Chapter 3

2 Moons

 

Day 1

Jimin’s pov

 

Waking up and preparing for the first activity after entering this university seemed pretty good and organized so far. What I meant, by my own. For the past few years in both middle and high schools, there were always maids and mom who prepared all things for me. And that’s how I’m slightly gaining weight within the time. There is nothing for me to move and exercise my muscles and fats.

There is no class on our first day since we have not chosen and register our preferred subjects yet for the semester. Most of the freshmen are either walking around the faculty or making new friends. Doing these and those until a few representatives called us for an emergency gathering for the Faculty of Science.

I’m not always a fond of being in such groups of students but this is the time for me to befriend with others. I’m at the edge of losing Jungkook already and I don’t want to die alone without any friends. So yes, I need friends now.

 

“We would like to apologize for calling all of students in a short time.”

Walking through a few students, I settled in my department while looking forward for the seniors. They were all having a same style of bob-haircut. And I’m having a moment of my life to identify some of these senior’s true gender.

Wow, look the one who is speaking. I should be reflecting of myself too since I’m confused of my own preference.

“We are going to choose and pick our faculty’s star and moon so we will make this quick, alright sweeties? Else we cant dismiss this meeting. We need to send our representatives so please choose your friends and tell them to get to the front now. Okay?” A senior that goes with ‘Chul hyung’ creates few noises between us as he announced the need of representatives from each department.

Oh gee.

 

It has been a tradition in Sungkyungkwan University where there will be a Star and Moon competition for the freshman. Each faculty will send their Moon and Star to be competed and you are crowned as The Moon of Campus if you won the title. Pretty much…cool. And burdensome since that will make you super famous? People might chase you…and putting high expectations. Again, absolutely not the life I’m wishing for.

 

“Aww, look who is here!” Clapping his hands, Chul hyung’s eyes fixed on the figures as he beckons them closer despite they are already going to leave since there is no space for them to play their game. “No no no! Come back here. I saw you coming, Doctor Jungkook.”

“Its okay, I’m sorry we didn’t know you guys have meeting-“

“Shh, just come here.”

 

I bet everyone loves him. Noises coming from the crowd eventually fading out, girls begin to whisper to their friends and squealing. Great. Now all freshmen from my faculty have seen and adore this awesome man. More competitors.

“This is Doctor Jungkook, our Moon of Campus last year.” The bob-hair chirps. “He will take care of the moons and stars for this year.”

Female students starting to squeal even louder.

“Say something to our freshmen, Doctor Jungkook.” I swear I saw Chul hyung holding Kook’s arm few times, persuading him to at least giving few advices as a senior. His fingers roaming around Jungkook’s sleeveless arm for a while.

“Just…” his voice echoes, eyes roaming and wander on us. “Study hard.” Jungkook finishes his sentence after seconds of pause from his first word. He only nods before excusing himself from the place while the girls scream out, going nut and losing their for Jungkook. I guessed no one can resist this man.

 

 

 

No one’s pov

 

“You were chosen as the Moon for your faculty? Holy grain.” The owner of the voice laughs while congratulate his best friend on the line after a while; brain processing the fact that his best friend who is rather choosing sleeping all day long and reading Detective Conan manga than hanging out was chosen as the Moon.

Taehyung laughs but somehow wanting to know further on how Jimin was selected out of other candidates. He raises his brows as he speaks.

“These guys…they just pointed me out and asked me to represent them since the seniors are calling for the representative-“ Jimin breathes out as he recalled back today’s scenes. “Because you have such a fair skin and cute?”

“I rather to be called handsome, .”

Jimin’s reply made Taehyung guffawed, shrugging his shoulders off and continues to wait for Jimin to begin after he disrupted the boy. He hums.

“So, they asked us this one question before they choose who is going to be the representative.”

“A question?”

“Hmm.”

“And what is it?”

Instead of answering Taehyung immediately, the boy only smiles while he turns to his left side and staring on the pictures he had on top of the desk. Candid pictures of the man he’s looking for since few years ago.

“Chim?”

“They asked what is love and it means to me.” He chuckles lowly. That question is somehow cliché and foreseeable, a question that anyone could answer and leave them cringing at how childish or dreamy they are  while answering yet Jimin curved his lips, flashing the senior his smile as he answered them.

“That’s it?”

Jimin hums and nods as his reply to Taehyung’s dissatisfaction regard the question given. “I didn’t think my answer is good enough for them to choose me but…yeah.” A soft smile forms on his lips. He couldn’t be more than happy and confused as what he’s going to get through within the competition.

 

“Then..i guess that’s good?” says Taehyung.

“I mean, the last Moon Campus is going to take care of this year’s Moons and Stars as well monitoring the practices.” His tone could be heard as if he is grinning wide now. Only God knows what he is thinking on that time. 

“Just think about it, Chim. Jungkook is going to be there while you are practising and such. You two will be able to meet frequently now! God Damn, this is getting interesting, don’t you think Chim? I couldn’t wait to see and watch you two later on!”

 

-------

Day 2

 

Taehyung’s pov

It’s only 6.30 in the morning yet I’m already dressed up in uniform, preparing myself here and there and went to Jimin’s residence to pick him up since he doesn’t own car yet. Our places are not that far as it took me only ten minutes of driving to arrive. I search for empty space to park my car and went ahead to his room.

 

I bet he doesn’t even waking up yet since he didn’t answer my calls fifteen minutes ago. He is a sleepyhead and I doubt he knew what to do on his first day as the moon of his faculty.

Knocking on his door, I wait up for a minute (more or less) for him to get up and answer me. “Chim, open the door.”

Silence.

“Chim.” Knocking harder for few more times, I wait for him to answer me in next three minutes of trying waking him up and waiting him to open the door for me.

As expected, this boy is still in his loose grey shirt and short pants.

“Aye, what are you doing here, Tae?”

 

 

 

 

 

so here we goes for the third chapter! for next one I will make sure to write and update a six pages worth of chapters /laughs/ as for now, I hope you have fun and enjoy the story! Thank you for reading and subscribing and commenting! I purple you, cuties.

 

xoxo