Seventh Impression

How I met you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Chapter VII -

Seventh Impression

 

Do you ever wish you had a second chance to meet someone again for the first time?

 

 

Yoongi rubbed his hands nervously, casting another glance at the door for the umpteenth times. It had been hours that he was sitting on his chair, next to the window of Gogo Coffee Shop. He came early, really early, to his date with Taehyung. As he was waiting for the younger photographer to come, Yoongi remembered the first time he saw Taehyung…

And no it was not at Seoul Plaza when he spilled his coffee on the younger’s shirt. It was days before, weeks before... rather months...

 

Flashback

 

The first time Yoongi saw Taehyung, it was three months ago at one of his exhibitions. A day he remembered by heart. A day he knew it would be hard to forget.

It was a sunny afternoon of May, Yoongi was exhibited his photographs at the well-known Museum Of Modern Art for the first time in his career. He was wearing his big black sunglasses and was hiding from the crowd. He never felt this nervous, and even thought he would faint anytime he heard his name “M.Y.” out of the mouths of the visitors.

The Museum of Modern Art was such a challenge for him; just few photographers had the privilege to expose their work during their lifetime making him feel all the pressure of such an occasion. Even if no one knew that he was the photographer behind these pictures (except his friends) Yoongi was still extremely nervous and sweaty .

So from his hiding place - behind a column - Yoongi was scanning the room, the visitor’s expression, journalists, professionals, everything.

 

“You’re losing your mind Yoongles!” He said to himself as he realized how tensed he was.

 

He normally was so sure of his works, his passion and talent that he never cared about people’ opinion. That just did not look at all like him to be so anxious. However, he could not help but continue to scrutinize the crowd when he heard a warm and deep voice talking.

 

“I want to cuddle M.Y.” said the male voice, earning a giggle from another man.

 

Yoongi suppressed a laugh and turned around to see a tanned-skin man with a hearth-taking beauty. He hid behind the column a bit more to look at the young man discreetly. And just like that, Yoongi felt the world worked in slow motion. Never he saw someone more beautiful in his life. No sunrise, sunset, rainbow or wave could compete with the magical beauty of this young man.

 

“You’re so weird Tae!” said the giggly friend. “Why do you want to cuddle him?”

 

“But Chim! Yoongi must be so nervous right now. I’m sure he needs a hug.” The beautiful man named ‘Tae’ answered.

 

“So your M.Y. finally has flaws and can be nervous!” The other teased.

 

“Being nervous is not bad” Tae pouted. “It just means something important is happening… And because it’s important Yoongi needs a hug to know that he can’t control things by being anxious and tensed… Of course he can be nervous but I hope he could step into this experience with butterflies in his bones so beautiful, he knows he’s doing something right…”

 

“I’m sure he knows that” the friend said.

 

“Well… maybe he does not know that... but one thing for sure: I reallly love him.”

 

The tanned skin man shook his head and smiled before he turned around to another photograph, fading away into the crowd.

 

And at the exact moment Yoongi lost the sight of him, the world started again. He touched his chest to feel his heart racing. He sighed, took a deep breath and sighed one more time.

 

“You’re losing your mind Yoongles!” He said to himself again, before giggling in a silly way from a new sort of nervousness.

 

“What’s happening to you?” Namjoon asked with an eyebrow raised when he reached him.

 

“I… I don’t even know!” continued to giggle Yoongi as he was touching his arms; convinced there were butterflies inside of him now.

 

 

And three months later, the thought of this first encounter still made him smile.

 

“Who could have guessed that I will meet you again?” Yoongi thought out loud, sipping his coffee.

 

He looked at his cup and grinned thinking about the moment he learnt he had been selected for the National Geographic Award with another photographer...

 

Flashback

 

It was two months ago. Namjoon came in his apartment as he used to but this time with a huge pack of papers in his arms that he dropped heavily on the living room table.

 

“You won’t be alone!” He announced with a smirk while Yoongi looked at him lazily from his couch.

“My dear Yoongles... You already know that you are one of the nominees for the National Geographic Awards but you’re not the only Korean.... I guess it will make the competition a bit more challenging hum?” Namjoon collapsed on the couch next to his unbothered friend.

 

“Yeah whatever.” Yoongi gave a careless shrug.

 

“Look at that first.” Namjoon handed a portfolio to the photographer. “Look, the guy has tale

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter