-4-

My Apprentice Knight

 

 

Rushing to the control room, he met Johnny who was going over the surveillance.

“Any updates Seo?”

“I’m reviewing the footage from the camera. Sorry, I really should have been there with her.”

Click.

Click.

Click.

Johnny and Taeyong were reviewing the images through the day with intensity.

“There.”

Taeyong pointed to Soo Jin’s figure.

They made her out.

Talking with a male.

Zooming in Taeyong noticed that familiar male.

“That’s..”

Johnny looked at Taeyong’s tensed figure, “do you know him?”

“Moon ByungShik. He always passes by every day and he never misses a chance to greet Soo Jin.”

Gritting his teeth, Taeyong remembered how she would smile at him kindly, “I never thought that he’d go after her..”

“Johnny. I have a favor to ask.”
 


 

Her eyes slowly opened and Soo Jin realized she was in a small room.

Hands tied tightly in double knots, legs restrained from making any movement and she was gagged so she wouldn’t be able to mumble a sound.

‘What should i do? I didn’t think things would turn out like this…’

Soo Jin recalled the events that led up to now, ‘he told me to come with him because he wanted to show me something but..’

Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted with a shrill voice, “Oh my lovely Soo Jin!”

She looked over to the male who opened the door, ‘I never expected Mr. Moon to be like this!’

“Have you taken a good look around?”

Moon Byungshik held his arm in the air to marvel at his “collection”, a glint in his eyes, “these are my treasures!”

Soo Jin took a good look around, eyes moving from wall to wall and what she saw horrified her to the core.

Photos.

She was surrounded in a room full of candid photos of her.

From her sleeping figure to a photo of her after a shower.

To say she was terrified wouldn’t even hint at how disgusted she was, ‘how did he? These are from my room back at the dorms..

“Can’t you see? I’ve always been admiring you! Don’t you feel my love for you Soo Jin?”

Before he could continue his twisted declaration of love the doorbell rang.

Going up to the keypad he pushed the ‘talk’ button, “yes?”

“Sorry to disturb you so early in the morning, but could I ask if the dorm maid has stopped by here?”

At the sound of the voice Soo Jin recognized who it was,

‘Taeyong’

a breath of fresh air had almost surrounded her until Byungshik spoke up, “No. She didn’t”

Hearing his denial she started to stir around, struggling with the ropes, doing her best to let out any sound for Taeyong, “mmphf! Mmn!”

“I see. Good day then.”

Click.

Soo Jin’s heart dropped when she heard Taeyong hang up.

A wave of panic had engulfed her.

She didn’t know what Byungshik was capable of and was scared out of her mind.

Byungshik turned to look at Soo Jin with an almost irritated look on his face, “My word. Isn’t he clingy? Don’t you find him as irritating as I do? But don’t you worry Soo Jin.”

Slowly he inched towards her as she did her best to crawl away, “I’m here to save you from him!”


 

 

On the other end Taeyong was standing in front of the apartment complex, gripping his phone for dear life.

“Soo Jin.”

As if Johnny read his mind, Taeyong’s phone rang with him on the other end, “You were right about that creep. Judging from the recording devices I found in Soo Jin’s room, he’s dangerous.”

Taeyong took a sharp intake after he heard the news, “I see. I’ll be going now.”

Hearing the coldness in his voice Johnny began to panic, “wait a sec! Taeyong! Don’t forget - he’s just a regular guy! You can’t go all out on him. I’ll talk with our professors and the police about this.”

“Good.

And, Johnny,

Thanks”

Johnny let out a light chuckle after hearing his friend thank him, “weird. But, saying, “thanks”..you’re being more honest now aren’t you Lee Taeyong? Is this the effect of Soo Jin on you?”