CHANGE

Change

Yuju had enough. She was always the one to show affection to Sinb but the latter never show any reaction in response. When she met her, Sinb was not like this. She was so playful and joyful. She would always and laugh out loud with her. But everything changed last year and what worst is that Yuju didn’t really know why. They have been together for three years. The second year Sinb proposed to Yuju, and to the latter, it is still the best day of her life. They were fiancee but after that they never talked about the wedding. Anyways Yuju was already concerned by another issue which was nothing other than Sinb’s behavior change. Days passed and Sinb was more and more distant with Yuju. She didn’t talk as much as before. She didn’t kiss her like in the past. Sinb was becoming a mystery matching her personality with the sense of her name. But Yuju was so in love with her that she couldn’t manage to tell her anything. Until one day.  That day, Yuju began to be suspicious about Sinb’s fidelity as the latter didn’t come back home and spent the night away. When she returns in the morning, Yuju couldn’t hide her angriness: 

 

  • Where were you ? 

 

  • I was working. said Sinb with a dull face. 

 

  • Since when do you work in the night too ? You could have at least call me. Do you know how worried I was. 

 

  • Well maybe that's the problem, you worry too much for nothing. replied Sinb. 

 

  • You didn’t reply to my question, pointed Yuju. 

​​​​​​​

  • I work at night because I ask my boss that I wanted to do so. I didn’t call you because I thought you knew already.

​​​​​​​

  • How can I know if you don’t communicate with me ? 

 

Sinb didn’t respond as always but this time Yuju didn’t let her go. 

  • Please answer me, Sinb ! 

 

  • I don’t know what to say to you. If you’re crazy enough to believe that I don’t talk to you, then I don’t know what to say. 

​​​​​​​

  • Me, crazy ?! Yuju raised her voice, she couldn’t believe what was saying Sinb.

​​​​​​​

  • See ! You are shouting at me. Why ?

​​​​​​​

  • Because you are lying. I am not crazy, you actually don’t talk to me as much as before. 

​​​​​​​

  • Maybe because I am working and I don’t have time like you who stays at home all day.

​​​​​​​

  • I stopped working because of you, because I was too often abroad and we didn’t have enough time together. It was you who told me to quit my job. How can you forget !

​​​​​​​

  • Well I know that, that's why I began to work at night.

​​​​​​​

  • You should have told me that you couldn’t afford to support us financially. I would have find a job even a precarious one. Now tell me, what is the real problem ? 

​​​​​​​

  • There is no other problem, Yuju. 

​​​​​​​

  • Why aren't you as affectionate as before ? 

​​​​​​​

  • People change Yuju. 

​​​​​​​

  • I know they change but when they do they have a reason. So what’s yours ?

 

  • I fell out of love.

​​​​​​​

Yuju was so shocked but deep inside she knew. 

 

  • What did I do to trigger this ? 

​​​​​​​

  • You did nothing. 

​​​​​​​

  • Is it because of someone else ? 

​​​​​​​

  • No, I would never love any other person than you. 

​​​​​​​

  • Please, let me make you fall in love with me again.Yuju begged her. 

​​​​​​​

  • No it is better for you if you forget me. Sinb was crying. It was painful to watch her do so. 

​​​​​​​

  • But Sinb, how can you ask me to do that ? Why are you crying ? You don’t seem to be be sure of what you are saying. 

​​​​​​​

  • I am serious Yuju, please let me go. I will keep paying for your apartment but if one day you notice that I don’t pay you back anymore please find a job and live your life. 

​​​​​​​

  • No Sinb, you’re not leaving me. I don’t care if you don’t love me anymore. I want you to stay with me. 

​​​​​​​

  • No, nothing will change my mind. Goodbye Yuju. 

​​​​​​​

  • Please let me do something before you go. Yuju thought of something, it was her last chance to make Sinb stay with her. She can sense that Sinb still loves her so she wants to see whether it is true. 

​​​​​​​

  • Euh … Ok … said eventually Sinb. 

 

Yuju approached Sinb. She fix her eyes on Sinb’s ones. The latter wanted to avoid any contact with her eyes but suddenly Yuju held her face and Yuju could see sadness and a huge pain in Sinb’s eyes. It was almost unbearable to see. Sinb, who has always vitality and twinkle in her eyes, seemed so different. She seemed tired or sick. Maybe both. Yuju felt guilty not to have notice it before. She wanted to help her. Sinb seemed so vulnerable she was almost unrecognizable. Indeed she had always been a tough girl. Yuju planted a kiss on Sinb’s forehead and Sinb seemed to have relaxed a little bit. Yuju then kissed her lips. She did it very softly as if Sinb was so fragile she feared that she would break down at any time. She felt passion in the kiss. Sinb was putting all her energy in this kiss. It was not a kiss that one would assign to a person who fell out of love. Then, Yuju thought about something. 

 

  • Sinb, she said without breaking eye contact with Sinb nor removing her fingers from holding Sinb’s cute cheeks. 

​​​​​​​

  • Yeah … said Sinb. 

​​​​​​​

  • Give me your engagement ring please. 

​​​​​​​

  • Why ? 

​​​​​​​

  • Because you fell out of love, I want to keep it. 

​​​​​​​

  • No, give me yours. 

​​​​​​​

  • What ? 

​​​​​​​

  • I want to keep our rings.

​​​​​​​

  • But it makes no sense. I am the one who still love you.

​​​​​​​

  • You have to forget about our love. 

​​​​​​​

  • I don’t want to. Why do I have to do so ?

​​​​​​​

  • Because I will be the one to remember our love for you. 

​​​​​​​

Yuju was just so confused. 

 

  • Please explain, I don’t get it. 

​​​​​​​

  • You don’t have to understand. My last demand towards you is that you forget me and keep on with your life. You are still so young. You will find another person who will be able to love you all his life. 

​​​​​​​

  • You are also young Sinb. I want that person to be you. 

​​​​​​​

  • But I can’t. 

​​​​​​​

  • Why you can’t ? 

​​​​​​​

  • Because I changed. 

​​​​​​​

  • No you didn’t, you still love me I felt it through the kiss, shouted out Yuju. She was confused and angry at the same time. Why it was so complicate for Sinb to realize that she was still in love with her ? 

​​​​​​​

  • But love is unfortunately not enough. 

​​​​​​​

  • Yes it is, I said that I will work so the economic issue is solved. What is the problem now, Sinb ? 

​​​​​​​

  • Yuju if I tell you, promise me you will let me go. 

​​​​​​​

  • No I can’t promise you anything. I prefer not to know and you to stay by my side.

​​​​​​​

  • I can’t I am sorry. I want to free you. I want you to stop worrying because of me. 

​​​​​​​

  • You’re not going to free me Sinb, if you leave I don’t know what I will do but don’t think I will live happy after that.​​​​​​​

 

Suddenly Sinb got a call. She looked at her phone and then she said:

 

  • Sorry Yuju but, I have to go. Please forgive me and forget me. 

​​​​​​​

Sinb left her. Yuju could’t believe it. She collapsed on the floor and cried. It was so painful. On top of that, she didn’t know why but she was sure Sinb was seeing another person. That would justify the call at least because it was Sunday so it couldn’t be her boss. She decided to follow Sinb. Hopefully Yuju was athletic, she managed to catch up Sinb but she stayed hidden. 

