Cry Baby

The Rain Mates, Eunhae ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Cry Baby

Prepared by: Haeteuk_Luv

 

Donghae, apart from being a seventeen years old boy, is often-if not always-said as a cry baby...

~

He once came to his best friend long time ago wishing that he would deny it, the teasing of him being a cry baby from those bullies, that he's not, but Hyukjae just pointed out how teary his eyes at that moment when he was elaborating the story, totally agreeing to the statement. Donghae was mad and ran away leaving him after that, staying in his hiding place and then ignoring him for a day. Hyukjae was a stubborn who would stay firm with his words and mind even since he's a kid, so he didn't try to fix it with finally admitted that he's wrong, that his best buddy was not a cry baby. Instead, he let Donghae with his tantrum for the day, he knew where he always hid, but he wouldn't come to find him. When the little Donghae hid there, it meant he wanted a time alone. Hyukjae understood that really well. 

"Haehae.."

The tone Hyukjae used when he called him the next day signaling that he wanted to tell him that he felt bad for making Donghae mad and he wanted to make it up. 

"What?" Donghae pouted and threw his face off.

Hyukjae stared at his friend's hiding place, like trying to break it down with his eyes. He was mad of course. Who wouldn't when his best friend chose that hideous place instead of spending his time together out in a bright place. He was also upset and worried to be honest, little Hyukjae was scared deep deep inside his heart, afraid that he would be still angry or worst, they couldn't be friends anymore! That's a big NO! 

Staring back at his best friend who was sulking on his bed, he nodded his head and gathered his gut. He remembered his mom who had encouraged him the second he left his door to meet his friend. Figthing! 

"You know.." he started slowly, carefully as what his mother told him to,  "...being a cry baby is not bad. Mom told me that some people are so sensitive they can easily cry. It means that they have soft hearts.. fluffy like cotton candy!" Hyukjae explained.

Donghae's eyes started to sparkle at the words said, "Cotton candy? Cotton candy is sweet. I like cotton candy!"

Little Hyukjae smiles knowing that he had made it. His best friend was not sulking anymore. 

"Yeah, sweet! So it's not bad!" He exclaimed and then did the high-five signaling they had been back to their good term.

~

 

Fluffy and sweet like cotton candy... Donghae remembers that day really well, actually, all of his memories with Hyukjae are well kept in his mind. He remembers every single one of them. In the end, he acknowledges it himself. He indeed tends to take everything to his heart. People say that men think with their heads, but he always uses his heart before his logic or maybe his heart always gives a big influence to his logic.

Right now he's in his hiding place, quite funny cause it's just a shady part at the rooftop of his school building. It's his new hiding place, his wardrobe cannot be a fit place for his now tall body to hide anymore. The said secluded place is nice cause he can feel the breeze and see the best view of his school, the garden with lots of big trees. Thanks to those big trees, Donghae can see birds flying and chirping. It's a lovable view for him. He sometimes brings his guitar, one he bought with his one-year-worth saving money, to play some of his favorite songs or  make his own there. During the weather changing he can also see how the leaves started to grow to finally turning brown, some of them turn to be orange, then finally fall off. 

He stares at the bracelet, Hyukjae's gift for his birthday, and he continues to recall all the memories he has with him.

 

"Have you thought about what you wanna do later, Donghae? Which university do you wanna go? Or like, what do you wanna be in the future? I know you are interested in music, but is it what you wanna pursue later on? Your high school will be ended soon.. Tell me later when you have made your mind."

 

His father's words have been playing in his head since last night he just couldn't sleep. Yes, it is right. He is fond of music and he'd love to be a singer or a song writer but is it really what he wants? He looks up at his father in almost everything. Seeing as he works hard to provide them makes Donghae want to have a steady job to help him out. Being a singer is not really ideal, he knows how hard and long it may be to gain success. To think that he'll only start it now feels like a bit late. He can spend years as a trainee not knowing when he will get his chance for a debut, and even if he has, it is not a guarantee he will immediately succeed in the industry. It will be full of struggles. Being a worker in an office maybe a bit easier, at least the hard part is when he needs to get hired and next, he just has to do his best. 

So, what major will he choose? He knows he wants to continue his study. He's not really bad at math, or will he take business instead? And then, what will Hyukjae choose? What will he do? Donghae knows the latter loves dancing but then will he take it seriously? They always joke around saying that they wanna go to SNU, but is it right? If it's not.. will they be separated with each other? What if Hyukjae's father wants him to study abroad, they can surely afford it. Just from a thought of them being away stings his eyes and just seconds after that, his tears are rolling down his cheeks.

"Eat this." A bread was tossed to his hand once he left his hiding place and headed down the stairs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter