She was different.

Don't let my love go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 16, 2018

 

The next morning Sulli looked around the university since the morning, in hopes of finding the target of her attention.

 

Deep brown eyes, tall height, fluffy chocolate brown hair… but nothing was found.

 

She dreaded having to look up the time the course in the notecard was going to take place in. She dreaded going personally to that class for multiple reasons. She didn’t want to be embarrassed by him, or even worse, being ignored by him. From yesterday’s act, the girl came to understand that she wasn’t messing with a kind soul but a closed one.

 

But she had to do it. It nagged her to no end.

 

That notecard did wonders, it was all the right formulas, everything she needed for her homework. The formulas were well explained, even better than the professor ever did, his little side notes were the key. Everything she didn’t understand, somehow became a piece of cake.

 

Sulli knew, she needed him. She had an F in that class and she couldn’t afford to pay again for a retake in that course, money just wasn’t on her side, it never was. Tutoring from the school was extremely expensive and unhelpful when the tutors taught exactly the same thing the professors did.

 

She needed this boy to succeed…

 

But how? Minho was a stranger to her and she was a stranger to him too… She knew no single thing from him, other than him rescuing her from hours of torture from those douches and him being a block of ice.

 

Sulli was extremely shy, it came with being lonely her whole life. She never needed someone to rely on, not like she ever could.

 

But that notecard… it made her desperate.

 

She needed to get that back to him.

 

“Isn’t that Sulli? She’s actually covering herself for once?” Sulli’s trance snapped away as she heard murmurs behind her while heading slowly to the class Minho was currently in, statistics.

 

“Who is she?” Another feminine whisper penetrated. A friend, she assumed.

 

“You don’t know her? Sulli? She was in our elementary school! Long black hair… small eyes with the deepest eyebags? She has never had friends… she was a bit… off?”

 

So that’s what they think of her… off…

 

They really had the nerve to speak of her that way only feet apart from her, as if she was deaf.

 

Sulli clenched onto the small squared paper in her hand, folding a crease on it.

 

It wasn’t like she could do anything to it, she never did. She only did the usual...stay quiet…

 

It came along to being alone for your whole life… being mute.

 

 

Minho’s eyes screamed in exhaustion. His bags were no joke, and same was his attitude. It was worse than it usually was, today was an all-time kill for him.

 

Overwhelmed with the massive amount the professor sent for the project and in such short time-span of one week, Minho actually spent a good ten minutes of his night regretting sticking to working alone. He always did his tasks by himself, yet never had they been this big and cumulative as this assignment.

 

On top of that, it was one of those nights. It was that time of the month that the nightmares began. Nightmares of the past, all of the memories crumbled together into one big whole of darkness. The darkness that had him drenched in sweat, his mind overworked in the depths of the mind, and feeling trapped into the torture of dreams. His parents, his childhood… and her…

 

It woke Minho up at 3am whereas he had the sleep shaken off from him, not like he would wish to fall asleep again. He refused to do everytime it happened, knowing damn well the nightmare would be waiting for him as soon as his body rested for five seconds. In total, he had three hours of sleep at the most last night.

 

He was starting to wonder why he even chose to come to class today when he had no ounce of emotion and will to do so, all he wanted to do was sleep. Being in his least favorite of all his disgusting classes, statistics, was not helping him but only giving him more a migraine than he already had.

 

He listened the jumbles of numbers the teacher repeat over and over again, until his ears couldn’t take it anymore. Knowing he only had thirty minutes left from that two hour lesson, Minho chose to leave. He stood from his spot and as quietly as he could, walked out of the class early, preparing himself to head back to his studio with hunched shoulders and a strong excitement to kill himself into a deep slumber.

 

He heard the strong sound of the metal door closing right behind him, yet before he could turn left and out the math building, he heard a gasp.

 

“Minho?” He heard a soft-like voice, so soundless it was almost like a whisper… That voice was so familiar, it was soft and sweet sounding. It couldn’t be… Sulli?

 

He turned and right to his words, he found the girl of his guess in another skirt, red this time, a simple black shirt tucked into the skirt and matching black sandals this time. Her semi-long black hair straight and well-maintained, reaching right on top of her chest area.

 

He noticed her lips parted as if she wanted to speak. What did she want from him? Why was she here? He really just helped her out of pity, was she planning to crush on him openly? Stalk him? How did she even know what class he was in?

 

“What do you want?” Minho asked icily.

 

The coldness pitched into her chest, stabbing her at how unamused he sounded… as if she bothered him. His eyes didn’t help when he stared at her as if she was an annoyance to him. Why was he so… cold?

 

She stuttered a bit out of fear, but when she saw his brow raise, Sulli took a breath. “This fell from your bag yesterday, I just came here to return it… You have really good notes and I was-” Before she could finish the sentence she practiced all day long to recite, the long veiny arm of his snatched the said paper from her hand and she looked on to see his form already turned away from her and walking away.

 

Minho was not having it, he remembered he forgot to say thanks but all in all he found it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter