Chapter 4 - ???

Coffee Spill

Their texting went back and forth and they spoke about random things. Youngjae is actually surprised at how easy it is to talk to Jaebum. And that’s because he sometimes has a difficult time speaking to others. 

Youngjae would wake up to a funny video that Jaebum had sent. Then he’d send a funny video himself. 

It’s Friday and he has gym class today. After meeting Jaebum, the class he hated the most became one that he started to look forward to. He walked fast to the locker rooms and was greeted by Jaebum who was already changed and walking out. 

“Youngjae,” Jaebum smiled at him, “I’ll see you out there.” He patted the younger boy on the shoulder and took off to the field.

Youngjae looked on at the older boy’s retreating figure then quickly went to get changed. 

Jaebum sat on the bleachers with Jackson when he arrived. There were girls who sat around the two and since he didn’t really know them, he stood awkwardly to the side. When everyone showed up the coach took roll call. Afterwards, he gave the class free time and the boys went to play soccer. 

Youngjae watched on as Jaebum and Jackson played, he inwardly cheered when Jaebum scored. 

“What do you think about Jaebum?” 

Youngjae’s ears perked up when he heard the older boy’s name. He slightly turned his head and saw Nayeon with Jihyo looking at Jaebum.

“He’s been here a while, right?” Nayeon asked. 

Jihyo nodded, “Why? Are you planning on asking him out?” 

Nayeon continued to look at Jaebum then turned to her friend, “I think I am.” Jihyo laughed which made Nayeon blush, but she said nothing more. 

Youngjae quickly looked away when Nayeon caught his eyes. But it was too late and Nayeon made her way over to him. He froze when she sat next to him.

“Hey Youngjae,” she smiled at him. He turned to look at her and smiled back.

“You know Jaebum, right?” Nayeon asked, “I’ve seen you guys around together.”

“Yeah, we hangout a bit.” Youngjae answered. 

“Do you know if he has a girlfriend?” she asked.

Youngjae cocked his head to the side, “I don’t think so.”

“Do you know what kind of girl he’s into?”  

“I don’t know, we don’t talk about those kinds of things.” he answered again.

Nayeon puffed her cheeks out in concentration, “Do you think you can introduce us after class?” 

He looked at her, half wanting to say no, but he’s not sure why he thought that. Nayeon is a nice girl and easy to get along with. Any guy would be lucky to date her. Without any other thoughts of objection, he nodded yes. 

She smiled and went back to Jihyo. Youngjae looked back at the game, but wasn’t really into it.

 

Youngjae sat on the bench in the locker room. He was waiting for Jaebum and Jackson who were taking a shower. He sat there, biting his nails in nervousness. One after another, the boys left and he noticed Jackson come back then Jaebum. 

He looked away as they got changed. “So, what do you guys want to do? Want to go to the movies and see what they’re showing?” Jackson asked. 

“Yeah that sounds good,” Jaebum replied. Youngjae only nodded his head. 

They finished getting dressed and the trio made their way out. Youngjae spotted Nayeon leaning against the wall. When she saw them; she smiled and walked over.

“Hi Youngjae,” she greeted him. He smiled at her. She gestured for him to introduce Jaebum.

“Jaebum, this is Nayeon.” he said. Nayeon stepped closer to the older boy and gave a shy smile. 

Jaebum nodded his head in response.

“Hello, what about me?” Jackson said, feeling left out.

“We already know each other, Jackson,” Nayeon replied, not looking at him though.

Jackson huffed, but said nothing else. 

Youngjae looked at Nayeon who gestured again to him, but this time to leave the two of them alone. 

“Uh, it looks like she has something to say to Jaebum. Let’s go, Jackson.” He grabbed the Hong Kong native by the arm and dragged him away, he didn’t look at Jaebum.

 

Youngjae lays awake on his bed. He’s up too early on a Saturday morning, but he didn’t have a good sleep last night. He tossed and turned while he thought about Jaebum and Nayeon. 

How did it go? Did he say yes to her asking him out? 
Jaebum didn’t message him, but he didn’t message the older boy either. With a long sigh, he got out of bed and headed to the kitchen. His mother sat at the table while his father stood by the stove. 

“Good morning dear, you’re up early.” his mother greeted. 

“Good morning, Youngjae.” his father greeted him too as he turned the eggs. He greeted his parents and took a seat. 

“Why are you up so early?” his mother asked since he always slept in on the weekends.

“I couldn’t sleep very well.” he replied.

“Are you not feeling well?” 

“I’m fine, just a lot on my mind.” 

“Well okay, take it easy.” 

He smiled at his mom and with the food ready, they ate breakfast.

 

“So, you’re saying Nayeon asked Jaebum about yesterday and you didn’t really like that?” Yugyeom asked. Youngjae was at the younger boy’s house along with Mark.

“Yeah, but I don’t know why?” Youngjae said after telling them what happened during P.E. yesterday.

“Do you like Nayeon?” Yugyeom asked.

“No, I’ve never felt that way about her.” he replied. 

“Hmm…” was all Yugyeom said.

“Do you like Jaebum?” Mark, who had kept silent throughout the whole conversation, said.

Youngjae stared at him wide eyed. “What? No, that’s impossible.”  

“How is that impossible?” Mark asked.

“We’re just friends,” Youngjae replied, “it’d be weird if I liked him.”

“And why would that be weird?” Yugyeom asked this time.

“Because…” he trailed off. 

“I think you like him,” Yugyeom said. “You wouldn’t be this worried about the whole thing if you didn’t.”

“Yeah, he’s right,” Mark added. Youngjae looked between his friends. They didn’t make any sense, but him worried about Jaebum and Nayeon didn’t make any sense either.

 

 

A/N: Hey everyone! It's been a long time hasn't it? I didn't drop this, I just had a lot going on and I never got around to updating this until now. Despite all the crazy things happening right now all over, I hope the new year is going well for you guys so far. I'll try to have another chapter up soon since I don't want to go MIA again and I really want to finish this too. So, I hope you've enjoyed this long overdue chapter. See you later!