Faith

Untitled thoughts pt. 1

Untitled thougths part. 1

-  faith  -

 

 

When Jaejoong gets on the stage of the chaotic Tokyo, a cry of excitement raises from the big arena, while the olympic stadium turns into a red ocean in the darkness of the night.
Adrenaline runs through his veins, burning, while he anxiously waits for the beginning of the show. A sudden fear, however, ades him: will it go well?
Yoochun’s reassurances keep on echoing in his head, but his feelings betray him, as always, and his insecurity raises once again: will it really go well?

He breathes deeply and tries to calm down while getting closer and closer to the middle of the stage, where a microphone awaits for him, the only furniture in that place so big and so intimate at the same time.
He looks at the screaming crowd before raising a finger to his mouth and putting it to sleep with a simple gesture. The big stadium trembles with excitement, in silence, looking at the guy’s face on the big screen and waiting for his voice to open the concert.
Jaejoong doesn’t talk, but stares at his ocean instead: so warm, today, so strong.
He doesn’t talk, but thinks instead: he recalls.
Closing his eyes, he sees a foreign country, a foreign language, an audience rejecting them; he feels the pain, the fatigue, the fear. But he also feels their faith and perseverance and the strenght they must have had to believe in today.


He listens to his own voice shaking as he starts singing the old melody, the one they left their crowd with, and the one they are welcoming them back with, now.
The once closed eyes now open, looking at the surprised crowd in front of him: the rhythm becomes more and more alive and Jaejoong let himself flow with it, confident, relying on the smiles he’s looked back at, believing in the eyes full of tears he sees himself reflected into.
And he has just realised, Jaejoong, that they’re tears of joy.
The first verse ends and it’s suddently followed by another one and Jaejoong is even more excited than before as he walks back some steps, waiting.
Yunho comes out from the backstage opening the great curtains and singing the melody that Jaejoong had just started.
There was a single cry, strong and determined, that filled the big arena for some seconds: it was a cry of surprise, a cry of happiness. Of that long wait finally awarded, of that hope finally turned into reality instead of a slogan to scream during hard times.

Jaejoong is proud of who he has become, he’s proud of his spectators, the true ones, those who have never stopped listening to him, following him, supporting him.
It was a short cry, but intense, after which the voices that were once screaming, joined in the calm and light melody they were singing.
Changmin entered without anyone noticing, but they all feel his presence now and in a brief moment it fills years of absence and that place at Jaejoong’s left that Yoochun had just borrowed and that now, walking on the same stage again, gives him back.
Junsu joins them just in time for the chorus, laughing, and filling the formation that for far too long had been incompleted.

“I will be here forever.
Even now, I am right here,
Believing in the day we will meet again”.

That day that has somehow come and of which he now breathes the air and whose taste is so sweet that in a moment it erases all the years of suffering.
And when, finally, hands connect again, eyes search for others between the notes of those songs they so much loved and the memories stop being so painful: Jaejoong’s smile has never been so beautiful.








 

 

Nb: 
“I will be here forever.
Even now, I am right here,
Believing in the day we will meet again”.

Stand by U - DBSK (which also was last DBSK performance together as five).