Merry life

Merryland

Kangin woke up when he felt something touching his nose. He found himself in a place he didn't recognize. He flinched when he noticed the young boy next to him. He didn't know him. 

 

"Are you scawed? " - The young boy asked while playing with a strange doll Kangin found familiar - "My ne' fwiend made this doll for me" 

 

Kangin was still confused when he heard some strange voices coming from outside the room. 

 

When an adult crossed the door, Kangin held his breathing. 

 

"Hi there" - The man clenched to be the same stature than the unknown kid - "You shouldn't be playing here. That friend is tired" 

 

"Uhm, but Papa" - The kid complained - "He is fwiend too" 

 

Kangin took a while but remembered it: he was at the fire attack with Kibum when a mysterious man saved them. He didn't see him well, but his voice was the same. 

 

"Excuse me... " - Kangin asked carefully - "Who are you?" 

 

"Sungmin!" - The cute boy chirped 

 

"Sweetie, why you don't go and play outside? " - The king tried again - "I'm sure I heard the other kids just woke up" 

 

"Weally?!" - Sungmin got excited - "Bye bye!" 

 

"Bye bye" - King Liu got rid of his son quickly - "Sorry for that. Sungmin tends to be shy around strangers but today he is in a good mood" 

 

"Is he your son?" - Kangin asked shyly 

 

"Yeah" - The king nodded happily - "He is a good kid" 

 

"He is cute" - Kangin agreed - "Thank you for what you did for us" 

 

"Your welcome" - King Liu smiled - "It was my pleasure" 

 

"Who are you? I know I have seen your face somewhere else..." 

 

"I'm King Liu" - The dark haired man grinned - "Nice to meet you, Kangin"

 

Kangin got so shocked he couldn't speak. King Liu just smiled. 

 

 "Your little friend is still recovering but the other ones are ready to meet you" - King Liu held Kangin's hand - "I won't hurt you. No one will, as long as I'm here" 

 

Kangin felt warm. King Liu was such a nice person he didn't know how to react. He went crazy as soon as he recognized Leeteuk and Heechul. 

 

"Hey! Kangin!" - Heechul ran to his friend - "You are alive!!" 

 

"Heechul!" - Leeteuk scolded - "That's not nice!" 

 

"You baaaack!" - Eunhyuk and Donghae ran to their old friend - "You baaaack!" 

 

Kangin spotted Ryeowook following the kid he met not long ago. Sungmin seemed to have a like in the young toddler and the little one seemed to like him too. 

 

"They became really close" - Leeteuk explained - "We arrived a few hours earlier than you but it feels like ages" 

 

"King Liu is such a good man" - Yesung said amazed - "He rescued us without thinking twice" 

 

"The grand master is also a nice person" - Leeteuk scratched his head - "He is a little strict but nice"

 

"He haven't stopped seeing Kyunnie since last night " - Heechul commented - "He looks like a grandpa" 

 

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

 

"What?" - King Liu tried to give credit to his ears - "Can you repeat that?" 

 

"This child" - The grand master held Kyuhyun in front of the king - "Im sure I have seen his face before. He looks like..." 

 

The old man seemed so happy King Liu tried to control his face. 

 

"My friend" - King Liu said softly - "I know it had been hard for you... but this kid... he isn't--" 

 

"I can tell" - The grand master insisted - "He must be... her son..." 

 

King Liu looked at the baby that just looked at them with big curious purple eyes. There was a flash of sadness reflected on the king's face. 

 

"He does looks like her, Ahn Hyang" - The king held the baby closer to him - "His eyes... he resembles her..." 

 

"My king" - The grand master sighed - "I do not know what it happening here with all these strange events. I'm afraid this is something I never expected to see with my own eyes but... I believe we are facing something bigger than we thought" 

 

"Dark magic" - King Liu agreed- "I don't know what it has to do with the innocent Merry children... perhaps they got involved even before being born... but they don't deserve this" 

 

"I couldn't agree more, my lord" - The grand master nodded as he carried the cute baby - "I, myself, will take care of them if needed. I'm already taking care of prince Sungmin's lessons, so I don't see a reason of why I couldn't teach all of them" 

 

"That sounds nice" - King Liu smiled - "Here is the plan: until we find out what's going here and who's family they belong to; they will stay here" 

 

><|<>|><|<>|><|<>|><|<>|><|<>|><|<>|><|<>|><|<>|><|<>|

 

"Three eggs, two cups of flour, one spoon of yeast..." - Heechul read out loud while Leeteuk searched for the ingredients - "... half a butter bar and half bottle of milk" 

 

"Thanks!" - Leeteuk chirped as he stirred the ingredients together - "I hope you read them well" 

 

"I'm sure I did" - Heechul folded his arms offended - "Are you sure of this?" 

 

"I want to show gratitude" - Leeteuk smiled - " I promised Prince Sungmin I would make him cupcakes" 

 

"Ugh, that kid surely has troubles with sugar" - Heechul rolled his eyes - "He is going to get cavities" 

 

"Don't be jealous, I will make cupcakes for everyone" 

 

"I'm afraid that won't be enough to make cupcakes for everyone, my friend" - an unfamiliar voice echoed in the kitchen 

 

"S-sorry!" - Leeteuk apologized quickly - "We just wanted t--" 

 

"Let's see~ cupcakes isn't it?" - a man dressed in white approached- "I think you will need at least three bowls of this mix to feed all of you" 

 

"U--ung... I guess so" - Leeteuk nodded 

 

"But being so small and so dedicated is actually impressive" - The man smiled - "Not many kids are interested in baking" 

 

"I love baking... sir" - Leeteuk blushed. His cheeks were red despite being covered with flour. 

 

The man laughed like if Leeteuk had just told him a good joke. He patted the boy's back and searched for more ingredients. 

 

"I'm the chef in charge of this kitchen, boys" - the man shook their hands - "I will cook for you all you want. I will teach you all you want" 

 

"Thanks " - Heechul smiled - "Are you going to make us cupcakes?" 

 

"Heechul!" - Leeteuk hissed embarrassed of his friends direct question 

 

"You know~ I think I could need some help" - The chef ruffled Leeteuk's hair - "Why don't you help me to make those cupcakes?" 

 

"Yes, sir!" - Leeteuk bowed with energy. Heechul waved goodbye and Leeteuk panicked 

 

"W-wait! I can't cook without you!" - Leeteuk held Heechul's arm - "I-- I need your help!" 

 

"I at cooking" - Heechul twisted his lips - "and I bet Mr Chef knows all you need to know" 

 

Leeteuk seemed nervous of staying alone with the unknown man. The chef even played silly jokes to break the ice but Leeteuk seemed to be worried. 

 

"So, how many eggs do we need?" - The chef asked trying to keep a conversation 

 

"Three...? " - Leeteuk tried to remember Heechul's reading 

 

"Tsk tsk tsk" - The chef shook his finger next to Leeteuk's nose - "Try again" 

 

"Uhm... I don't know" 

 

"If we are going to make 4 bowls more like the one you were making, how many eggs do we need?" 

 

"I don't know" - Leeteuk clenched his fists nervously 

 

"Let's say I'm not here. How would you have done them?" 

 

"I would have followed the recipe four times" - Leeteuk blushed - "I would have made every bowl individually" 

 

"Why? Isn't it easier to do it all at once?" - The chef smiled sweetly- "Leeteuk right? Leeteukie, do you know how to multiply?" 

 

Leeteuk stared at the man in panic. He looked down and didn't answer. 

 

"There is nothing wrong about it" - the chef consoled the now crying boy - "No one is going to scold you for that" 

 

"I don't know! I don't know numbers! I don't know maths!" - Leeteuk cried - "I-I'm stupid... I know even younger kids can multiply" 

 

"Don't cry, your tears are going to make the cupcakes salty" - The chef teased - "Its alright if you don't know how to multiply. I can help you understand" 

 

"Really?" - Leeteuk lifted his face and stared at the man with his watery pink eyes 

 

"Really" - The man smiled sweetly- "I can feel you and I are going to be best friends" 

 

Leeteuk smiled. He didn't know why either, but he could feel it too. 

 

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

 

 

"Did you call me?" - Heechul yawned annoyed as he walked down the stairs - "I'm tired of walking, this house is way too big" 

 

"Lovely" - King Liu giggled - "Heechul, I need your help" 

 

"Don't be stupid, no one needs a kid's help" - Heechul replied hastily- "Even I can tell that" 

 

"I will have to work extra time with this one" - The grand master muttered 

 

"Mmm, I'm afraid I must disagree with you" - King Liu smiled to the boy - "This is something only you can do" 

 

Heechul looked at the adults with a defiant expression. King Liu tried his best to get closer to the boy. He offered him candy but Heechul just rejected it. 

 

"You mentioned your friend got kidnapped" - King Liu decided to be honest with him - "I think he is in danger. If you want us to help you... you need to be honest and tell us everything you know" 

 

"The bad men took him" - Heechul looked down in a bad mood - "They entered the house and attacked us. They broke stuff and kidnapped Hangeng" 

 

"Why?" 

 

"I don't know" - Heechul puffed his cheeks annoyed - "No one else wanted to be close to us. People say we are cursed... I don't know why would you take a 'cursed' kid with you" 

 

"Could explain me this 'curse' thing?" - King Liu tried - "Do you know anything about it?" 

 

Heechul nodded sadly. He only looked at his own hands while he played with his fingers. 

 

"All our moms died when giving birth. All people that tried to help us before... got hurt" - Heechul's eyes were watery - "We don't bring good luck to anyone. You probably shouldn't have helped us" 

 

"That's not true" - King Liu reassured- "Whatever is happening or happened... is not your fault" 

 

"Hangeng is not the only one missing" - Heechul wiped away his tears - "Before he was kidnapped we lost another friend. Shindong... he was chubby and younger than Kangin by little" 

 

"Shindong" - King Liu repeated- "So... I'm only missing 2 Merry boys?" 

 

"Yeah" - Heechul nodded - "Only two" 

 

"Do you have any idea where could they be? The bad guys?" 

 

"No" - Heechul shook his head - "We always ran when we saw them. They want to take us all but... we were scared..." 

 

"Thanks" - King Liu decided to stop as Heechul seemed unstable - "You did so well, you are such a brave boy" 

 

"I don't want to go back" - Heechul suddenly let out - "I don't feel safe there" 

 

"You and your friends will stay with us until this gets solved" - King Liu hugged the scared kid - "You will have to adapt to the big house"

 

Heechul chuckled a bit. He smiled shyly. King Liu was about to speak when he felt someone jumping on him. 

 

"Paaaaapaaaaa~!! " - Sungmin whined loudly- "Making fwiends cwy is a no no!" 

 

"Ah~ I'm so sorry, Minnie" - It was obvious King Liu often melted for his son - "I won't make him cry again" 

 

"Bad bad bad! You bad!" - Sungmin puffed his cheeks 

 

Heechul laughed. King Liu was such a cool man when Sungmin wasn't around. The boy's presence turned the strong king into a fool. He never expected to meet someone who was such a fool for his son... and not the king to be honest. 

 

"He always gets what he wants, right?" - Heechul approached the cute boy - "I'm fine, your dad isn't the one to blame for this"

 

Sungmin blushed and hid behind his dad's legs. He observed Heechul from behind with curious eyes. 

 

"What's wrong with him? He is always hiding" - Heechul pointed at the young kid - "I had never met a child so shy before" 

 

"Give him time" - King Liu laughed - "He hasn't adapted to you yet. In a few days you will wish for him to be hiding again" 

 

"Let's get along" - Heechul offered a hand to Sungmin hoping the boy could shake it. Sungmin just hi fived him. 

 

"I like him" - Heechul grinned amused 

 

[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}

 

"Ehhhh?!" - Heechul complained as soon as King Liu finished talking - "How come you are going out for so long?" 

 

"Can you please take your son with you?" - Kangin said annoyed seeing how Sungmin crawled on the floor following Ryeowook- "We won't survive without you" 

 

"It's going to be just a week, my friends" - King Liu smiled despite the mess his son was making - "And you won't be alone. I'm pretty sure Ahn Hyang will take care of you" 

 

"Ah, yeah" - Heechul rolled his eyes - "He doesn't like me, though" 

 

"That's because you are not well mannered" - Leeteuk scolded - "W-we will wait for you. Have a safe trip! I promise I will take care of Sungmin too" 

 

"Uh?" - Sungmin stared at Leeteuk confused- "Me?" 

 

"Thanks" - King Liu ruffled Leeteuk's hair - "I'm counting with you" 

 

Leeteuk blushed so much his cheeks were redder than Ryeowook's hair. 

 

King Liu was about to leave when he felt someone pulling his cloak. 

 

"Oh? Donghae?" - King Liu saw the small child looking at the horses - "Ah, I see. You like animals don't you?" 

 

"That horse... it's sic' " - Donghae pointed at one of the horses that got selected for the trip 

 

"I see" - King Liu scratched his head - "You should go back to the palace. Your brother will scold you if he finds out you are not there" 

 

Donghae didn't say goodbye. He just ran back to the palace as instructed. 

 

"My my" - King Liu stretched - "Merry boys are sure strange" 

 

"You are not that different considering we are going out to look for a magic tree, your majesty" - one of the warriors laughed 

 

"Magic tree or not, if I want answers..." - King Liu smiled as he fixed his gloves - "I have to search for them" 

 

(Hangeng... Shindong... just wait a little longer)