How Can I

Rumor
Please log in to read the full chapter

His perfect image really was too good to be true.

How did everyone think Yunho was such a great leader? He splits up the band and forces Changmin to stay with him, then beats the poor guy half to death. What’s his problem? 

I can’t wait to hear an official statement from Yunho. I want to see what pathetic excuse he’ll come up this time.

Yunho must have been this abusive the whole time. It’s starting to make sense why JYJ left. They probably couldn’t take it anymore.

And to think I once felt sorry for Yunho. He should be locked up.

Let him rot in prison.

It was no surprise how fast Changmin’s hospitalization made the news. It was also no surprise that Yunho being named as the police’s prime suspect made the news just as fast.

Paparazzi were savages. They crowded the hospital, hoping to get something out of Changmin’s family, friends, and even the hospital staff.

Kyuhyun hated how much those hounds were using this painful period for a nice paycheck.

What Changmin’s family needed right now was support, and peace to be with their son, not to be stalked and virtually attacked anytime they tried to step foot out of the hospital.

Changmin’s family was able to sneak out of the hospital almost an hour ago. They needed rest, showers, and real food. Kyuhyun knew they wouldn’t have left Changmin alone if Kyuhyun hadn’t promised to come straight to the hospital once he finished all his schedules. While the Shim family had the luxury of staying by Changmin’s side 24/7, Kyuhyun still had duties as an idol to carry out. But once he was finished, the Shims knew they could count on him to be here. The amount of time they were staying at the hospital couldn’t have been healthy for them, and they were finally convinced to go home, just for a little bit.

Kyuhyun was glad he was able to get this quiet time with Changmin, even if the other one was still unconscious. He always found solace in Changmin after a hectic day, and these circumstances would not be an exception.

“Hey, Changmin,” Kyuhyun greeted as he sat at Changmin’s bedside. “Sorry I’m late.” He grabbed Changmin’s hand, squeezing it gently, hoping he’d get some type of response.

As expected, Changmin didn’t react, but that didn’t stop Kyuhyun’s shoulders from slumping in disappointment.

It had been almost three days since Changmin’s attack, and he had yet to show signs of waking. The night Changmin was brought in, the doctors did say it would possibly be a while before Changmin woke up, Kyuhyun remembered that. But everytime he walked through the hospital door, he still hoped Changmin would be staring back at him, asking why Kyuhyun wasn’t there when Changmin first opened his eyes.

Kyuhyun bit his lip. Playing this waiting game was the hardest thing he had ever had to do, and he now understood what his loved ones went through after he miraculously survived that horrid car accident.

“Changmin,” he said with a sigh. “You really need to wake up.” Kyuhyun tightened his grip on Changmin’s hand. “Your family...they’re so worried about you. They can’t stop crying. Minho came to see you yesterday. I’ve never seen him cry so much either. And Yunho,” Kyuhyun swallowed the lump in his throat, “Yunho’s being held until trial or...until you wake up and say he didn’t do it...whichever one comes first, I guess.”

Yunho wasn’t granted with bail, which meant he would be detained until further notice. The judge concluded that Yunho had enough money and connections to make bail and leave the country if he wanted.

Kyuhyun had told the police about the knife the doctor had spoken about, but doing that had the opposite effect he was looking for. Instead of the police attempting to even look for the knife, they grilled Yunho for answers, trying to get a confession out of him in regards to what he did with the knife.

The Shim family had no idea what to believe. It didn’t make sense to them why Yunho would do something like this, but they also knew all the evidence the police had against him, and they couldn’t help but be conflicted.

They wanted justice for Changmin’s attack, but they didn’t know what option they were supposed to take.

Kyuhyun sighed. He had somehow dropped the mood in the room, and that was the opposite of what Changmin needed.

“Remember that arm wrestling challenge Hyukjae and Sungmin kept screaming about for months? All of us needed to blow off steam because of this-” Kyuhyun carelessly waved his hand in the air “-whole situation. They finally did it yesterday night. Sungmin won, and now Donghae owes me 500,000 won.”

Kyuhyun let out a weak laugh. “I recorded it. I’ll show it to you when you wake up. You won’t be able to stop laughing. I even have Hyukjae’s ten minute meltdown.”

He looked around the hospital room, noticing the various gifts left for Changmin. Flowers, stuffed animals, and greeting cards littered the room. “You got all these gifts,” Kyuhyun pointed out as he picked up a giant strawberry plushie from the bunch. “Are you really this popular?” He chuckled. “Have fun trying to get all of this into your apartment. I’m not helping you move any of this stuff.”

Kyuhyun sighed once more, staring at Changmin as he found himself at a loss for words.

A bitter laugh escaped Kyuhyun’s lips. Imagine that, Cho Kyuhyun having nothing to say. He was sure that somewhere, Heechul was laughing like a maniac.

The hospital door opened, causing Kyuhyun to jump. “Oh,” he said as he recognized the nurse that just walked in. “Hi.” What was her name? Hyejin? No...Hyein...

Hyein smiled at Kyuhyun. “Hello, Kyuhyun,” she replied. She made his way over to Changmin. “I take it he hasn’t woken up yet?”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “But I figure if I talk enough, it’ll annoy him so much that he’ll wake up just to slap me.”

Hyein laughed. “I hope I’m here to see that,” she joked as she started checking Changmin’s vitals.

Kyuhyun watched as the nurse fiddled with various machines. He didn’t know what most of them were. He knew one was to monitor Changmin’s heart rate, another for monitoring the swelling in Changmin’s brain.

“Everything looks good,” Hyein said after a few minutes. “He seems to be recovering quite nicely.”

Kyuhyun found himself sighing in relief at her announcement.

“Yeah,” Kyuhyun said with a smile. “He’ll pull through. He always does.”

Yunho swallowed the lump in his throat as his lawyer walked in. By the look on the woman’s face, Yunho knew she was about to tell him something upsetting.

All Yunho wanted right now was good news. Anything would satisfy that craving right now, even something as simple as his favorite ice cream shop having one of their special deals.

“Good evening, Yunho,” Jaehyun greeted as she sat across from him. She didn’t fail to notice the bruising on his jaw. “How are you today?”

Yunho shrugged. He was alive, so maybe that was a bonus. “I’m fine,” he answered. He’d feel fantastic if he wasn’t wrongfully locked in here, though.

Jaehyun nodded. The police were being very stubborn and difficult to work with it. It seemed as though they had it out for Yunho, and nothing would change their minds. She believed Yunho was innocent, but the police really wanted someone to blame, and were desperate to close this case as quickly as possible.

“What happened?” Jaehyun asked, pointing to Yunho’s bruise.

“I fell,” Yunho answered, a little too quickly for Jaehyun’s liking.

“Is someone hurting you?”

Yunho shook his head. “I fell,” he insisted. “No one’s hurting me, I just lost my footing.”

Jaehyun sighed. She knew Yunho was lying, but she also knew that trying to get the truth out of him would only make things harder for the both of them. “I’m working on

Please log in to read the full chapter