother?" Seokjin was confused as to why her mother is suddenly saying this kind of things.

"In the next three months you're going to be 21" Her mother seems to be .. talking to herself

"mother is there something wrong?" Seokjin asked again, his now looking at her mother, eyes full of worries.

"The coronation.."

"What about that,my majesty?"

"Me and Your father are verry sorry" Seokjin really can't read the emotion swimming in his mother's eyes, same at what she's thinking. But Seokjin thinks his mother was..close to tear up.

"mother, can you tell me what's wrong?" But Seokjin never get his answer, or at least answer he expect.

"Come with me"

Seokjin is confused, his mind was a mess so many questions in his head but he still nodded, and follow her mother.

Seokjin was trained to be calm. A king was calm and collected whenever, whatever problem was present. And Seokjin being the crowned prince was expected to be that too. That's why after a second eventhough his confused he tried to calm himself up.

By the direction they were going Seokjin thinks the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter