Part 5 (End)

Raspberry Scrubs

Kihyun didn’t talk to you or Minhyuk for the rest of the day. He sent Minhyuk off to the lab and order tests for patients, while he had you check on the vitals of other patients, just to get you out of his sight.

When you were done with those, you eventually made your way back to Kihyun’s side, who only ignored you as you walked next to him. He was none too happy to walk in on you and Minhyuk while you were on his service. You felt horrible about it, but didn’t know what he expected. You weren’t bonded to either of them for life, you were told to make a decision. So a decision you were going to make.

Towards the end of your shift, Kihyun met you towards the exit of the hospital. He was already out of his scrubs and lab coat. His hair was parted to the side and fell messily into his tired eyes. He stopped you before you left. It was nearing one in the morning by now, you were both exhausted from the strenuous shift.

“We need to talk,” he said quietly to you. You stood still and looked up to him, you nodded your head but nudged it towards the glass doors. “It’d be better if we didn’t make a scene in the hospital. Let’s go to my apartment.” You told him. You held on to your bag tightly and walked out of the hospital.


The walk had been long and silent. The only sound that the two of you made were the soft padding of your steps against the concrete. When you reached the large apartment building, you fumbled around with your keys to get into your apartment.

Kihyun took the keys from you and flipped through them. Once he found your house key, he inserted the key into the lock and let himself in, much like he had done many nights prior. He set his stuff down on your kitchen counter and lifted himself to sit on top of it. He folded his hands and dangled his feet from it.

He appeared so casual, so young and full of life. This was the Kihyun you knew. Inside the hospital he was serious and demanding, but outside, he acted his age. He was no longer the young, prodigy cardiac surgeon who was performing work that men over half his age were still learning how to do.

You set your own bag down on the floor near the door. You pushed off your shoes and walked into the kitchen. “I’m sorry about earlier.” You finally piped up after a few minutes of silence. Kihyun shook his head, moving his arms the side of his body.

“You shouldn’t be. Minhyuk and I both knew that this was going to happen at some point. It was all a matter of time.” He sighed and looked to you, a warm smile on his face. “Kihyun, what are the extent of your feelings towards me?” You asked him.

Kihyun lowered his eyes and thought about what to say. “I don’t even know what my feelings even are towards you. I was trying so hard to get you to choose me instead of Minhyuk. Though, I’ve never been one to lose easily. I got so mixed up with this entire thing that I didn’t step back to think about it all.”

He got off the counter and leaned against it. “I’m more afraid of losing my friend. I don’t want to try for a relationship if it will only cause grief between us. I know you still have feelings for Minhyuk.” He smiled and looked to the ground. “By the way he talks about you to everyone, you can tell that he’s lovestruck.” He added.

You looked to him, shocked. He laughed and uncrossed his arms, he looked up to you, blushing. “I guess this means my life is going to get pretty dry now.” He joked lightly. Now that you were going to stay with Minhyuk, it meant that your deal was now over with Kihyun. You knew it was going to have to end at some point, but this was not how you thought it would.

You shrugged your shoulders and smiled. “I guess now you actually have to go out and find a girlfriend.” You joked along with him. This was the Kihyun you knew. He was your friend, well, maybe even your best friend and you were more than happy that you hadn’t lost him.

He sighed and shoved his hands into his pockets. “Would you like to have one more go at it before we call it off for good?” He suggested casually. You nodded your head and within seconds, his lips were upon yours, his body pushing you against the wooden cabinets. He wasted no time with or teasing. He grabbed the hem of your shirt and yanked it off of your body. His fingers trailed up to the clasp of your bra, he struggled with the hooks before he finally got them undone. “I’ve always hated this bra,” he groaned as he threw it on your kitchen floor.

His fingers found their way to your s. He rolled them between his thumb and forefinger. With his other hand, he pressed it into the small of your back, pressing himself into you.

You latched your fingers on his shirt. You pulled away from the kiss and pulled the shirt off. He looked down to your bare chest and smiled. He bent down and picked you up. He placed his hands on your thighs and walked you to your bedroom.

He pushed open your door with his shoulder and quickly walked over to your bed. He lied you down on top of the sheets, and quickly got to work on your jeans. His hands quickly ed the waist and pulled them down your legs. He threw them on the floor and did the same with his own pants, leaving both of you in just your underwear.

“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to miss this.” Kihyun said down to you. He reached over and rubbed the top of your . He found joy in the faces of pleasure you made. He smirked and peeled the underwear away. He pulled his own down his thighs, revealing his semi-erect .

He quickly positioned himself at your entrance and shoved himself into you. You moaned out loudly as your body adjusted itself to the sudden stretch. You arched your back as he began moving in and out quickly.

He was determined to make this last night worth it, and in no way did he disappoint.


You both laid next to each other in the bed, facing towards each other. “Do you know any cute nurses in any of the branches of the surgical wing?” He asked with a small smirk on his face.

You thought about it for a moment. “There’s Liza in the Peds ward, she is Dr. Chae’s right hand though.” You told him. He pondered it for a few minutes before he laughed under his breath. “I liked you for a while, I know that for a fact. I’m just so happy that this is over with and that we can go back to being friends. Though, without all of this.” He peered down to your bodies in the middle of your bed.

“Minhyuk is in for a good time.” He winked. You couldn’t see much of his face in the darkness, but you could picture the sly grin on his face. You pushed his body away and laughed “Shut up,” You said, but you were excited to find out what was in store with Minhyuk.

Kihyun laughed with you, but he suddenly became quiet, his laughing ceased. He leaned over and pressed and kiss to the top of your head. “I love you and I am happy for you.” He whispered.

You smiled and nodded your head. “Thank you Kihyun.” You said to him before your your eyes closed thanks to the overwhelming exhaustion.


Kihyun had left a little bit after the two of you had finished. You were going to miss the late night sessions you had with Kihyun, but you were even more excited about your future with Minhyuk. You had gotten the best night’s sleep you had gotten in weeks, now that your mind was at ease. You were also more than happy that you hadn’t lost Kihyun as your friend. That, in itself, made you more confident in your decision.

You woke up, more excited than you had been in a long time. You didn’t hate the second of your blaring alarm clock this morning. You rushed to get ready, making sure you had enough time before work to rush to the cafe across the street.

When you walked in, you were greeted by a warm sense of deja vu. The register, where Minhyuk used to work, was now manned by a beautiful young girl. She smiled at you as you walked up to her register. “Hello mam, how may I help you?” She asked cheerfully. You looked at the menu, but you knew exactly what you were going to get.

“Can I get a large raspberry mocha?” You asked her. The girl nodded her head and jotted the order down on her notepad. “May I get a name for the order?” You nodded your head, “My name is Y/N.” You told her. The girl smiled and finished the order, but before she started making the order, you asked her to write something under the cooling sleeve of the paper cup. She laughed and wrote it down. “Of course.”


You walked into the hospital with a mission in mind You were already dressed in your scrubs and ready to start your shift, but you had to see Minhyuk before he left. You found him in the hallways leading the entrance of the hospital.

He was tired, having worked the entire night shift with no breaks. Though, he wiped the tiredness off his face when he saw to approach. “Y/N,” he said with a large smile. You walked up to him and handed him the cup. “For you,” You gleemed proudly. Minhyuk took it and looked it over, “Coffee?” he asked as he looked at the cup. You nodded your head and smiled “Look under the sleeve,” You whispered, trying to give him the hint of what to do.

He nodded his head and twisted the sleeve of of the cup, revealing a message scrawled in big black letters. He read it out loud, despite your embarrassment. “I may not be an organ donor, but I would gladly give my heart to you.” He laughed and read it over again. When it finally clicked with him, his eyes grew wide.

“Does this mean that you choose me? Wait, I have to do it properly.” He stood up straighter, and cleared his throat. He couldn’t wipe the smile off of his face. He looked you in the eyes and extended his free hand towards you. “Y/N, would you like to date me again?” He asked properly.

You smiled brightly and took his hand. “I’d be more than happy to.”