Merry go Round

Merryland

King Liu couldn't be happier. At first he felt he was living in a fake world. He even considered that he may have died before and he was now inside his own dreams. Time traveling wasn't something easy to forget, his body ached the first week as if he had injured himself during a battle. 

 

One month after his arrival at the past, King Liu still questioned the fact he traveled 10 years back instead of just 1. He often liked to think it was just a miscalculation done by the Merry boy that helped him; but then again his head told him something was odd.  

 

Sungmin was playing on his lap with that bunny doll he liked the most. King Liu often found himself staring at his boy all the time he could. He felt like he had borrowed time. He still feared he wouldn't be able to solve the mystery surrounding his boy's death. 

 

"My king" - The grand master entered the throne room with a few paper sheets - "If I can have some of your time" 

 

"Sure" - King Liu carried Sungmin with him - "Let's go Minnie, Papa has to work" 

 

"Ung~~" - Sungmin hugged his doll cutely 

 

"I would like to have a talk with you... alone" - The grand master urged 

 

"Whatever you have to tell me, you can do it with his presence" - King Liu smiled - "I'm raising a future king" 

 

Sungmin giggled softly. 

 

"It's about the orphanage" - The grand master sighed - "I'm afraid there had been issues with the place" 

 

King Liu remembered this conversation. It ended with the decision of sending the kids to other cities as they feared they wouldn't be able to fit in the capital city. 

 

"... that's why I think they should be sent to other places where they have more opportunities" - The grand master ended 

 

"I..." - King Liu still remembered his promise- "I refuse. Let's just triplicate the amount of money send to the orphanage. Those kids are worth a chance" 

 

"My king... I truly think..." 

 

"Enough" - King Liu shook his head / "Prepare my carriage" 

 

The grand master sighed softly and obeyed. 

 

"Let's go Minnie" - King Liu carried his son with him - "Let's meet your friends" 

 

Sungmin just chirped happily and hugged his dad. 

 

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

 

It was a nice day in Merryland. The streets were busy as the local market decided to re open his doors after a fire attack two months ago. King Liu remembered that the cause of the fire remained unknown even ten years later. He decided to take a stroll after Sungmin started jumping inside the carriage asking his father to go outside of it. 

 

"Take it easy" - King Liu urged his boy - "We don't want another broken arm" 

 

"Ye~" - Sungmin held his father's hand like the obedient son he was 

 

King Liu wanted to walk to the orphanage but Sungmin pulled him in the other direction as the boy's attention was dragged by big cotton candy. 

 

"Do you want some?" - The owner of the place seemed fascinated by the royal visit - "You can choose the color you want" 

 

Sungmin went shy and hid behind his dad. King Liu laughed. 

 

"He is a shy boy" - The king smiled as Sungmin hid behind his legs - "Please give us a small one" 

 

"Big" - Sungmin pouted 

 

"Not big" - King Liu giggled - "If you eat one big by yourself your tummy will ache" 

 

"Ayeyeyey" - Sungmin remembered the last time he ate too much candy. He decided that small cotton candy wasn't that bad. 

 

"Say 'thank you' " - King Liu urged the kid before leaving 

 

"Thank you!" - Sungmin even bowed to the owner - "By- bye!" 

 

"Bye bye" - King Liu copied his cute son 

 

Walking outside the store King Liu realized that probably he would have to come another day to meet the Merry boys since Sungmin always ended dragging him to other side. He was lost in his thoughts when a kid ran at full speed and crashed with his son. Not having recovered his balance yet, another kid pushed Sungmin away and made him fall on his . 

 

=><==><==><==><==><==><==><==><==><==><==><==><==>

 

"WAHHHH!" - Sungmin cried on the floor annoyed - "D-daaa! Daaaddy!" 

 

King Liu carried his boy as soon as he could and looked around trying to spot the kids running away. He was immersed in Sungmin's crying until he got a glimpse of what it seemed like... 

 

"Let's go Minnie" - King Liu held his boy the better the could and started running to the alley 

 

Sungmin kept crying upset even after his dad held him. He was wailing on his father's arm as he wanted to go down. 

 

"You can't get down here" - King Liu tried to argue with his young son - "It's too dangerous and I would never forgive myself if something bad happened" 

 

"Minnie's c-cloud!" - Sungmin sobbed 

 

"I will buy another 'cloud' if you behave" - King Liu kissed the upset boy - "A big one" 

 

"Big one?" - Sungmin's tears disappeared instantly- "Okey dokey~" 

 

King Liu could hear voices discussing. He found what it looked like a small gate made in an abandoned house. 

 

"Sungmin, let's play a game sweetie" - King Liu whispered to his boy - "We will go inside the old house and remain silent" 

 

"Like gwosts?" - Sungmin asked amazed

 

"Yeah, like ghosts" - The father nodded 

 

It looked like a burrow. There were several old blankets and things that people probably threw to the trash. Apparently, someone must had been living there. Sungmin grabbed a doll that seemed to have been made only by knitting. 

 

"Sungmin" - The father warned in a low voice - "That's dirty, put it down" 

 

"Pretty!" - Sungmin chirped 

 

"Yes, it's pretty but its dirty" 

 

King Liu was immersed discussing with his young son when he heard someone coughing. It sounded similar to when his son did it so King Liu guessed it was probably a child. 

 

"Hello? " - King Liu tried as he held Sungmin protectively- "Is someone here?" 

 

Again, cough. He could heard it closer. He approached a few folded blankets and found what it looked like a really young toddler with red hair. 

 

"Hey" - King Liu smiled - "I know you!" 

 

[][][][][][][]][][][][][][]][][][][][][]][][][][][][]][][][][][][]][][][][][][]

 

"Out of the way!" - A young boy with Yellow hairs cried out - "MOVE! MOVE!" 

 

Two younger boys followed him trying to keep the rhythm. They only stopped running when the older kid told them to. 

 

"I think we did it" - Yesung ruffled the two boys hair - "Let's wait for hyung here! " 

 

"Waiting for who?" - A pink haired boy frowned - "You guys took a lot of time! I was carrying the baby and still got here first!" 

 

"Teukie hyung" - Yesung pouted - "We did our best, but they have short legs" 

 

"Where are the others?" - Leeteuk didn't have time to lose - "I know Heechul is still trying to confuse those losers but I'm missing kids here" 

 

"Ehm... about that..." - Yesung scratched his head - "I only know Kangin took Kibummie with him"

 

"Great" - Leeteuk sighed - "I hope they make it on time" 

 

The purple haired baby cried. Leeteuk rocked him a bit to console him. 

 

"He is hungry... we need to feed him something as soon as we can" - Leeteuk said sadly - "We can't let him starve" 

 

=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=

 

"Hi there" - King Liu tried holding the small boy - "I'm not going to hurt you~ " 

 

Ryeowook cried as soon as King Liu held him. He seemed kinda upset considering he was just being held by stranger. 

 

"He does not liwe you" - Sungmin commented amused - "Boooo" 

 

"That's helpful" - King Liu scoffed 

 

Sungmin held up the knitted doll. The toddler giggled at Sungmin's silly jokes with the doll. 

 

"I think he likes you" - King Liu smiled pleased - "We should take this kid with us, Minnie. We can't let him here" 

 

King Liu was going out of hideout with both boys when he felt something hit his head really hard. 

 

"DONT TOUCH HIM!" - a dark haired boy was now over him - "YOU CANT TAKE HIM AWAY!" 

 

It took a few minutes for the king to remember the kid's name. 

 

"Heechul!" - The king chirped 

 

The boy seemed confused. He walked a few steps back still upset. He seemed to had been crying. There was blood staining his clothes. 

 

"Are you hurt?" - King Liu remained calm despite being hit by the boy earlier - "We can help" 

 

"Ouchie ouchie!" - Sungmin pointed at the scratches over Heechul's skin - "It hwuuuuts" 

 

"Hwutsss" - Ryeowook copied sadly 

 

"That kid is my brother" - Heechul tried his best - "Please don't take him away" 

 

"No one is taking him away from you" - King Liu smiled as he offered a hand - "I promise" 

 

"I don't trust adults" - Heechul seemed to be scared - "You took my best friend away" 

 

"Leeteuk?" - King Liu tried 

 

"No" - Heechul shook his head surprised- "Hangeng" 

 

{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

 

Kyuhyun kept crying as his stomach remained empty. Leeteuk also cried from frustration not being able to provide some food for the baby. Eunhyuk and Donghae seemed to be taking a nap while Yesung used some fallen leaves to make figures on the ground. 

 

Only when he heard the footsteps, Leeteuk stopped crying. He hoped for Heechul to appear safely but instead a big weird thing with wheels parked next to the river. 

 

"Here?" - King Liu asked 

 

"Here" - Heechul nodded 

 

Leeteuk panicked. What was Heechul thinking? That was an adult! It was probably going to take them away. Leeteuk pressed Kyuhyun against his chest. 

 

"Teuk!" - Heechul called - "I brought help!" 

 

"I'm the King!" - King Liu shouted hoping that the boy would feel better that way - "I will protect all of you!" 

 

Leeteuk was doubting what to do when he spotted Donghae already running to the man that claimed being the king. The boy was fascinated with the shining crown. Leeteuk got shocked when King Liu offered his golden crown to the young boy. Adults never did that. Maybe he was different. 

 

King Liu smiled sweetly when Leeteuk showed up with the other boys. He extended him a hand like if they were long life friends. 

 

"It's been a while, my boy" - King Liu couldn't hold back his words- "Are you hurt?" 

 

"N-no" - Leeteuk looked at Heechul. The boy had something that looked like a bandage- "Where are the others...?" 

 

"Ryeowook is at the palace with the king's son" - Heechul explained - "He says he wants to talk with us and that we can stay there while they find a better home for us" 

 

"I don't wanna go back to the orphanage" - Leeteuk said quickly - "I--" 

 

"I know" - King Liu ruffled his hair - "We will talk about it later. Let's feed your brother first" 

 

The king took Kyuhyun on arms. The young baby was upset enough to keep crying but instead he just looked at the king with big eyes. 

 

"There there" - King Liu smiled pleased - "You are such a good boy"

 

Leeteuk stared at the king with big eyes. Who is this person? Why do I feel attached to him? Can I trust him?

 

King Liu smiled to Leeteuk and offered the free hand to him while he carried Kyuhyun in the other arm. Leeteuk didn't know why but despite his mind doubted... his heart didn't. He held his hand and for a moment, felt like a totally different person. 

 

That was the first time they held hands. That was the first time they walked together. 

 

|\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/||\|/|

 

"Did you find them?" - A grouchy man asked 

 

"My lord--" 

 

"WHERE ARE THEY?!" - The man shouted - "YOU HAD ONE JOB" 

 

The men dressed in black exchanged looks nervously while two of them dragged a big sack with something that moved inside. 

 

They opened it and let their content fall into the red floor. A young kid not older than ten years old complained as he crashed with the cold floor. 

 

"Let me go!" - The injured kid cried - "Let me go!!" 

 

The silver haired kid fought against the men that held him up while their boss inspected him. 

 

"Silver hair... mmmm" - The strange man touched the kid's face - You are Hangeng, aren't you?" 

 

The boy spit at the man's face. 

 

"Lovely" 

 

"Let me go!" 

 

"I think this one will be enough for now" - The man grimaced- "I hope this one is strong enough... It would be nice if you could bring me other " 

 

"My lord" - One of the men said - "We have localized another one in a foster house" 

 

"And the ones from the orphanage?" -The boss frowned - "Where are they?" 

 

"You will never find them!" - Hangeng laughed - "They are smart enough to hide from you"

 

The strange man approached Hangeng and using a sharp knife cut a bit one of the boy's cheeks. He then the blood drops on the kid's face. 

 

"I hope your blood is what I'm looking for" - The man smiled - "You and your friends belong to me, my child" 

 

"Leave me alone, you sick bastard!" - Hangeng started kicking again - "Don't touch me!" 

 

"Oh boy" - The strange man shook his head - "never wondered why is this floor red?" 

 

Hangeng looked at his own reflection on the shiny red floor. He started crying out of desperation but no one would heard him. 

 

T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|T|

 

King Liu returned to the palace with six kids. He ignored the looks the people at the entrance gave him. He just smiled and went inside like if it was something normal. 

 

Leeteuk got nervous with the wide and long halls. Once again, the king showed sympathy for him as he ruffled his hair. Leeteuk at least liked the fact Kyuhyun was being feed properly with a big warm milk bottle. 

 

Leeteuk panicked when he heard a boy's crying. For a moment, the didn't think twice and ran in the crying's direction hoping Ryeowook would be alright. For his surprise Ryeowook, the toddler with red hair, observed confused a boy not older than Donghae and Eunhyuk, that cried like if his life depended of it. 

 

Light blue hair, pink cheeks and red cherry lips. The small boy cried loudly non stop. Instinctively, Leeteuk tried to reach for him but he stopped when he felt noisy footsteps from behind. 

 

"Sungmin!" - King Liu carried his boy worriedly - "What's wrong, my son?" 

 

"He is prince Sungmin" - Heechul whispered to Leeteuk- "He is around Eunhyuk's age" 

 

"I can tell that" - Leeteuk didn't know why but seeing Sungmin cry, made his heart ache 

 

Sungmin cried without possible consolation. He only stopped way later after he fell asleep due to exhaustion. Leeteuk observed the cute boy sleeping on his soft bed. 

 

"Cute" - Leeteuk finally said 

 

"I will give one bed like that to each of you" - King Liu smiled sweetly- "You can decorate it as you want. You are good at knitting" 

 

"I-- I was referring to the kid" - Leeteuk blushed. Talking with the king wasn't something usual - "I think he-he is cute" 

 

"He is" - King Liu agreed - "He is a very sweet child" 

 

Leeteuk smiled shyly. The king only looked at him with a soft face. Why weren't all adults like him? 

 

"Heeeeeey~~" - Heechul started calling the king's attention poking his shoulder- "Where is the royal potty or whatever you use for taking a leak?" 

 

King Liu only laughed. Leeteuk lectured Heechul about his manners but the boy just frowned and folded his arms. 

 

"I really need to pee" - Heechul protested - "and this house is too big" 

 

"You are a sassy boy" - King Liu chuckled - "I like it. This castle needed someone like you" 

 

"You are weird old man" 

 

"Heechul!" 

 

"What?" - Heechul replied automatically 

 

King Liu laughed. Those kids already showed their personalities. 

Heechul cleared his throat. 

 

"The restroom" - King Liu remembered 

 

Leeteuk saw the king walking next to Heechul. They looked well together.

Almost... like a family.