Always You

The Rain Mates, Eunhae ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Always You

Prepared by: Haeteuk_Luv

 

Is it natural for anyone in love to only think about the one owning their heart at almost every single thing in their lives? Like when you pass a road spotting a nice cafe and thinking how nice to spend the afternoon there and without knowing you have been dialing the number you know by heart even your fingers are like moving automatically without fail, or anytime you find yourself smiling alone like an idiot when you see something reminding you to a silly moment you have together so randomly.. 

Hyukjae is not assuming himself as a man with romantic sense but what he does sometimes makes him curses himself but still smiles it off at the end. He scans his bedroom and acknowledging it fair and square. What are there in it that's not related to the man he has finally admitted to be obsessed with. Yes, he has made peace with his other self, the irrational one, that he is defeated and surrendered. It happened long time ago and he is okay with this side of him now. He admits that he is in love, no matter impossible and wrong it is. All the stuff there, the basketball ring where he likes to see him play around randomly while they are talking, or those comics he doesn't even read at first. Even to the choices of the furniture, he has his style and his own liking but at the end there is always an additional thought to it, if it can make the latter stay longer in his room, that it will be his chosen one. And that corner in his room spesifically appointed for the boy's stuff, not his.

Getting up from his bed even before his alarm goes on, kinda often happening nowadays, he heads straight to the bathroom and continues his morning's routine. Waiting in front of the boys's house for his school bus, and putting his best smile (maybe it will be seen a bit weird cause he doesn't have smiley face) as an attempt to persue the driver to wait for his almost-always-late friend. Does he always do this? Like doin everything for his friend even without being asked or even taking the food to the boy's liking when it is his own lunch that we're talking about? It's so silly that sometimes he wants to challange himself.

Can he hold himself to please or help the boy every single time? To somehow put him lower, just a bit, from his priority? Is he able to do that?

 

Of course there're times, just a few, when his head is occupied by other things aside from this figure, like when he's drown in his dancing. Well, the boy often gets the credit how he can always put the soul to his moves but most of the time he just lets go and let himself being carried by the flow of the music. He'll burn his exhaustment into ashes, he'll forget all his problems into nothing, and even he is dead tired afterward he feels content.

"Oppa, you should teach me the move." This girl named Hyeoyeon said.

"Nah.. I've seen you earlier, you don't need me to do that." He said and turned to the door.

He's there already waiting for him with his grinning face. Hyukjae turns to her and his friends to say good bye and takes his bag. Looking at the silly, happy face from his friend, Hyukjae knows the boy hasn't realized it yet. Let it be, he is in his attempt for a challenge. His tongue has been so itchy to say the thing he's kept inside and his hands almost, please note this; 'almost', move themselves but he manages to stop them in time. How many hours has it been? Four? Well done..

"Let's go now, Hae." Rounded  his hand on the said boy's shoulder, Hyukjae left with a little tug of smile on his lips.

"That girl seems to like you, Hyuk." His friend started.

Hyukjae can detect a slight fall of the tone, heck he even wonders how he can be really good at this, he is super sensitive if it concerns Donghae. Hyukjae just smiles it off trying to act cool and no comment leaves his mouth. He knows it will leave a small discomfort in his friend's head buy hey, he's in a challenge, he doesn't know how many times he has reminded himself about this. Talking about trying to act cool and a bit nonchallant to him is almost impossible but here he is now..

"I'll have to skip the movie plan this weekend, Hae." Hyukjae said.

"Okay.." Came the short reply.

Hyukjae knows his friend did it out of reflex, he didn't really catch what Hyuk was saying ealier. His head is currently occupied and Hyukjae knows what it is.

"Anyway, I won't come to your house tonight either." He continued.

"Okay.." The same reply and Hyukjae again lets it slide.

 

They walk together as always, taking the bus, walking again until they reach Donghae's house and he'll stay until Donghae steps in the house, then he'll continue to his. He's counting in his head for each step he takes away from the house, counting for how long his friend's head finally comes to its senses. The time he takes the first step entering his front yard though, he can hear a sound from hurried steps behind. Ignoring it playfully, Hyukjae enters his house being greeted by his mom's voice.

Taking the steps up, he is about to enter his room when he finally hears the voice. Being playful again, he gets in, closes the door, and just drops his bag on the floor. The T-shirt he's been wearing is so itchy to his skin so he pulls it off and right at the time it passes his head, a gasp is heard. It is one of his favorite time to tease, so he bends to also pull his pants down, and a pillow hits his straight hard.

"Yah!!" A protest from behind and a huff from the boy after that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter