Who's The Worst Friend

Growing Petals
Please log in to read the full chapter

The flower petals and thorns were hurting her insides too much. Miyeon was coughing them out of herself when the bathroom door banged violently to the wall.

Miyeon was breathing heavily, her limp body leaning on the bathroom’s wall, chest heaving up and down, and gosh the blood on Miyeon’s shirt and around was a sight Shuhua never knew would hurt her this much. The roses in the toilet looked just as red as the girl’s blood.

“Tell me, who is it?” Shuhua squatted down in front of Miyeon.

The younger girl doesn’t look that much better with her suppressed tears of confusion and anger trying her best to coax Miyeon in telling her the truth.

Miyeon kept mum, her vision was blurry while she’s trying hard to steady her breath.

Shuhua sobbed, “Either you tell me who it is or you’re getting the surgery”

Miyeon closed her eyes and silence was Shuhua’s answer.

“Alright, you’re coming with me to the hospital now unless you tell me who that stupid bastard is” Shuhua then hoisted Miyeon’s body on her back, wrapping MIyeon’s limp arms around her neck and placed her hands under the girl’s thighs. Shuhua was thankful Miyeon couldn’t fight her like she always would in this state.

Miyeon had given up then, letting out a tired sigh as she rested her head on Shuhua’s nape. If Shuhua wanted her to get the surgery then so be it.

 

**

 

It’s been weeks after Miyeon took the surgery under Shuhua’s pressure. Which means, it’s been weeks since Miyeon last felt feelings in her. Sure she gets back to her pristine health, but there’s always something she feels out of way.

Her friends and cousin have been fretting about her health and wellbeing in general. It feels nice really, to have people look after her, but by the end of the day she always feels empty.

She doesn’t know how hanahaki works in details (she hates the curse damn god why would she do research to get to know it), she only knows that someone who suffered the disease and took the surgery was bound to forget about their unrequited love. She doesn’t know it apparently includes feeling empty all over.

Feeling empty and confused.

Out of all her friends, Shuhua has been the most mother-like in taking care of her. Alright, that’s a lie. More like Shuhua has been the one nagging her the most with her loud voice and texts and calls at ungodly hours. How the girl is younger than her is also beyond her. She hopes Soojin wouldn’t mind if she got to know that Shuhua is literally on the phone with Miyeon 24/7.

And Jinsoul, her cousin, is not helping at all. That tall lanky girl keeps setting her up on blind dates for the past weeks.  You gotta find out whether you’re turning numb in the heart or you just can’t feel love ever again, she said. What an .

Miyeon is in the middle of reviewing calculus and thinking about those two hurts her brain cells. It’s not good for her grades as she’s in the middle of exams period, she needs her brain cells to work properly.

“Stop thinking too hard Miyeon. Your brain barely survived from dying three weeks ago, it needs some rest” Minnie also has her nose buried in her notebook.

Huh, her friends are all s too.

“Shut up Minnie” Miyeon scowls, Minnie snickers.

“How was your date with Elkie?” The girl now looks up at Miyeon, notebook closed. “Heard you scored the tiny hottie too” Miyeon groans loudly.

Jung Jinsoul is the worst. Miyeon has trusted her to shut but look at what did. Miyeon looks down to her lap, closing her eyes and sighs tiredly.

“Whatever Jinsoul told you, don’t t

Please log in to read the full chapter