She's easy to read.

Don't let my love go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 15, 2018

Waking up was one thing. Living was another thing.

 

He may wake up each day, but it wasn’t much given to Minho personally. It wasn’t like he was lifeless, but there was just not much to him. Everyday was the same, everyday was how he expected it to be, and everything was in a perfect routine.

 

Wake up, eat, shower, head to college, and go back home… Some days he would go out with some friends maybe, or visit his parents and cousins, or maybe he would even go to the gym to exercise… Yet, it wasn’t like he enjoyed it.

 

He hated it. He hated everything.

 

Today wasn’t anything different. A groan from his mouth as his eyes shot open at the same old birds chirping happily outside the window of his small yet spacious studio apartment. He instantly climbed out of bed, he was never one to lounge around or snooze in bed, that would just ruin his routine.

 

Taking a shower was the same, his thoughts running drastically over the simplest of things, frown going deep or maybe a very small smile popping into his features. However, never thoughts that made him laugh of joy or smile his pearly whites, it was never like that.

 

“,” his mere curse word echoed throughout the solem apartment after a portion of burning hot coffee fell into his hand accidentally, the burn stinging the sensitive tan flesh. His eyes gazing deeply into the spot his skin was stinging, watching the flesh slowly turn red.

 

He had an odd sensation that today was either going to be quite unique or horribly bad.

 

He didn’t like that.

 

 

 

Being a business major was a hassle, nothing fun came out it, that’s what Minho personally thought. If it was for him, he had much rather become an architecture major, his dream. Yet his parents always had his way, no matter how much he tried to get away with it.

 

His parents… At that thought, Minho blinked several times to divert that thought, not wanting to get himself more miserable than he already is.

 

His long yet slow strides always brought attention to him somehow when entering the grounds of his school, it wasn’t like he was the main attraction to the school or the most popular guy out there, he was quite the opposite.

 

His ears pierced with murmurs and his eyes that coldly looked to the front always could take slight sneaks at the people eyeing him obviously as if he couldn’t see… he really didn’t care though.

 

Minho wasn’t popular or talkative,yet he did manage to be somewhat a hot topic around the university even if he does not think so. Girls had secret crushes with secret confessions to one day have the guts to speak out to him, yet nobody ever did…

 

Because Minho was untouchable.

 

Minho was a block of ice, a mysterious wall you can’t enter, no matter how nice of a greeting you give him, the tall student will not budge. He grew to be like that, he learned the hard way.

 

To Minho, having people on his side is something he no longer finds the need for. He can’t seem to motivate himself to being social.

 

Not when all your family and the people important to you have somewhat betrayed you.

 

To Minho, trusting and allowing people into his life is a big red stop sign to him. He does not allow that, he manages his life perfectly fine.

 

He manages his life in misery and pain, yet he manages it.

 

 

Class was always a boredom... correction, all his classes were a boredoms. Numbers, math, statistical analysis, it was all such a bore. Minho aced all his classes effortlessly, but it was never something he enjoyed doing.

 

Flipping over the large statistic book in hand with a glazed look, the quiet man flinched away at the pat on his shoulder, his cold eyes snapping in a glare to the owner of the hand before having them slightly soften at the innocent pale hand of one of his classmates merely passing down the attendance sheet. The said student didn’t seem to notice the slight soft gaze Minho gave since he basically eyed him like a freak before turning away after passing the paper.

 

Minho didn’t really care as his fingers marked his name in his messy writing, before roughly passing the paper down without a look to who was next. Merely placing the hood of his hoodie over his hair, he placed his head on the desk and closed his eyes, choosing to rest over the boring lecture the professor was giving like usual.

 

“Before class ends, I will be assigning you guys a project instead of having a midterm exam. This project will be sent to you all through the class’ website, however I will need you all to find a partner to work with since it is a pretty detailed and massive project when it comes to-” The professor eyed long arm that sprung in the air cooly and answered with a raise of the brow. “Yes?”

 

Minho connected eyes and his scruff voice echoed throughout the silence of the large theater room, “can we work alone?”

 

The professor took a second to respond, usually students were glad to have a task with each other since it’s half the work each student would have to perform. “Alone? Wouldn’t it be too much for you, it is not an easy project, Mr…” Trailing off, not knowing the student’s name since there is 200 or more in that course.

 

“Choi. Minho Choi, and no, I’d much rather prefer being alone.” His voice cold, freezing many around him. He could sense the stares all around him, from the back and from the front, even the beginning of whispers here and there, but again, he could care less.

 

“If that is how you feel, then I will not force you to be in partners. Just do the whole assignment on your own, Mr. Choi.” The professor smiled at the nod of gratitude but remained eyeing the young adult, noticing the instant frown that came back to his appearance. The aura of him dark and empty. Turning back to the rest of the class, he now noticed how that same boy was being talked about and looked at as if he was an odd specimen, now noticing how much he stands out from the rest. The teacher sighed and took a deep breath.

 

“Class is dismissed.”

 

 

 

Hands in his pockets, the resonating sound of footsteps all around him alarmed him that he was done with school for today. Many walked in groups home, many laughing, smiling, and being happy with company, he merely eyed that fact as if he was observing an experiment. He didn’t feel anything to it.

 

Sometimes he wondered, was he made to be a human? Or was he just that emotionless now? His deep brown orbs met with the three girls in front of him, all laughing and teasing each other…

 

When was the last time he felt that free?

 

Before going deep into the topic, he halted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter