Chapter I: They Meet Again for the First Time

Spring's Melody

Screams of agony echoed through the air. The screams were coming from the soft voice of a woman. Those screams were strangely the most serene sounds until the piercing cry of a baby drowned them out. Moments later, everything went silent and even if the silence did not last long, it was nothing to be worried about. 

The screams began again, another piercing cry drowned out the screams moments, no, seconds after they had began, once again, and the feeling of relief was surrounding everywhere around those cries.

Two beautiful baby girls (twins) were just born and those cries and screams were because of that. The mother was fair skinned with brown eyes, auburn hair and pale pink lips. She was a beautiful woman yet her eyes seemed to be troubled.

Five years ago, this woman was so desperate for money, she was willing to do anything for it. That was when she met a wealthy man that lived in Taipei. He was the owner of the biggest fashion industry of the world. The man spoke to the woman, heard her story and offered her some help. He asked her if she could serve as a surrogate mother and birth a child for him. She agreed and went with the man to his home, agreeing also to live there until she births a child for him. From then on, she went through many troubles through the five years, such as miscarriages, up until nine months ago. Anyways, now, nine months later, she never expected to give birth to twins. It gave her hope to have a child of her own and courage to secretly take the younger twin daughter and run away with her while leaving the other there. At that time, since she had just given birth, the idea wasn’t the best but the man let her off, took the twin that was left as his daughter and just forgot about that woman. In truth, he didn’t know that she had given birth to twins but rather had developed feelings of compassion towards her which brought a slight pain in his heart when he found out she ran away but he let those feelings die soon and even forgot all about her. Instead, he focused on his daughter making sure that the only truth she knew to be true was that she was his actual daughter and her mother had passed away during birth, even if that truth was a lie.

Twenty years later, the girl that was left behind is now a rich and beautiful young lady. Her name is Liang Mah Yi and she is a famous model in her father’s company and is planning to take over the company and become her father’s successor when her father passes away. 

On the other hand, the other twin lives by herself out of town, supporting herself by designing clothes for a small company run by a twenty-two year old guy that was friends with Mah Yi since childhood and currently had a serious crush on her. Anyways, Mah Yi’s twin was the fashion designer in that company and was known by the name of Ren La Na. Her mother passed away two years ago of a heart condition. La Na and Mah Yi knew absolutely nothing about each other until the owner of the small company La Na works at brought Mah Yi over so they could have lunch there together and La Na ended up bumping right into Mah Yi and him.