Part 4

Raspberry Scrubs

You walked into a supply closet and hoped that Minhyuk would follow and that he did. He shut the door behind him and leaned against it, crossing his arms. “Is this what you couldn’t tell me?” You snapped at him.

Minhyuk shrugged his shoulder and cocked his head to the side. Seeing you all flustered and angry was adorable in his eyes. “I wanted it to be a surprise. You know, I thought it would have been a little romantic. It would have been cute if I just showed up to your work one day, dressed in scrubs and a bright smile on my face.” He said to you.

You sighed. He never wanted to be secretive, he just wanted to be romantic. You leaned back against a metal shelf. Everything began making sense. You now understood how he knew who Kihyun was and his knowledge of medical information. But then you truly looked to him, he was incredibly young, just like Kihyun.

“I know what you’re thinking.” He tapped his head and grinned. “I graduated college at nineteen and I graduated med school at twenty three. I’ve always been a little advanced for my age.” He crossed his arms again but continued to smile.

You nodded and continued to think, especially about what Kihyun had said just days prior. He had given you so many hints about Minhyuk’s arrival to the hospital, but you had been oblivious.

“Kihyun knew, didn’t he?” You asked Minhyuk. The blonde smiled, his smile faltered a little. “He did. He figured it out when I walked home you home that night. He recognized my name from the intern charts and when I asked him about his work, he put two and two together.” Minhyuk said. He uncrossed his arms and stepped closer to you.

Kihyun knew about Minhyuk and he never once thought about telling you about it. You were annoyed, but yet you couldn’t blame him.

Minhyuk walked up to you and lightly backed you into the shelves. He eased his hands to over to over your waist. His smile was completely gone, replaced by something more serious.

He leaned down so your eyes could meet. He pressed a gentle kiss on your lips. It was sweet and soft, but as it went on, it became more aggressive and passionate. You hooked your arms around his neck to steady yourself against his hold.

He pulled away abruptly, both of your breaths were heavy and staggered but he kept his lips close to yours. “I will ask again. Now do you have time for me?” He asked he lowly, he was still breathless as he continued to hold your hips.

You closed your eyes and leaned your head against his. “I don’t know…” You whispered to him. You couldn’t make any promises to him, not with Kihyun still in the picture.

Minhyuk smiled and leaned his head down into the crook of your neck. “Is it Kihyun?” He asked.

You nodded your head silently. Minhyuk pulled his hands away from your body, leaving it cold and aching for him to put his hands back. “I figured.” He laughed sarcastically as he stretched his arms above his head.

“That just means I have to get you back. Even if that means I have to play dirty.” He winked to you and adjusted his lab coat. He pulled his pager out of his pocket and checked the time. “We have to be in the E.R. in a few minutes. Let’s go.” He said it all so casually, as if he hadn’t just promised to fight Kihyun for you.


You bit into your food angrily. You glared at a group of nurses who were talking loudly about the attractive doctors.

“Dr. Lee could be a model. Do you think he was one like Dr. Chae?” One of them asked. The other nodded her head and looked over to where Minhyuk was sitting and stared at him dreamily. “How could he not be? Do you think he would go for a nurse?” She asked her friend.

You gripped onto your plastic fork, just barely enough to have it break off in your hands. Ellie reached over and held your arm, hoping to calm you down.

“Ignore them. You already know that he goes for nurses.” Ellie winked at you and let go of your arm. You glared at her, but you took a deep breath and calmed yourself. You leaned your head against your hand and frowned. “You told me to go for Kihyun and now I’m stuck.” You grumbled. You twisted the plastic fork through your fingers.

Jooheon laughed and grabbed your pudding cup from your plastic tray. “This is why we all agreed about not dating doctors. They only cause drama.” Jooheon grinned cheekily, his dimples were deep set and moved along with his smile.

Ellie rolled her brown eyes, “Jooheon, you’re the only one who agreed on that rule.” She told him. Jooheon mimicked her and sunk down low in his flimsy plastic chair.

She shook her head and bit into her sandwich. “Kihyun was playing dirty before Minhyuk could have a chance to. He knew Minhyuk was going to be an intern so he made his  move before he came.” Ellie said, food still in . You scrunched up your nose and threw a napkin at her.

“I wouldn’t call it dirty. That makes me sound like a pig. I would call it, taking advantage of the situation.” Ellie nearly choked on her food when she heard the deep voice behind her.

