Having Feelings

Growing Petals
Please log in to read the full chapter

Miyeon abruptly sits up from her sleep, her forehead is damp with sweat.

She was having another weird dream, again for the nth time this week. And it’s happening way too often to be called a nightmare.

The dream was of her and Shuhua at the girl’s home, if she remembers correctly. They were arguing about something Miyeon couldn’t exactly put a finger on.

But the twist and twinge of pain in her lungs was another thing. It was too scary. And bloody.

Have they ever argued to the point she felt hurt that much?

She badly needs to find out about it.

But she needs to sleep peacefully more, she sighs.

 

**

 

Miyeon has been doing the ‘being invisible’ thing with her again and it makes Shuhua restless. It hasn’t been that long since she barges in Miyeon’s apartment and yet here they are getting in the same scenario again.

The girl sure knows how to be invisible if she wants to be. Shuhua hasn’t seen Miyeon in school for several days and her calls have gone straight to voicemail. There hasn’t been a single reply to her texts too.

This girl is trying so hard in ignoring her. Ugh, great.

What other odd would it be? They literally have the same circle of friends. The only other friend Miyeon has would be of Jinsoul’s and they don’t even hang out that much.

Oh, right. She almost misses out. There’s also this pretty and hot girl from Hong Kong in Seungyeon’s peer Miyeon is going out with these days. What was her name?

“Open the door now” Shuhua speaks curtly on her phone. She soon hears a thud and the call is cut off. Shuhua squints at Miyeon’s door as she pockets her phone. Was it Eric? Elris? El-something?

The door is swung open and Shuhua finally feels at ease at the sight of Miyeon in her nightwear. The girl looks at her in caution. Shuhua purses her lips, so Miyeon really is avoiding her.

“Have you had dinner?” Shuhua invites herself inside the apartment, speed-walking to the kitchen. Knowing how much of a house slug Miyeon is and looking at how spotless the kitchen is, she surely hasn’t.

“No, I don’t have the appetite to” Miyeon closes the door and walks to sit on the couch in front of the TV.

“What do you say to spaghetti?” The tall girl opens a drawer to another in search of instant spaghetti.

“I don’t feel like eating, really.” Miyeon is focused on surfing through the channels on TV. Shuhua finally finds a box of instant spaghetti and quickly rips it open to cook dinner.

The air is thick with such heaviness Shuhua doesn’t remember to ever have with Miyeon. She is afraid honestly. A lot of things has changed after Miyeon’s surgery and Shuhua is scared of the new Miyeon the most. She tries to brush it aside and focuses on making dinner instead.

 

**

 

They’re now seated in front of the loud TV with Shuhua slurping her dinner and Miyeon twirling hers. She looks lost in thoughts.

“What’s on your min

Please log in to read the full chapter