-2-

My Apprentice Knight

 

“Hey Taeyong hyung is everything going nicely with Soo Jin?”

“Ah, it’s you Lucas. Not really. I just don’t see the point of serving her, other than for my training.”

“As a knight you shouldn’t be saying that hyung! Besides, she's a nice girl! Compared to the bald old guy i have to tend to, yours is much better! Sigh. that’s three months that I’ll never get back."

“Then what made you protect a person like that?”

Lucas looked over to Taeyong with a sigh, “hyung.. You’re the only one who thinks about that. We, as knights, are not just ordinary bodyguards. You can’t forget that there are things we must protect.”

After patting him on the shoulder he left with a salute, “good luck hyung”

 

Taeyong was left in his own world.

Typing away at his laptop.

Researching.

“That Soo Jin..being about to say things like that so easily..”

With ease he was able to pull up her records.

“I don’t get it."

Her birth place, parents, and entire background were in front of him within seconds.

He was reading the information when his brows furrowed the deeper he read in to her background, "She lost her parents in an accident which in turn gave her a minor ailment and she has no known relatives..”

He stared at her school photo with a pensive look, “it’s not that you actually like what you-re doing.. It’s more like you don’t have any place to go once you quit..”

His brows furrowed as he stared at her smiling photo, “no relatives, left to fend for yourself and yet she’s still able to smile like that..how?”



It’s another sunny day with Soo Jin sweeping the front of the school grounds with Taeyong not too far behind her.

With her usual smiling face she greeted everyone that passed by and vice versa.

“Good Morning!”

“Morning”

 

And everyday Taeyong would stand behind her observing everyone that passed by as she swept the front.

As if on cue, an average man, in his late twenties, early thirties, always walked by and greeted Soo Jin with a bright smile, as if she was the reason to start his day.

“Soo Jin, good morning!”

“Good Morning Mister Moon, have a nice day”

After the man left Soo Jin turned to Taeyong, “I almost forgot! Tomorrow’s my day off and I want to do some shopping so you don’t need to-”

Before she could finish Taeyong gave her another stoic expression before interrupting, “I don’t mind. I will follow you wherever you go.”

“Uh..you’re going too? And you’re going to wear that?”

She pointed to his knights uniform to which he nodded firmly, “of course”

With a raised brow she turned around and sighed, mumbling to herself, “the only ones who know what’s going on between us are the people in the dorm and our neighborhood..”

she turned back around to Taeyong only to have him raise his brow at her with a platonic look before she quipped around again, “but to ride the train or walk around the city in that uniform..ahh i’m just a normal person!”