Something New

Growing Petals
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What the Soojin, you knew?!” Shuhua’s voice was very loud, eyebrows raised so high up to her hairline. She was in total disbelieve at the news.

“All this time you knew and you never told me about it?” She looks at Soojin with a newfound fury in her eyes. “What the is wrong with you? She’s your friend— no, she’s our friend! How could you— oh my god…”

It wasn’t about Soojin not telling Shuhua, the problem was mostly about Soojin rejoicing in Miyeon’s agony all this time. And Shuhua felt sick about it. About not knowing who her true soulmate was, that the girl she’s connected to was suffering hanahaki.

More importantly, about Soojin knowing Miyeon’s cause of hanahaki was Shuhua yet she decided being happy dating her was better than telling her the truth.

Soojin could no longer look at her in the eyes.

And Shuhua hasn’t spoken nor met her since.

 

**

 

“Ah, I really need this, thanks Miyeon!” Elkie pecks her on the lips, giving her another beautiful smile topped with cute dimples, and then flees to her class with hurried steps.

Miyeon smiles bashfully while waving at Elkie’s retreating figure. She feels proud of herself for buying a cup of latte along with her lunch so she can give it to Elkie before her afternoon class.

A snort and small laughter bring her back to where she’s seating at by the moment.

“Really Miyeon, right in front of my salad?” Literally, Jinsoul is eating her salad for lunch. Miyeon doesn’t get it though, the girl is skinny enough as she is and it should be her who needs to eat the salad.

Meanwhile, Sooyoung looks proud of Miyeon and Elkie’s show of affection. The campus’ cafeteria is not that crowded so it’s okay to receive a peck from your girlfriend by Miyeon’s standard.

Except Jinsoul looks like she’s ready to give Miyeon a full lesson about basic human manners, so she starts with wagging her index finger on Miyeon’s face.

“I told you it’s not a nice thing to do in public, more specifically not in front me while I’m enjoying my meal. PDA is a big no-no” Miyeon simply looks at her while munching on her ham sandwich.

“Hush, let her live Jinsoul. Be thankful that she got herself an on-going relationship now, with one of the hottest underclassmen at that. Really tho, how did you do her? Teach me your ways, kid” Miyeon chokes on her sandwich.

Sooyoung roars with laughter while Jinsoul hands her a cup of water with a shaking hand from laughing too hard. Miyeon quickly gulps down the water, side-eyeing the two best-gay-friends. Who’s Sooyoung trying to kid, calling her a kid when she herself is mentally a child?

Once she recovers from choking, she wipes her lips. “Yeah, let me live”

Sooyoung’s phone buzzes and Miyeon’s thankful that she’s focused on it instead because Jinsoul is now giving her that look.

Jinsoul looks at her like she wants to ask her something b

Please log in to read the full chapter