Captain

Of Sailing, Romance, and Punching Monsters

idk if anyone is still reading this, but sorry about being so slow, here is a short update! The next will def be longer than this i promise


 

There was no denying that Jung Daehyun was an excellent kisser. In fact he was so good Youngjae sometimes would grab onto the man, keeping him from doing his duty as a crew member.

“Youngjae,” Daehyun groaned against Youngjae's lips, hazy eyes looking up at him. “I need to-“

Youngjae shushed the man with his lips, kissing him slowly and deeply. Their legs were tangled while the blanket covered their body from anyone who walked past (no such thing as privacy on a ship).

Hands were buried in his hair, tugging gently whenever Youngjae on the thick bottom lip.

When Daehyun let out a very deep groan, Youngjae finally took pity on his boyfriend and lifted his face.

Daehyun his red lips. “You're a devil in disguise, my prince.”

If anyone asked, Youngjae did not giggle at the stupid line.

“Shouldn't you head up to deck?” he said innocently.

“Hell, Captain is going to be so disappointed in me,” Daehyun groaned, but did not move and a twinkle could be seen in his eyes. “Since I am already late, we might as well-“

“No, I'm not gonna disappoint him either.” Something about the fatherly captain staring at him in disappointment made his heart ache.

Which reminded him-

“Hey Daehyun.”

“Yes my sweet Jaejae?” Daehyun was getting out of the hammock, grabbing his shirt.

Youngjae ignored the slight flush from the endearment. “What's the captain's name?” He felt a bit embarrased about never asking, but no one said anything other than ‘captain’ anyways.

“What do you mean?” Daehyun was buttoning his shirt, sending Youngjae a confused look. “His name is Captain.”

Oh my god, he was engaged to an idiot (and hadn't told said idiot they were technically engaged yet). “His name is not captain!”

“What? Of course it is! That is what we call him.” Daehyun was getting worked up as he pulled up his pants. “His name is Captain.”

“You're an idiot.”

“Now you are being mean, gumdrop.”

Youngjae just ignored the fake hurt from Daehyun and got out of the hammock, dressing in record speed. “I'm gonna ask him myself since you're so useless.”

He marched out and up on the deck, finding the captain by the wheel as always.

“Good morning, son!” The captain greeted, cheery as always.

“Good morning.” Youngjae hesitated for a moment, feeling embarrassed;why had he never asked for the name of his captain? “Captain, what's your name? I'm sorry I never asked.”

Luckily he did not seem offended. “My full name?”

“Yeah.”

“I guess I never told you, lad. I apologise,” the captain smiled good naturedly. “My full name is Cap'n Captain, but I prefer going by my last name as you might have noticed.”

Youngjae blanched, unable to utter a word.

“Some could say my name foretold a destiny. My parents wished for me to become a baker and open my own store, but I have always felt drawn to the sea.”

“I- um.” What the actual . “I see. I have to go now, Captain.”

“Yes, I will see you during afternoon tea.”

Youngjae had to apologise to Daehyun.

God.

He might be a supernatural creature from myths, but this ship was just all kinds of weird. He wasn't sure if it was weird for humans too, or if all humans were like this.

Oh well, he cared more about having to admit to his idiot fiance that he had been wrong.

Daehyun would probably never let this go.