Sinb was walking very fast, she looked in a hurry. She walked until she arrived in front of the hospital. Yuju was confused. What was Sinb doing here ? Sinb entered the hospital. Yuju followed her. A doctor arrived and spoke to Sinb. Yuju thought that Sinb was cheating on her with a doctor but he seemed more sad than anything when he talked to her. She tried to approach them in order to hear what they were saying but it was too risky. The doctor handed a paper to Sinb then, Sinb left the hospital. Yuju wanted to know what it was about. So she followed Sinb. To her big surprise, Sinb went to the sea. It was weird to see her there all the more because Sinb didn’t know how to swim. Sinb took the paper and throw it on the sand. Then she approached the sea. Thanks to the wind, Yuju was able to reach the paper without Sinb being aware of her presence. She took the paper and read it. It was a medical diagnosis which states that Sinb was sick. She urgently needed to receive treatments. Yuju was shocked. She saw the date of the diagnosis: last night. Yuju realized why Sinb was not home that night. But why didn’t Sinb want to tell her the truth ? A last thing drew Yuju’s attention: the cost of the surgery. It was very expensive ! Never would she have enough money to pay the treatment. Yuju cried. That is why Sinb wanted to break up with her. This is what she meant when she told her that she wanted to free her. But never will Sinb be a burden for Yuju. Wait, if Sinb can’t afford the treatment that means she will die. Yuju looked up but she saw no one. Where was Sinb ? Yuju began to panic when she remembered that the last time she saw Sinb was when she was heading towards the sea. But Sinb can’t swim, why would she go there ? 

Suddenly Yuju realized why and she ran towards the sea. She jumped in the water. She screamed Sinb’s name but no one responded. Her tears mixed with the seawater she was swallowing. Hopefully thanks to the big waves she felt a body colliding towards her. She grabbed it. It was Sinb. She seemed unconscious. She get them out of the water. She laid Sinb on the sand. She sensed her pulse  it was beating very slowly.

 

  • Sinb wake up please!  she screamed while shaking Sinb.

 

No response. Yuju decided to give mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Little time after, water was coming out of Sinb’s mouth. She coughed and gasped for air. Yuju felt relieved. She took Sinb’s hand and confort her. 

 

  • It’s okay, Sinb. I am here don’t worry. 

 

Sinb looked up towards Yuju and her eyes widened. 

 

  • Am I in paradise ? she asked when she finally managed to catch her breath. 

 

Yuju chuckled. Sinb was so cute. 

 

  • Yes. You are. said Yuju playfully. Sinb looked around and frowned. 

 

  • How did you know that I was here? she said. 

 

  • Because I followed you and I swear it was the best decision I have ever made. 

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

  • Why did you save me ? asked Sinb, You’re supposed to be angry at me because I broke your heart by breaking up with you. 

​​​​​​​

  • No, Sinb nothing will break me, not when I understood that you were still in love with me. That kiss revealed me everything. But I discovered the big part you were hiding to me when I managed to reach that medical diagnosis. Why didn’t you tell me ? You should have told me I would have help you. But you chose to kill yourself because you alleged that you would never be able to pay the treatment. 

 

Sinb didn’t know what to say but after a while she knew what to say:

 

  • Even if you help me, the treatment is too expensive. I don’t want you to be involved in this issue. 

​​​​​​​

  • So you preferred killing yourself because you thought it will not be a big issue. Well, let me tell you this, what you attempted to do it is the worst thing. I would have never let you do this. Because I care, I still care about you. I love you. 

​​​​​​​

Yuju was crying but so was Sinb. 

 

  • Listen, I am sorry, it was already painful for me to pretend I fell out of love. So please forgive me Yuju. 

 

  • I will forgive you but you have to promise me something.

​​​​​​​

  • Yeah … what ? 

​​​​​​​

  • Let me change your life. 

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Sinb nodded without knowing what is was all about. But Yuju managed to change her life and their lives. Indeed they took a credit. Yuju worked again in a big company. She was working hard. On the contrary, Sinb couldn’t work because of the huge treatment she was receiving. Yuju was working night and day. She had also raised a association and people were giving donations. A year of hard working plus the donations resulted in being able to repay the credit. Sinb changed because she got her vitality and twinkle back but Yuju changed too. She was more strong and passionate. Sinb was thankful because she had received another chance to live thanks to Yuju. They cherished every moment they had and even got married the year after. This marked the start of a change. The best of their lives. 

 

THE END