Knight & Day

The Rain Mates, Eunhae ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knight & Day

Prepared by: DreamerA+

 

 

 

Tittit... tittit..

The sound of alarm clock went.

Donghae hits the snooze button and snuggled deeper under his thick covers. He mentally make a note to thank his mum for buying him the thick and fluffy covers. The room was still dark. Ray of sunlight shining through the gaps of the curtains. The morning breeze had gotten colder at this time of the year, with the winter season on its onset.

Tittit... tittit...

The sound of alarm could be heard again.

Another lousy morning. Donghae hated mornings. And for unknwon reason, he hated this morning. He removed the covers from his face. His eyes slowly opened and closed back immediately. He wished he could go back to sleep again even for five more minutes but he had no choice that he has to get off the bed right now or he will receive a never ending lecture from his mum if he miss his bus ride again. He sat up, covered a yawn, and stretched first his arms then his legs. He looked at the table clock on his nightstand. "Oh ! I'm late again."

A quick trip to the bathroom and he hastily put on his uniform. He grabbed his school bag and phone before rushing out his bedroom. Going down the stairs he felt like flying. He already out of breath when he reachd the kitchen. He tossed his bag on the breakfast table and walked to his mum and kissed her cheek.

"Good morning, mum." He grab his glass and poured a milk and stared at the glass as if the milk will automatically flying into his mouth.

"Son, I love you so much but if you don't leave in thirty seconds, you will miss your bus . Hyukjae already there since five minutes ago." His mum told him.

That made him pulled his face from the glass and look at the time on his phone. Oh it's already seven fifteen and he quickly gulp his milk and put the empty glass in the sink.

"Bye mum." His left hand grabbed his bag and his right hand grabbed the toast shoved into his mouth and hurriedly walking out the kitchen.

He opened the main door and froze. Something didn't feel right. But he couldn't figure it out. He's sort of panicking, because his heart beating so loudly against his ribcage and he doesn't know why, so he clutches at it to calm down. Shaking his head and thinking it was simply nerves due to English test today. He admitted that he did not really study for today but he was confident that he will still do well in his test.

Donghae had to run to bus stop as the school bus was already there only waiting for him.

"Good morning Mr Tak!" He threw his handsome smile to the bus driver before walked to the back row and sat down at his usual seat, next to his best friend, Hyukjae.

"Hi Hyuk." Donghae doesn't know why but seeing Hyukjae will make him at ease.

Hyukjae turned to him and smiled sarcastically, "Next time I won't ask the bus driver to wait for you anymore."

"Okay, okay. I won't be late again." Donghae replied stressing the ‘won't’ a bit.

Fifteen minutes of bus ride and they were already in front of their school main gate. Hyukjae shivers slightly with hands in his pocket, listening to Donghae rambled on about one thing and another besides him as they walk to the school main building.

 

The bell rang signalling half of the school session ended.

Sitting together at lunch becomes a routine for them easily— they switched sandwiches because Donghae desn’t like too much peanut butter, or they’ll switch puddings because Hyukjae likes vanilla better.

"How was the English test?" Hyukjae asked.

"Okay. Not too bad."

"You always said that, 'not too bad.'" Hyukjae was mocking.

"But this time was real, okay? I did answered all the question." A grin spread all over his face.

"Yeah, you answered it all but doesn't mean you got it all correct." He chuckled.

"Hyuk! It wasn't that bad though." Donghae whined. "Hyuk, let eat icecream before we get home later. My treat."

"Okay. Today I want to try the new flavor and I want big cup with lots of chocolate sprinkles on it."

"Anything, Hyuk. Anything for you today." Just then he found it hard to breathe rather suddenly, a strange feeling under his ribcage, like he was sad about something that hadn’t happened yet.

'What is wrong with me?'

Donghae couldn't think of anything so he just shook it off.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The fourth time Donghae looked through his bag, he isn't sure if he can handle the realization of what happened. He has checked every single place it could be. No matter where he looked, he couldn't find it. Gone. Disappeared. Not there. He clenched his teeth tightly.

His bracelet. His precious bracelet given by Hyukjae for his birthday.

, , .

Breathing was hard....

This couldn’t be happening. He couldn’t have lost the one of a kind bracelet his best friend had given him.

The bell rang signaling that the day was over. Donghae walk to his locker, receiving pushed and shoved along the way. He grabbed his backpack, stuffed it with his homework and slammed it shut. Before he could make it out the door someone tripped him knocking him to the ground for the second time that day. His knees were still sore from before along with the palm of his hands, making it difficult for him to stand.

Came two strong arms wrapped Donghae around his waist pulling him to his feet. "Thanks Hyuk.” Donghae muttered without looking at the person.

“You’re welcome. Hey Hae, why are you clumsy today? You know, I might not alway be around to help you to get up whenever you fell."

Donghae stared at his best friend “It’s okay Hyuk, if you will excuse me I really have to get going.” He moved to push past him. Hyukjae quickly grabbed Donghae's arm before he had a chance to go any farther.

"What about your plan eating iceream before we go home today?"

"Not today, Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter