Apology

Rumor
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yunho and Changmin promised they would make everything work out between the two of them. They had gone through a difficult turn in life; their band going from a quintet to a duo. They only had each other now, and they knew returning to the stage would be difficult.

Thinking about that promise they made to each other always broke Yunho’s heart whenever he and Changmin had one of their petty fights.

He knew, these fights usually meant nothing. They were just a result of having more pent up anger than they knew what to do with.

Today’s fight was one that had been days in the making, Yunho knew that. Changmin had been on edge. It had been an unusually stressful week for him. His parents’ house had been broken into, and while no one was hurt, his family had been terribly shaken up by the incident, and Changmin felt powerless. He wasn’t able to protect them, and he felt like nothing he did could comfort them after the fact.

Yunho knew Changmin was emotional, and hid that emotion under a mask of apathy.

Which is why when this fight began, Yunho couldn’t be mad at Changmin for it. The maknae was having a tough time. So Yunho tried to reason with Changmin.

But this time, it wasn’t working. Yunho wasn’t getting through to Changmin, and it seemed like his efforts were only aggravating Changmin even more, which only led to Yunho losing his temper as well.

Now that Yunho had some time to himself, he saw what felt like a thousand different ways this fight could have been resolved, and he hated himself even more every time he remembered how he ended it.

Yunho sighed as he rolled out of bed. He went to his closet, grabbing a green hoodie before throwing it on.

There was no way he was going to be able to sleep tonight without at least knowing that Changmin was okay.

Grabbing his phone from his bedside table, he typed a quick message to Changmin.

I’m coming over.

Changmin hadn’t been replying to Yunho’s messages, but Yunho didn’t care at this point. He knew Changmin was at home, and this wouldn’t be the first time one of them showed up to the other one’s home unannounced for the sake of making up.

Yunho wanted everything to be resolved as soon as possible. He was sure that Changmin was the same way, but sometimes, his pride stopped him from making the first move.

Thankfully, their fights didn’t carry on for too long, because both of them cared too much about each other to allow an argument to carry on longer than it should. Yunho hated seeing Changmin upset, and Changmin hated the possibility of Yunho being mad at him, no matter how much Changmin wanted to deny that fact.

After putting on his shoes, he made his way out the door, hoping that Changmin would have opened up by the time he made it to his house.

Getting to Changmin, however, proved harder than Yunho anticipated.

As he made his way to his car, he dropped his phone, the device cracking upon impact. The screen was black when Yunho picked the device off the ground and entered his car. He groaned as he tried reviving his phone, but it seemed like the fall had damaged it more than he realized.

Yunho groaned, tossing his phone to the passenger seat before starting the car and beginning his his short drive to Changmin.

Except this drive was coming to be not as short as Yunho was used to.

Yunho sighed as he sat in traffic. Driving to Changmin usually only took a few minutes, but the roads were backed up so badly, he’d been in the same spot for over thirty minutes.

There must have been a terrible accident, Yunho can conclude that from the ambulance, police, and fire truck that forced their way through the traffic. By the looks of things, there was no way Yunho would make it to Changmin’s place at a reasonable time.

Yunho supposed being stuck in traffic was meant to be. It’s not like Changmin was eager to see him; he was sure of that.

Yunho just hoped to clear the air tonight, because he and Changmin had a lot of work to do the next day, and neither of them worked efficiently when they were holding a grudge. If Changmin wasn’t ready to make up for the sake of their relationship, Yunho could hope that he was at least ready to make up for the sake of their career.

Finally, an hour later, the line of cars started to move at a decent pace. Yunho felt his body relax at this. It was already pretty late, but he could still get to Changmin at a decent time.

Yunho sped up a little, when suddenly, there’s a small explosion and his vehicle swerves. Yunho’s reflexes stop him from losing control, and he’s able to pull over on the side of the road and avoid further oncoming traffic.

He gets out of the car, and his fear is confirmed.

“Seriously?” he asked, looking at the flat tire in front of him, as if he needed any confirmation that today was indeed a bad day.

Yunho changed the tire as quickly as he could, and by the time he was done, he was completely exhausted. Maybe going to Changmin tonight wasn’t meant to be.

Yunho figured that at this point, the best thing he could do was buy breakfast for Changmin tomorrow as a way to make amends.

He got back into his car, making a U-turn at the first possible chance. Going to Changmin didn’t seem to work tonight, but maybe he could go home and figure out where he could get his phone fixed this late into the night.

Changmin. I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry. Can we talk for a bit?

Are you okay?

Please log in to read the full chapter