She tensed her muscles and sat up straighter. She wiped and turned around shyly. Kihyun stared down at her and waved, his lips were pursed into a thin line.

Kihyun cast his gaze up to you, his thin line turned into a bright smile. “Y/N, would you like to meet Dr. Lee and I in the hall?” Kihyun asked you innocently. He leaned against his metal crutches and pointed his head towards Minhyuk.

You nodded your head and grabbed your tray. You walked it over to the trash can and placed it on top. You looked to the door and saw Minhyuk and Kihyun already standing there, waiting for you patiently.

You sighed to yourself as the men both stared at you. “I’m still mad at both of you for not telling me.” You tossed an annoyed look at Kihyun and set your hands on your hips. “Especially you, Ki.” You said to him, disappointed.

“I admit, it wasn’t very mature of me. Though, if you knew Minhyuk would be working at the hospital, you wouldn’t have wanted to be with me. So I took the opportunity when I had it.” He admitted. He grinned cheekily then looked to Minhyuk. “It’s his fault in the first place for not telling his girlfriend that he was a doctor.” Kihyun said as he attempted to push all the blame on to Minhyuk.

He threw his hands up defensively, “I was trying to surprise her!” The blonde man retorted back. He put his arms back down to his sides and turned to you. Yet, you couldn’t have been any more unimpressed. These two were doctors, yet they were acting loosely like children. You shook your head and started to walk away from the doctors, noticing that your break was almost up.

“Talk to me about relationships when you two prove to me that you’re both ready for one.” You muttered to them. You didn’t meet their confused faces, instead you pulled your hair back and prayed that you would get a page from Hyungwon to get you away from the two of them.

Almost on cue, your pager buzzed with a 911 in the E.R. You smiled to yourself and started to run down the hall and away from the two men.


It had started off with flowers. During one of your breaks, Minhyuk had walked into one of the side rooms that you had been sitting in with Ellie and Jooheon. He was on a tight schedule, considering that it was his first week. Any chance he got, he used it to see you.

He walked in and handed you the brightly colored flowers with an even brighter smile on his face. “Beautiful flowers for the most beautiful woman in the hospital.” He said with a sly little wink.

Both you and Ellie stared at the flowers with open mouths and shocked expressions. When you didn’t grab the flowers, Jooheon did it for you. He smiled apologetically at Minhyuk and forced the bouquet into your hands. Minhyuk shrugged it off and bent down to grab your hand. He brought it up to his lips and kissed the skin lightly. He set your hand back down and winked. “I have to get to Recovery, but I’ll see you later.” He smiled to you and quickly left the nurses office.

Ellie frowned, staring at the flowers that you held in your hands. “I wish guys brought me flowers,” She complained. Jooheon grinned slyly and took the flowers from your hands. He extended his arm towards Ellie, giving her your flowers. She looked up and furrowed her brows. “Not like that.” She said, but she took the flowers anyway.

You rolled your eyes and took your flowers back from Ellie. “If you want to give her flowers, give her your own flowers. Not mine.” You told him.

Ellie smiled but looked back at you. “So, are you technically dating both of them?”She asked. She swung her chair around so she could rest her head against her hand.

You threw your head back to look to the ceiling. “I don’t know. I told them to become more mature before I was going to think about dating either one of them. They took that as a sign to start bringing gifts and treat me like I’m the center of the world.” You complained, though Ellie only laughed at your strife.

“Any woman would want two attractive guys fawning over her. You should be enjoying this more.” Ellie had a point, but you didn’t exactly agree with her. You wanted something casual and loving. You never wanted your friend and your ex fighting to be able to date you.

You still had feelings for Minhyuk, you could never deny that. To you, he still acted the same way he did when the two of you had dated, even if it was for just a short while.

Though, you were still trying to figure out your feelings for Kihyun. You couldn’t tell if you truly had feelings for him or not. This whole situation just made things more complicated than you wished them to be.

“Well I am the exception then,” Ellie frowned then glanced over to Jooheon, who nodded his head. “Are you and Kihyun still going on with your ‘friends-with-benefits’ deal?” He asked as he made air quotes with his fingers. Even he didn’t believe that it had ever been just ‘friends-with-benefits.’

You your head and played with one of the petals of the flowers in your hand. “We stopped having the second he and Minhyuk agreed to win over my heart.” You grumbled, unsatisfied with the lack of physical contact.

Ellie and Jooheon quietly laughed at you. You held your head up and glared at the two of your friends. “What’s so funny?” You asked them, maybe a bit too harshly.

“You have two guys who would be more than willing to assist you with your problems, but you’re ignoring it.” Ellie poked. You sighed and got up, “We have patients that need to checked up one. Isn’t that right?” You said to them as you walked out of the office, leaving the flowers behind.

Ellie pulled some money out of her scrub pockets and handed them to Jooheon. “I’m betting this that she ends up with Minhyuk.” She said with a playful wink. Jooheon smiled and dug out his own money. “I’m betting on Kihyun.” He said back to her with even more fervor. “It’s a deal.” Ellie laughed as she got up from her place on the chair.

Before she left, she turned and smiled. “If you want to get me flowers, I like daisies.” She winked and left him in the office.


It was unfortunate that Minhyuk was on Kihyun’s service for the week. You had gone back to the cardiology unit the moment Kihyun fully recovered from the accident, after he was deemed fit to finally go back to the O.R.

As an intern, Minhyuk had to go around to the numerous specialties they had to offer. This week he was assigned to be at Kihyun’s side, much to your own disappointment. You were standing at the nurses station, getting paperwork together before one of your patients was admitted to go through surgery. The other cardiology nurse on shift was Hoseok, who stood next to you trying to sort out his own files.

“Hey, Y/N. Do you want to get drinks tonight? I’ll buy.” He asked you, you were about to decline but a voice from behind you answered for you. “She’s actually going out with me tonight.” He said smoothly. Minhyuk came up from behind you and put his arm around your shoulder, showing Hoseok that he was being serious.

Hoseok in a deep breath and nodded, picking up his now finished files. “I see, have fun tonight.” He said, walking off to one of his patient’s rooms. When he was gone, you moved Minhyuk’s arm away from shoulders and glared up at him.

“Do you mind meeting me over there?” You asked, pointing to the nearest on call room. You didn’t wait for him to catch up with you. You set down your pen and walked inside, you left the door open for him.

When he came in, he shut the door loudly behind him. “What the hell, Minhyuk? Why are you so persistent about this?” You snapped at him. Minhyuk plopped down in a chair near one of the bunk beds. When he didn’t answer you, you became even more annoyed. “You could have anyone in this hospital, why are you set on me? I already broke up with yo-”

Minhyuk shook his head, still sitting in his seat. “Not everyone in this damn hospital is you though. You’re right, woman would drop their pants in a second for a surgeon, but you liked me when I was…me. There was nothing fake about our relationship and I was falling really hard for you. I’m so persistent because I already lost you once, I don’t want that to happen again.”

You looked at him, moved by his words. “Then why didn’t you tell me that instead of fighting with Kihyun?” You asked him, you slowly walked over to his chair.

“Because I thought your feelings about me changed completely. I thought you were head over heels for Kihyun now.” He admitted, looking at you kindly. He twisted his hands within each other nervously waiting for your reply.

You had never been so conflicted before. You still were unsure about where you stood with Kihyun, but you knew exactly where you were with Minhyuk. You stayed silent but walked over to stand in front of his legs. You lowered yourself so you were straddling his lap.

He didn’t take his eyes away from yours, he nodded and moved his warm hand to your hips and gripped them firmly, making sure you were steady. In the heat of the moment, you both pressed your lips against each other’s, hungrily moving them in a quick tempo.

He gripped your hips tighter and pulled your body down on to his. You ran your fingers through his blond hair and grabbed at the strands of gold. With his hands still on your hips, he started moving them against his growing bulge.

He moaned against your lips. His hands wandered away from your hips and under your shirt. He wanted to go further, but he stopped abruptly when the both of you heard the door to the on-call room open.

You pushed yourself off of him, still flustered. You pulled your shirt down and stared at the door. Kihyun stood there, his arms crossed. He stared at you, his lips were pressed into a thin, unamused line. “I’ve been paging you,” He grumbled. He shook his head and looked away, “Meet me in the O.R. in five, don’t be late.” He snapped before leaving.

You looked to Minhyuk apologetically. You fixed your hair and ran out the door, towards Kihyun.

This was going to be much harder than you thought.