Destiny

Tough Business

Jiu was the CEO of a multimillion-dollar company. She worked for the bottom and made her way to the top. She stood before rooms full of men and showed them who was the true alpha in the room. She used her grit and determination to succeed. Now, she was known as one of the most eligible bachelors in the world. Girls flocked to her in hopes of becoming her mate, but she didn’t want anything to do with them. Although she was an alpha, she didn’t let her instincts get in her way. Of course, she had her fun, but she didn’t want to be weighed down by another.

 

Jiu sighed, she was stressed with work. She growled at the thought of the other alphas trying to downplay her because she was a female. She would definitely put them in her place. A voice on her door distracted her from her thoughts.

 

“You look tense.” Siyeon teased with a chucked as she wandered in. Siyeon was her secretary and best friend since as long as she could remember.

 

“These damn alpha males are driving me crazy.” Jiu sighed.

 

“Well, you have to deal with another one tonight. You have a business dinner with the CEO of Kim Enterprise tonight at 8.” Siyeon laughed as she saw Jiu scowl.

 

Jiu sighed and stood up, “Thanks, Siyeon. Make sure you get home safe.”

 

Siyeon nodded, “Text me,” She said as she skipped out of the office. Siyeon had so much energy Jiu wondered where she got it from.

 

Jiu sighed and quickly left her office to the meeting place of the business meeting. She hoped it would be successful. Upon walking in, she fixed her pants suit to look as professional as possible.

 

“Good evening, Ms. Kim!” An elderly looking man got up to shake her hand. She was left shocked to see a beta as a CEO, she was sure he would be an alpha. Maybe this would be easier then she thought.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Kim.” She bowed slightly in respect. She suddenly made eye contact with a raven-haired beauty at the table. Her senses became overwhelmed at the scent in the air. She had never smelled an omega this delicious before. It never occurred to her that an omega could make her react this way. She immediately stiffened at the pheromones being released. She tried to calm herself. She noticed the omega must have felt the same way, the shock was evident on her face.

 

“Well, this is unexpected.” Mr. Kim said with a soft tone, “This is my daughter, Yoohyeon.”

 

The two women could not avert their gazes from one another. If not for Mr. Kim, Jiu would have pounced on the omega. It was almost too much for her, she had never encountered the need for so much self-control.

“As much as I’d love to stay, it would not end well. Mr. Kim, let us meet some other time. I’m sure you know what I am referring to.” Jiu’s words were rigid and stressed as she turned around to walk out. She felt the pheromones change in the room and oh god did she want to stay and take the omega. It would be best for them not to have to go through that on their first meeting.

 

“Believe me, Yoohyeon. I do not want to leave but I would rather not do something we both regret on our first meeting. It’s inevitable that we will meet again, dear.”

 

Jiu left as soon as she stopped speaking. The night air washed over her. She felt suffocated by her instincts and the delicious smell of Yoohyeon. If it had been in any other situation, she would have definitely claimed the woman. She felt herself slump against the wall as she slowly regained her composure. Is this the feeling they describe when you find your mate? Jiu was unsure, but she knew the beautiful woman would not leave her mind.

 

The next day Jiu was walking to her office when she found Siyeon waiting for her.

 

“What happened?! Mr. Kim called to reschedule, did you blow up at him? You didn’t punch him, did you? Do I have to call a lawyer?” Siyeon was almost hysteric.

 

Jiu sighed and pulled her into her office. And closed the door.

 

“His daughter is my mate. As soon as our eyes met, I wanted to bury my teeth in her neck.” Jiu sighed and pushed had bangs back. She was beyond stressed about the situation. Siyeon was grinning ear to ear.

 

“Finally! I have to tell Sua-unnie this!” Siyeon quickly fled the office to tell her mate. Jiu had known the two of them since she was young. Her and Sua used to get in playful spats because they were both alphas. It was amazing how Siyeon and Sua were perfect for one another. Sometimes she felt herself become jealous of the two.

 

Jiu pushed the thoughts away and went to sit at her desk. She quickly got to work, looking at the documents that flooded her desk. She hadn’t even paid attention to the time when someone was knocking on her door.

 

“Come in.” Her voice boomed, slightly annoyed to get bothered while she was working. Her thoughts quickly dispersed as she caught the scent filling up the room. Her eyes dilated as she saw Yoohyeon standing there in a simple t-shirt and jeans. She looked too tempting to standing in front of her. Her cheeks were slightly red and Jiu felt the anxiety in the air.

 

“I wanted to see you again. Sorry for bothering you at work.” Yoohyeon’s voice sounded like velvet to Jiu. Oh, how bad did she want to hear that voice for the rest of her existence.

 

Jiu stood up and straightened her pants suit. She looked at the time, “Would you like to go for lunch?”

 

Yoohyeon’s face brightened up at the offer as she nodded. Jiu felt her chest swell at the sight.

 

“I’ll take you to my favorite place,” Jiu said softly as she walked over to the omega. The closer she got, the more tempting she omega got. Jiu would not be that alpha, she would be in control of herself.

 

“That sounds nice. I just want to get to know you some more. Since you know, anyone can since there is something between us.” Yoohyeon’s words were soft and slightly rushed. Jiu chuckled at the cute sight.

 

Jiu held out her hand, “Come let’s get to know one another.”

 

Yoohyeon stared at her for a second before intertwining their fingers together. An electric shock was sent in between the two of them at the contact. It was inevitable now, the two were clearly meant to be mates or even possibly soulmates.