A Faithful Meeting

Of Sailing, Romance, and Punching Monsters

it's fast pace, it's prob nonsensical and a mess
it's a poor attempt at humour

but   here it is and more drabbles/oneshots will follow. ive kind of fallen in love with the au

 


“A siren!”

“Hard starboard! Immediately!”

Daehyun could not understand the panicked yelling from his crew; they had, half a month ago, ran into Kraken and managed to fight it until it slinkered away in pain . Why would they turn so frightened because of a siren?

Sure, he knew the tales, knew how they were very cunning and dangerous. A year ago, he too would have been afraid. Back then he was a stick of a boy, frightened of his own shadow, but life as a crew on a ship had given him muscles, nicely tanned skin, and a confidence which matched no one.

“Captain!” He yelled out. “We have bested the Kraken, yet we run at the sight of a mere siren!”

“My lad,” the wise captain placed a firm hand on Daehyun's shoulder. “Kraken we can fight off with might, but a siren only needs to talk and we would happily let them take us to the bottom of the ocean. It is a battle of the minds, one none of us are equipped to deal with.”

Daehyun had stopped paying attention after the word ‘might’, finding the captain's beard more interesting.

“So do you understand why?”

Not having listened, Daehyun just shrugged and walked to the side of the ship, staring towards where the siren had been spotted on a rock.

He couldn't see squat.

A little roughly he stole the spyglass from the man beside him and lifted it to his eye.

A yellow fin, which seemed to sparkle in the sun, came to view first. Carefully Daehyun adjusted the spyglass and felt his mouth fall open.

Sure, he knew sirens were beautiful, but he thought they were all women. And women had never interested Daehyun.

This siren was a young, pretty man with porcelain skin, a mop of magnificant black hair which was still wet, and a body so beautiful Daehyun could feel arousal stir in the depths of his stomach.

He slammed the spyglass back into the hands of the man he had taken it from, a determined feeling ebbed in his chest.

He had reached a decision.

Slowly he turned back to the captain, who was standing a couple of meters away. “Thank you for letting me sail with you and this fine crew, captain.”

“What?”

“Bye.” Daehyun saluted for a few seconds, before he jumped into the waters and swam as fast as he could towards the rock.

“Boy, what are you doing!”

He heard the captain scream, but nothing could change Daehyun’s mind so he kept swimming.

It felt like forever, his joints and muscles aching by the time he finally reached the rock and hauled himself onto it.

A loud shriek pierced his ears.

“What the hell?” The siren, now dry thanks to the sun and having a pair of legs instead, sat up horrified.

Daehyun sat on his knees and planted his face on the heated surface. “I am yours.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

Looking up, Daehyun felt his insides melting as he got to inspect the siren's face; full lips, a cute button nose, and adorable doe shaped eyes.

He grasped onto the siren’s hands. “Letting myself get drowned by these small hands-“

“Hey, yours aren't much bigger!”

“-would be an absolute honour.”

The previous angry expression dissolved. “Wait. Drown? I'm not planning on drowning anyone.” And now he sounded mad again. “I was trying to relax and catch some sun- Hey is that your ship coming towards us? You should go back.”

Daehyun glanced over his shoulder and indeed the ship was getting closer. He felt touched, really. It meant they cared enough about him to try to get him back. But his heart was settled.

“I don't wish to be parted from you,” Daehyun said, his voice a low timbre. “My heart would not be able to take it.”

“Oh my god? We met two minutes ago?” The siren tried to scoot away, but it made no difference.

“Pull me to the ocean floor and feast upon my body.”

“I am not gonna eat you!”

“Hey, you vile evil creature.” It was the captain's voice. “Return the boy to us!”

“Don't insult him like this,” Daehyun yelled back. “He is the love of my life.”

“Daehyun, you're under his thrall. You need to fight!”

“He isn't under any thrall!” The siren yelled. “Take him back, I don't want him!”

“You lie, demon! Release him!”

“He's the one who won't leave me alone!”

Daehyun wrapped his arms around the smooth skin and hugged the beautiful siren close.

“He's completely under the siren's spell,” the captain whispered. The ship truly was close. “We lost, boys.” He sounded as if he was on the verge of crying. “Bye, Daehyun, I thought of you as my son.”

A tear trickled from Daehyun’s eye, and he waved at the ship as it disappeared into the horizon.

He would miss the captain.

“Are you ing serious?” The siren screeched; even such a sound was lovely to Daehyun's ears. “What am I supposed to do with you?”

“Whatever you want. I am yours.”

“All I wanted was some peace and quiet, you annoying idiot!”

“I'll be quiet.”

There was a low grumble from the other man, and Daehyun was sure he would continue with his sweet insults, yet the next words confused him.

“Holy , what is that?”

The alarm in the voice alerted Daehyun and he finally looked up from the siren's sweet smelling neck, only to see several purple tentacles sticking up from the water.

The Kraken. It had returned for revenge. Daehyun guessed he would have to punch it in the face again.

Carefully he got up and brought his hands in a fighting position. “I will kick its , don't worry.”

“With your bare fists? How stupid are you? This thing is enormous!”

And so, without further ado, Daehyun felt himself get pulled by the back of his shirt and was staring right up into the sky as they swam away at a high speed.

And it worked, for a while, but it seemed the siren underestimated the Kraken's speed, as suddenly two tentacles had grabbed both of them and held them high into the air.

While the siren was screaming in fear, a sound which was quite heartbreaking, Daehyun was relatively calm. It wasn't like this was the first time he found himself in this position.

But, what he had not expected was for the Kraken to go for the siren first.

He watched as his beloved got pulled under water and it could only mean one thing; it was going to eat him.

With rage, Daehyun wrestled out of the grip and into the water, quickly locating Kraken's weakness: the eyes.

They were as big as houses, which meant they were easy targets. With his god given strength he punched it right in the pupil, and watched in satisfication as the Kraken released the siren and swam away with its pride hurt.

It was the siren who pulled him back to the surface and went back to swimming in high speed, until Daehyun suddenly found himself pulled under water for a few seconds.

When he resurfaced he was in a cave which had a hole in the top, the sun shining down on them.

“Did you just ing punch that giant squid?”

“The Kraken,” Daehyun quickly rectified. “And yes. It's the way of the crew life.”

“... That's strangely hot,” the siren was seated, his brilliant yellow fin drying on the stone. “Come here,” he patted the place next to him. Daehyun abided.

“I guess, since you rescued me-“ he bit his bottom lip, a redness creeping on the round cheeks. With a sense of gentleness Daehyun had never seen from him before, the siren leaned forward and planted a kiss on Daehyun's cheek.

For a moment Daehyun thought he had passed out, his head turning light and heart stopping.

He could happily die now.

“My name is Youngjae.”

Youngjae. Ah, such a sweet sounding name. Youngjae. Jaejae.

“I'm Daehyun.” He smiled brightly, not noticing the reddening effect it had on Youngjae, and patted what he expected was a scaly fin, but instead it was a soft thigh. Oh, the legs were back. Daehyun peered down at the thighs. “Say, Jaejae-“

“Jaejae? Who said you could-“

“Are all male sirens this small?”

“Small? What are you-“ Youngjae followed Daehyun's line of vision.”You!” He got up, but not before slapping Daehyun. “You .”

The sound of the water surface being broken echoed through the cave and Daehyun sighed, lying down on his back. It was a genuine question. In fact, Daehyun wanted to compliment Youngjae, tell him how adorable all of him was.

Daehyun hoped he came back soon.

And he did, although he seemed a little sulky as he sat meters away from Daehyun, his fin slapping the ground rhythmically.

“I've decided that you'll be of use to me.”

Daehyun grinned widely. “I'll do anything.”

Youngjae ignored his over-the-top enthusiastic response. “I'm planning on living on land, so you can be my bodyguard.”

This time Daehyun's eyes nearly went heart shaped. “I'll protect you, body and soul.”

“Great. We'll leave tomorrow.”

And he was gone again.

Daehyun could only smile now, settling down on his back again and staring up at the blue sky.

He would happily dedicate his life to the beautiful siren.