First

Apples and Arrows

Senior students were given a free week to rest before their final term and today is their first day. Chan, Woojin, and Minho decided to go to Myeongdong and have a good time. Among the three, Woojin is the most excited since he planned to shop for new styles of clothes and he knew how the other two could be a big help. Changbin and Jisung on the other hand had gone to the studio to wrap up their new song and complete the track list for their artist guild project. Hyunjin, Felix, Seungmin, and Jeongin however, were supposed to play video games in the dorm the whole day but Jeongin and Seungmin disappeared out of nowhere when the clock striked twelve. Hyunjin and Felix who were left alone together thought maybe they got hungry and snuck out to buy food.

Felix slumped down on the sofa with a pang of regret hitting him. If he knew it would be this uneventful and boring then he would probably tag along the hyung line and enjoy the street food in Myeongdong. Given the fact that he was left alone with Hyunjin, the only dorm mate he had never hang out with, he knew his day would be bland sohe told himself to go out tomorrow and enjoy the short break even when it’s all by himself.

It has been a year when Felix moved into his present dorm. He was afraid to be out of place especially when seven of them had been staying there for quite a while already. Luckily, a boy named Minho arrived two days after him, making him feel a wee bit relaxed. It was not too long when all of them bonded all too well. They’ve become friends who quarrels and bickers a lot of times but enjoys each other’s company as well. But, there is one particular boy who Felix has never gotten the chance to bond with. It was Hyunjin. They talk but never as how friends would. Others can say that they are just plain ordinary dorm mates. For Felix, his presence is a little bit too intimidating. He wonders if it was because they attend the same dance class and he knew the boy was beyond average or just because he never tried to at least break the ice between them. Felix never dared too.

Felix sighed lazily and pushed himself to reach for the remote control when he felt the couch wriggle as Hyunjin sat beside him and reached for the remote as well. Their hands were now both holding the remote control and their eyes suddenly met. If it was the normal Hyunjin around the boys, he would probably let go and let Felix take the remote but today is a different day and it’s only the two of them around.

“Hey, I got it first.” Felix tilted his head and slightly pulled the remote.

“Nope, I did.” Hyunjid did the same with a playful smirk forming on the side of his lips. Felix wasn’t informed how Hyunjin has this side of him – kind of playful, kind of mischievous, and he felt a twinge of uneasiness building up in his chest.

“I sat here first.” Felix patted the couch with his free hand and his eyes are starting to waver.

“But I got this first.” Hyunjin’s brow buoyantly arched up, still teasing Felix.

Felix pulled the remote but Hyunjin was too strong.

“Hey! I got it first!” Felix whined and frowned cutely, still pulling the remote as if his life depends on it.

“No, you did not!” Hyunjin pulled it a little too strong making Felix hold the remote with his both hands.

“I did! You just came here.” Felix pulled again, determined not to lose.

Hyunjin bit his lip and tighten his hold then suddenly pulled it strongly.

Felix did not expect Hyunjin’s sudden forceful pull making him lose his balance and stumble down closer to the taller boy. Their heads were almost sticking with each other and Felix blinked unconsciously. He felt a sudden burst inside his chest and panicked when he saw how Hyunjin slowly his lips. Hyunjin lowered himself more making the distance between them closer. Felix’s eyes widened, quickly stiffening up as he swallowed the lump on his throat so hard that made Hyunjin laugh. Felix abruptly pulled away and tries to compose himself. What was that? Felix thought.

“Never thought you’d be that cute.” Hyunjin looked at him, still laughing at the sight while Felix still tries hard to breathe normally. He could feel his cheeks heating up and he plans to run away and hide forever when they heard footsteps approaching the entrance.

Luckily, the door swung open and spurts out Jeongin and Seungmin with bags of food in their hands saving Felix from a handful embarrassment.

“Hyung! Are you sick?’’ Jeongin worriedly looked at Felix who was frozen as ice on the couch. “Why are your ears so red?”

“M-me? No- I- uhm- It’s just hot.” He avoided Jeongin’s gaze and pretends to fan himself with his hands. He heard Hyunjin chuckle making his cheeks rise in crimson red even more.

“Are you sure you are not sick?” Jeongin asked once again as he laid his palm on Felix’s forehead. Felix shook his head.

“Did Hyunjin do something to you?’’ Seungmin eyed Hyunjin and Felix with observant eyes. Felix’s eyes widened once again as he remembers what happened earlier. “NO! WHAT? NO? WHY WOULD HE DO SOMETHING TO ME? HA-HA” Seungmin eyed him even more with skeptical eyes knowing that Felix was lying.

“Okay okay. You don’t need to shout.” Seungmin chuckled and put out the food from the plastic bags. Felix glared at Hyunjin and rolled his eyes on him but the taller boy just winked at him in return, making him groan in annoyance and irritably walk back in his room.

“Thanks for the remote Felix!” Hyunjin shouted just before felix could slam the door closed.