Chapter 1

2 Moons

Chapter 1

 

Nine years ago

Tuesday.

It was pretty sunny yet the breeze soothed the warmth, another good day for Jungkook to play his basketball; as usual. Classes were not his top priority as he found himself being immersed and able to concentrate even more in his game. He did better in sports compare to academic. Well, sometimes. He used to be in that top five in his class few months ago just to show and prove he could do both in a same time to his parent.

Jesus, to think back he was pretty awesome. He could beat Jin and J-hope in most of their papers.

Most of students were already going back home by the time Jungkook walking back to his class with few dirt stains on his face, his favourite basketball in his right arm and a black bottle of water in the other one. Walking in his light steps, he approached the stairs silently.

 

“Don’t be afraid-“

“Come here.”

A boy in his uniform carefully picked a kitten up into his small arms, fingers lightly caressing the fur while he squatting down on the stairs. His face was too pretty and soft, making Jungkook doubting and debating in his mind for a mere minute. Little did he knew, his eyes already glued and stuck on the lad’s actions, silently observing and watching him with a soft smile curved on his lips.

Jungkook could not help but staring.

“I can’t take you home..my dog would bite you.” Sighing, the boy pursed his lips few times as he put down the kitten. He fizzled out few more time, seconds before he turned to Jungkook’s direction when the taller one quickly stepped backward, hiding behind the wall.

Jesus.

 

Silence filled in for a moment.

“He…didn’t see me…right?”

 

“Come here.. I will take you back home.” Once again, the boy took the kitten into his embrace, picking up his bag and quickly stepping down the stairs as someone probably already waiting for him in the entrance gate to pick him up from the school.

 

Present- 2018

Jimin’s pov

 

. I swear my heart skipping like hell whenever I’m thinking of this moment. I have been back and forth from the site since hours ago, just finally to have this courage after Tae called me to meet at our usual café. Taehyung is sipping on his tea when my right hand clicking on the ‘check’ button on the screen, one hand barely covering my eyes. Taking a small peak on the screen, the world seems to stop from spinning along with a huge grin creeping on my face.

Congratulation! You are accepted into the Department of Biology, Science.

 

“, Tae! Look!” an arm flings over his neck, hooking and pulling him the closest I can to the screen. These feelings of joys and excitement fill me in, the thought of able to further my study in a same university as my best friend leaves me in awe. “Although we are not in the same major but we are in the same university.” I proceed more, suffocating this man in my tight arm before he struggled and freed himself from my hold.

“I know that. Why are you so excited?” he grins. “I don’t think it’s because we are in same university. It’s all about him!”

Taehyung keeps on wearing his grinning face, a hand rubbing the back of his neck. “How long haven’t you guys met each other?”

Purses lips.

“More than a year.”

“You are going to meet him soon..” I swear Taehyung keeps on smiling while watching me, his teeth flashing along with his grinning face.” Are you happy?”

Damn this boy-

“Aye, are you happy?”

Humming as my brief reply to him, my eyes keep staring on the screen before moving them to Taehyung’s face which apparently, watching me in his low laugh. My own lips form a low laugh. And… I need to admit that his face is much better when he smiles.

“hmm.”

“Aye, tell me..are you happy?” this time, his closest arm nudges mine few times, trying his best to get an answer that able to make him satisfied enough. I rolled my eyes.

“Yes yes! I’m damn happy. Enough to make me fly now.”

“Good.”

Jesus. Taehyung will never leave me alone without getting me away from his questions. He is that one friend who will be always get on your nerves by asking questions you would rather not to answer..or leaving you alone from dying in flushing face whenever your crush is there or even, stop from shipping you and your ideal one.

Taehyung is that one friend who I wished and wishing for despite his silliness.

“How long have you been liking him?”

His question slowly lingers in my brain as I processed to give him an answer…even though I couldn’t tell specifically when I started to put all my trust and attention on Jungkook. It just…happened on this unknown day and the next thing I knew was watching him silently from far and hoping he would at least..noticing me.

“Hmm let see..” Tae sips on his drink with his low hum. “It’s long enough that I have twelve girlfriends and back being single now.” He nods. “Sometimes, I think you were not able to love anyone else but him. Even he never had seen you.”

That’s true.

“Look-“

My mind was blank for a while since I kept myself occupied by staring his tea, forcing a soft smile when Tae pulling me closer to him. Rubbing the side of my arm, he gives his warmest smile, fingers lightly pinch my cheek. He absolutely is aware of my facial expression for the last minutes as he’s trying to cheer me up.

 

“Don’t worry. He might be blind before but leave this to me. I will make sure to help you.”

 

…………………………

So…the day came and finally, I’m on my way to my new place, my new environment. Everything has been set and completed with the help of our workers since Dad still didn’t allow me to do things on my own. Speaking of that middle-aged man…I wonder how would he feels when he realized my mission, my real mission by going to this university, heh.

 

Sitting on the back seat, my eyes begin to wander over the views from the outside of the windows, noticing these and those around the campus. There are few students who seem to enjoy their summer by playing basketball with few females watching them. Wait, are they even…female? this. It is hot enough to walk during this time yet there’s a bunch of tall men playing their sport with girls fangirling over them.

 

“I will bring this to my room by myself. Don’t worry, Kim Ahjusshi.” As I bow to them, I try my best to convince him that it is okay; it just a box containing my favourite figurines and a few more One Piece books. It really is not that heavy and I can bring this back to room on my own. I’m a man and able to carry my own things tho I have been spoiled a lot by them. A lot.

“Then…we are going first, Young Master.” His warm, fatherly smile greets me as his goodbye bid.  the other few workers did the same. “Thank you.” Showing them my gratitude, I make my light bow as well before they slowly parting away. As I decided to stand there for a few more minutes just to watch them disappearing from my view, a man in his black sport attire slowly approaching with a basketball is in his right arm and an empty bottle is in his other one. His figure...

 

Oh .

 

 

 

Note: Thank you for reading this story, sweety! I purple you <3