Thanks to Driving License

Growing Petals
Please log in to read the full chapter

Shuhua is playing a game on her phone distractedly. She’s heard the ‘caught red handed doing the deed’ incident in Miyeon’s apartment from Minnie. She was awaken this morning by a call of news instead of her alarm and that successfully put her mood down for the rest of the day.

The Taiwanese girl is tapping away furiously on her phone’s screen out of spite. Look, here she is at home being a nerd just playing a mobile game, meanwhile Miyeon is out there going on dates and doing whatever she pleases with her new girlfriend.

Ugh damn, even having that thought in her mind leaves a bitter taste to her heart. She scowls at the reflection of her pale unwashed face on the dead black screen.

The concept of soulmates and hanahaki are sure confusing.

She gets that Miyeon suffered the disease because she didn’t know she’s the supposed Miyeon’s soulmate, thus leading to her throwing the older girl inside the surgery room.

And now that the surgery’s done, she belatedly knows she herself was the cause of Miyeon’s suffering.

Which she still can’t decide whether it is a good or a bad thing. Through the surgery, Soojin came to her and talked the truth. But at the same time, it made Miyeon’s memory of her unrequited love erased.

Even with the memory of Miyeon loving her vanished, she is where she’s at moment, completely healthy, safe and sound.

That confused her the most. She initially thought this would be her turn suffering the disease, added with the news that Miyeon is exclusively dating someone from her school year, but that was proved wrong.

So, are they really soulmates, or has the universe ed itself up?

 

**

 

Miyeon was sitting uneasily on her couch, directly in front of a silent Minnie. Which was scary. An eerily silent Minnie was always terrifying.

The Thai girl looked at her unblinkingly like a hawk, hands crossed over her torso. That screamed judgement. Minnie was openly judging her.

“Look-“ Miyeon didn’t get to complete her sentence.

“Listen, Cho Miyeon. When I teased you about getting laid, you knew I didn’t mean it, like at all. But look, what did you do last night?” Minnie’s eyes turned into stilts.

Miyeon drove Elkie home after Minnie woke them up (by shaking Miyeon to consciousness rather harshly which resulted in waking up Elkie too, the girl cutely whined about an earthquake first thing in the morning) once she’d recovered from her shock looking at them sleeping together on Miyeon’s bed.

But really, the two of them didn’t do anything indecent and they were fully clothed too, so Miyeon couldn’t understand the shock Minnie got.

Miyeon sighed, “Did you look at us at all? We were decent when you barged into my room.”

“You also need to learn to lock your doors, dummy. You’re always lucky every time you forget something, but life won’t always be peachy.” Minnie huffed, crossing her right leg over her left.

Miyeon hummed in defeat.

Minnie looked around the apartment, probably trying to spot a messy stuff so she could nag Miyeon more about cleaning.

“How long has it been since you last talked to Shuhua?” Miyeon tried to count the days in her mind— or has it been weeks now, she could only blink.

Minnie sighed and looked at her with another seriousness oozing out of her. “Look, you gotta listen to me Miyeon. I think you really need to open your eyes and take a closer look at those around you.”

“What do you mean?”

“Did you even know Soojin broke up with Shuhua?” Miyeon blinked back in surprise.

“When did-“

“The day after your surgery” Minnie quickly interrupted her question. Miyeon was baffled then.

Was this why Shuhua had been stubbornly pestering her after her surgery? The younger girl had freed herself out of the relationship, but then why hadn’t she told Miyeon so? And why would they suddenly break up when they’ve been so happy together?

Still, Shuhua had no right in abusing Miyeon’s personal space like that.

Please log in to read the full chapter