girlfriend

where did bravo go?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#004: girlfriend

he considered this to be one of the most beautiful moments he would ever have with her.

 

“Holy crap.” Lisa whispered under her breath and brought her palm to her lips, her wide eyes, meeting Jaehyun’s grim expression. “Wait, hold up,” Daniel held up his hands in mild alarm. “If I’m not wrong, those two pieces of actually kidnapped her son and threatened her? With him?” His eyes bulged as he tried wrapping his head around this entire messed up situation.

RM nodded his head, trying to hide his growing ire. “Essentially yes, that’s what they did.”

“So isn’t it easy to nab them now? There’s even the voice recording of them kind off admitting to having the boy.” Momo uttered, a glimmer of hope in her voice. RM had only shook his head in response and sighed. “I wish it was that easy to incriminate them, but given the circumstances and how someone had falsely admitted to the crime and was acquitted, I don’t think the police are going to open up this case again, especially when our evidence isn’t substantial enough.”

“So what do we do? Just save the boy and he ends up in social services while the mother serves time for something she absolutely didn’t do?” Sehun gritted out, his knuckles turning white as he gripped the edge of the table.

“I was getting to the next part.” RM shot Sehun a thoughtful gaze. “Now that we actually know how the criminals work, we can replicate the circumstances and plant our own people in their next heist. We’re effectively putting the cheese in the trap.” RM’s eyes glinted. "And if everything goes according to plan, we can even kill two birds with one stone."

 

“We know that they leverage off of these bank tellers, and I’m sure they already have a plan on how they’re gonna make use of the next one… We just have to replace the actual people they have targetted with our own field agents, and catch them in the act.”

“And how are we gonna do that?” Sejeong questioned uneasily.

RM had only given her a -eating grin before he continued. “I’ve already arranged with the bank for Sehun to be the designated bank teller at the exact time and date of the heist. Falsifying identities is the least of our worries, and after an hour of thinking, I finally came up with his perfect leverage.” RM paused for a dramatic effect. “I’ve decided that Sejeong can play the role of the bank teller’s beloved girlfriend.”

Sejeong choked on her spit as the other agents gazed at her curiously, whilst Shownu tried to hide his laughter. It wasn’t as apparent that the two field agents were at loggerheads and could hardly hold a civil conversation, but to RM, he felt that this was the most fool-proof plan that he had come up with in a long time and was feeling rather proud. Sehun didn’t try to hide his dissatisfaction either as he crossed his arms over his chest and frowned, but knew that no one else could come up with anything better and decided to settle with a hostile silence.

To Sejeong, it wasn’t that she hated Sehun’s guts; it was more of the fact that she had to play the role of the damsel in distress, something which she would much rather avoid.

 

RM had only given both field agents a broad grin as he continued. “I’ve come up with a timeline on what should be accomplished over the next five days. We have to make it seem that those two have been madly in love for a year, in a matter of two days.” RM had let out a chuckle as he flashed his plan on the hologram.

“Momo, Lisa, Jaehyun and Wonwoo will be in charge of helping falsify the identities and Shownu and Daniel will come up with the appropriate weapons and safety plans for the entire mission. If there aren’t any other questions, then agents dismissed.”

 

𝛃

 

Lisa plopped down on the couch between the two quiet field agents, her iPhone grasped between her fingers as she started excitedly.  “You know how everyone nowadays uses Instagram right? Like you can literally learn about a person’s entire life on this platform?” She explained to the five sitting around her. “I was thinking that we could make use of this to establish your relationship.”

“But what are you going to do about the timestamps?” Sehun leaned back in his seat as he eyed the girl sceptically.

Lisa only replied with a hair flick and broad grin. “Boy do you underestimate me. Anyway, since we are using pictures to tell our story, Momo, you’ll need to come with like, ten million outfits for the both of them. Wonwoo, we’ll need you to chauffeur us around and Jaehyun, go be a helpful boy and do some Googling on all the aesthetic, couple places for us to take our photos.”

Jaehyun didn’t understand why Lisa was suddenly put in charge and protested greatly. “Why do I have to do that? Why? And who made you the leader anyway? Who?”

Lisa had only responded by smacking a throw pillow over his head and telling him to shut up, before skipping towards the elevators, saying she needed to start heating her computers up for the long two days ahead.  

 

“You’re lucky to have the best bro in the world,” Wonwoo turned towards Jaehyun as he gripped his forearm and pulled the grumbling male up from the beanbag he was seated on. “Lets go, we can do the research together!” Wonwoo said in a singsong voice and linked their arms together, pulling a rather irritated Jaehyun up the stairs.

Momo clapped her hands, getting the attention of the remaining two agents before her. The space between the two only contributed to the increasing awkwardness and hostility they felt for one another, made especially obvious especially after Lisa’s exit. Momo cleared uncomfortably; she had no idea how to go about the entire clothes fitting, and sorely wished she had someone else with her to ease the tension that was currently shrouding the three of them. She wasn’t typically one who felt awkward in social situations, and actually did enjoy interacting with people, but the extreme coldness that was radiating off of the two other agents was making it harder and harder for Momo to speak.

Alas, she had a job to do and resorted to yanking both Sehun and Sejeong onto their feet and speed-walking towards the elevator as Sejeong protested loudly for Momo to slowdown. Unbeknownst to Sejeong, the girl was only walking at such a fast pace to minimise the awkwardness she was feeling, sandwiched between the two agents who could possibly never see eye to eye.

 

𝛃

 

“Stand closer, damn it, this isn’t a wide-eye lens!” Momo snapped as Sejeong grumbled, scooting slightly closer towards Sehun as he did the same, before Momo made a sound of approval and snapped a photo. This was only the fifth outfit that they were trying on, but Sejeong already felt like she was going to pass out anytime soon. Momo had insisted that they try on every single outfit she had planned, as well as even creating a reference booklet so they save every precious minute and second at the actual shoot the next day.

She was currently donning a white off-shoulder blouse, blue skinny jeans and a sun hat over her two braids. Sehun wore a similar style, with a white basic T-shirt and matching loose-fitting jeans rolled up to his ankles, as well as a pair of Ray Bans that sat on his high nose bridge. They looked every bit the matching couple, but actually really felt like strangers.

“Alright, now go try this on.” Momo set the DSLR down as she grabbed two sets of clothing off the rack beside her and chucked it towards the two. Sehun made a sound of reluctance as they shuffled towards the fitting rooms to try on the next matching garments Momo had picked out for them.

 

Sehun had strolled out first, donning a white and yellow striped button-down with ripped white jeans. Momo motioned for him to come towards her accessories drawer, and slapped a Rolex watch to his chest, asking him to put it on himself. The boy could only sigh as he slipped his left wrist through the watch, feeling slightly irritated at the couple bracelet that Momo forced both of them to wear as well. It was made of thick, black twine that wrapped around his wrist, with a silver plate in the centre, inscribed with the coordinates of where they had supposedly ‘first met’. Sehun couldn’t care less where that place actually was, but was rather impressed at the detail and work Momo had put in into every aspect of their outfits, just to make them the picture-perfect couple that everyone would adore.

He clipped the watch into place just as Sejeong swiped the curtain aside and stepped out from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter