dr. g

where did bravo go?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#011: dr. g

"are you sure you know how to fly this thing?"

 

 

“Test, test.” Sehun’s earpiece cackled uncomfortably as Daniel’s voice sounded through it, making him wince. “Bro, could I get another one? I think this one’s a little funky.” Sehun called out to Daniel as he was hooking a similar earpiece onto Sejeong. Daniel nodded and headed to the other side of the room to get another one.

 

It was the following day and it was time to begin their next major mission. RM had given the rundown yesterday and everyone was buzzing with exhilaration and nervous energy. It was the first time they were caught in the middle of two clients they hardly knew anything about, and being anything else but discreet would blow all their covers and credibility. RM had deduced that it was best to work both cases at once while finding out more information for themselves on the side. It was extremely iffy that both clients were so adamant to provide more information when the agency had reached out to them.

 

 

Sejeong secured the pistol holster around her thigh and slipped a small blade into her boot before pulling herself up and flashing Sehun a wide grin. He was already watching her and fought a blush as he returned a small smile. 

 

“I’m so glad to get back onto the field after all that bed rest.” Sejeong’s eyes twinkled as she pulled on the leather jacket Momo prepared for her and zipped it up.

 

“That’s right, but I did enjoy bed rest too.” Sehun threw a wink at the girl before tucking a pistol into the holster at his hip and hiding it behind his trench coat. Sejeong’s cheeks flamed and her jaw dropped open to retort when Momo came sauntering out of the lift, her strong perfume permeating the air.

 

 

Sehun hid his gag behind a cough before he turned to Momo with a grimace. The girl was dressed in a tight, pink dress that looked like it would rip in two if she took too big a breath and the furry, white abomination called a coat swayed flamboyantly with every step she took.

 

“Now before you guys mock the crap out of me, this is called being undercover, alright?” Momo pursed her lips as she pulled down on her dress. “RM better be right about this Dr. G. For someone so damn smart you think he would listen to his brain rather than his heart when it came to women, huh.”

 

Sejeong let out a chortle as Daniel came back out, a box in his arms. “I smelt you before I heard you, Mo.” He sat the box down on the table and smoothly dodged Momo’ smack as he dug out the new earpiece for Sehun.  “I’m guessing those are for me?” Momo peered into the box to see weapons Daniel had specially fashioned for this mission. Instead of the typical pistols and blades that littered the room, the box held lipsticks, powder compacts and mascara tubes. 

 

“Woah this is pretty dope, Daniel.” Sejeong’s eyebrows shot up as she stepped towards the box while Momo pulled the lid off a lipstick, out springing a tiny dagger.

 

 

“Good morning, agents.” B.I..H.’s voice echoed throughout the floor, making Sejeong drop the tranquilizer disguised as mascara wand back into the box. “Agent Nimbus Moon would like to call for a final meeting before the mission.”

 

“Crap, I haven’t gotten my weapons yet.” Momo looked at Daniel worriedly as Sehun hurriedly stuffed a stun gun into his back pocket.

 

Daniel could only let out a deep sigh as he grabbed the whole box and jogged after the other three agents already heading for the lift.

 

 

𝛃

 

 

Wonwoo was almost shoved off the chair by Momo when the first thing he said when she exited the lift was that she resembled his grandma’s dying cat, Snowflake.

 

“Alright, Mission Two-Time is a go in T-2 hours.” RM had started, perusing through the files in front of him. “Three locations to take note of this mission – the café Momo and Dr. G are rendezvousing at, the bar where Sehun and the other client will make contact and finally, Dr. G’s secret lab that Sejeong will be infiltrating.” Sejeong’s back straightened, a mixture of nerves and excitement making her fingers shake slightly.

 

“Lisa and I will stay here in HQ to monitor all three missions as best we can. Shownu, you’re the bartender when Sehun meets with the second client and Daniel, you’re the barista on shift at the café. Wonwoo, after Sejeong’s drop, head to the designated checkpoint immediately for long-range back-up. Jaehyun will be stationed there already.”

 

 

The air was heavy as the briefing came to an end and all the agents exchanged serious nods before dispatching to their various locations.

 

“C’mon Sejeong, let’s go.” Wonwoo tapped the girl on her back lightly before the two headed up to the helipad. After RM’s research and intel, he had decided that the best way to infiltrate the lab was via air. Security wasn’t the tightest, but they weren’t sure of whatever y traps Dr. G would have in place.

 

Before the two could head into the lift and up to the helipad, Sehun’s hand grasped Sejeong’s wrist slightly, turning her around to face him. Their eyes locked and Sehun’s tongue darted out, wetting his lips. “Stay safe, ok?” The words were simple but held all the concern that Sehun had for Sejeong.

 

Sejeong held his stare, a redness creeping up her neck and cheeks as she nodded her head. “You too,” she whispered, her eyes softening. A cough from behind Sejeong broke the two from their reverie. Wonwoo was holding the lift doors open with a -eating grin directed towards the couple. “I’ll stay safe too, bro!” Wonwoo yelled as the lift doors closed, earning a huge smack on the shoulder from Sejeong.

 

 

Arriving at the helipad, Sejeong eyed Wonwoo sceptically as he climbed into the cockpit. “Are you sure you know how to fly this thing?”

 

Wonwoo merely scoffed as he started flicking switches and pushing a few buttons on the panel in front of him. “I was born knowing how to fly this thing. Are you sure you know how to jump out of this thing safely?”

 

Sejeong returned his jibe with a roll of her eyes as she pulled a pair of headsets over her ears. “Please, I was born for this.”

 

Wonwoo smirked at the girl before the blades started turning and the helicopter lifted off the ground.

 

 

𝛃

 

 

Momo had to stop her brows from raising in surprise as she studied the man that had just stepped into the café over the rim of her teacup. The man scanned the vicinity before his eyes landed on Momo and he flashed her a dazzling smile. There he was, Dr. G in the flesh.

 

Momo estimated that he was in his late 50s yet could not have looked a day over 40. He wore a pinstripe navy suit and had a pair of wire-framed glasses perched on his nose. His hair was greying at the sides, and Momo could honestly tell that he was pretty toned under the suit.

 

 

“Hi,” Dr. G breathed as he took the empty seat in front of Momo, undoing the buttons on his blazer. Momo schooled her face and darted her eyes towards Daniel before mustering the sweetest smile she could.

 

“Hi! I’m Candy, a representative from The Syndicate. It’s really good to meet you doctor!” Momo stuck her perfectly manicured out for Dr. G to shake, and instead had to hide her horror and disgust as he took it and placed a chaste kiss on the top of it. She could vaguely see Daniel sniggering from the corner of her eye as he wiped down the saucers in front of him.

 

“It’s also really nice to meet you, Candy.” Momo realised that her hand was still in Dr. G’s rather tight hold and yanked it away a bit too forcefully. Clearing , she regained her composure and straightened in her seat.

 

“Thank you for engaging with our agency. However, the information that you have provided is lacking is certain areas, so I was hoping that you could share more details with me?” Momo glanced up at Dr. G from the pair of extra-long falsies she put on today, hoping that he would just miraculously start blabbing and this cringe fest would end soon.

 

Dr. G leaned over and rested his elbows on the cool marble top as he stared Momo straight in the eyes, his winning smile never once wavering. This guy was a tough nut, and Momo was hell-bent on cracking him.

 

“I believe I’ve given all the information I could already, Candy,” Dr. G started, his voice deep and smooth. “Someone has been sending death-threats to me, demanding that I stop my ground-breaking research.” Momo had taken out a notepad in the process and was earnestly taking down notes, giving Dr. G her utmost attention when she honestly couldn’t give a . 

 

“And may I ask what this research is all about?” Momo glanced up from the notepad, her eyes softening and giving Dr. G a small smile. He was silent for a moment before he sighed and leaned closer to Momo even more. “I suppose I could tell you a little bit about it.” Momo silently blew out a breath, straightening and ready to take more notes before Dr. G’s large hand wrapped around her own.

 

“No notes though, dear. It is top secret stuff.” He winked. Momo had t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter