- 1 -

My Apprentice Knight

 

They're personal bodyguards who are always by their master’s side, protecting them from any harm.

Aside from having various fighting skills and techniques, they are also experienced in several fields to assist their masters.

They are the ones called, “Knights”

They are one of the many status symbols available to the upper class.

And furthermore, their galant figures and pure white uniforms never fail to attract the passionate gazes from any woman who sees them.


“Lady Soo Jin. From this moment onwards, I will be serving you.” with his strong gaze on hers, he held her tiny hands in his, “I will always protect you and will never leave your side.”

‘Most girls yearn to have a white knight swear loyalty to her but-’

“Miss Kang, if you understood what I said, then please answer me.”

Lee Taeyong wasn’t your typical knight, he stared at the girl with  a blank look. Soo Jin’s eyes twitched as she looked at his uncaring face, ‘why do you sound so unwilling?!’

Timidly the girl looked back at him, “y-yes! Please take good care of me Taeyong-sshi”

 

Kang Soo Jin. age 20, live in maid at the student dormitory for Apprentice Knights.

 

Lee Taeyong. Kang Soo Jin’s knight. Always walks with a platonic face and has an upright attitude. Nothing can break his calm composure as an apprentice knight.


It was another typical day of chores for Soo Jin as she was cleaning the halls, greeting the apprentice knights passing by.

“Soo Jin, I see you’re working hard as always.”

“Oh, hey. Johnny, Yuta”

“It must be hard on you. I mean, Taeyong chose you for his practical training so you’re basically stuck with him for 3 whole months”

“Uh.. no, it’s not like that”

“Johnny hyung’s right, it’s more like he’s supervising you instead of guarding you!”

Before any chatter could finish, Taeyong turned the corner to find the three of them, “you two.. Interfering with my training will result in your expulsion”

Wincing, Johnny goes up to taeyong and places an arm around him, “dude, you need to lighten up”

Taeyong brushed off his arm to go to Soo Jin.

“Geez, that Taeyong, he never changes. I wonder if Soo Jin will be alright..”

“His looks and grades are both superior but he really needs to work on his social skills”


‘An elite Apprentice Knight like Taeyong would usually be assigned to serve a special type of person. Not someone ordinary like me’ Soo Jin wondered why he would choose to serve someone like herself for his training.

Lost in her thoughts she accidentally dropped the bucket of water she was carrying and started to fall, “shoot-”

Before her face could hit the ground, taeyong gracefully caught her from behind with a stern face, “look out”

Blushing Soo Jin looked back at , “Ah- t-thanks for catching me”

Taeyong towered over the girl as she as cleaning up the mess she made, “Miss Kang, you’re not exactly fit to work as a maid. Have you tried finding another job?”

There was a pang in her heart as he continued his words, stopping her from continuing to clean, “you’ve been failing day after day. There’s got to be a limit to your clumsiness. Once the three months have passed, I won’t be able to help you. What will you do then?”

She closed her eyes before slowly facing him with an unreadable smile on her face, “ I- love doing this! I’ll do my best not to bother you! Taeyong-sshi i really appreciate your concern for me.”

His eyes narrowed at her smiling face, “How can you smile like that?” while gazing at her smile his eyes met hers, “you smile at everybody you meet - it doesn’t matter whether they’re a student here or just some passerby.

Do you really like doing it?

And seeing you like that even when you make a mistake, it makes me think you’re not concentrating on what you should be doing.”

Sighing, Soo Jin proceeded to stand and wipe of the dust on her skirt before sending him another smile, “but it makes me happy whenever people smile back.

And, even though it doesn’t seem like it, I do think about those things too...

It would make me very happy if you smiled at me”

With a furrowed brow he looked back at the girl with an unreadable expression, “I don’t feel that it’s necessary for me to do so.

But if you order me to,

I will.”

Her brows twitched for a second before another smile graced her face as she pat his shoulder, “it’s kinda weird to see you so serious like that!”

“What’s so weird about it?” he asked with an unchanging face.

‘While the way he talks seems strict. I don’t think he’s that cool-headed. He’s genuinely worried about me..'