Appetite

Secret Kitchen

“So Jung, you know I like you. Can we go steady?”

 

The message popped up right after Sowon came into the shower. She had been practicing new choreography all day and this drained her energy. Still, whenever she came home, she must take a shower first, unlike her girlfriend. Sowon smirked. Her hand wiped the fog on the mirror, then she’s grinning to her reflection.

 

Eunha was acting bold lately.

 

This afternoon, that bunny dared to steal a kiss from her in front of Yerin , which surprised both Sowon and Yerin. Although it was just a peck, it was really amazing. A blush ran all over her face when she realized what she had just done and ran away, leaving Sowon and Yerin dumbfounded.

- Hey unnie, what came over Eunha?”- Yerin emotionlessly asked her big sister.

Sowon shook her head. Whatever came over Eunha, Sowon was happy with this Eunha.

 

Expressive. Possessive... y. Adorable.

 

Because the dance practice took too much time and Eunha had a different show to attend after that, Sowon couldn’t take Eunha out for dinner as they had promised. So after finishing the practice, Sowon dropped by a nearby supermarket and bought some ingredients necessary for dinner.

 

The ingredients were still on the kitchen counter though. It seemed that Eunha would be late tonight so Sowon had a lot of time for her cooking show. Putting an oversized t-shirt, Sowon tied her hair into a bun and walked out to the kitchen.

 

Humming along the new song in their next mini album, the eldest girl in Gfriend enthusiastically started her delicious dish. She’s moving around the kitchen as busily as a bee. The house was filled with good aroma mixed with the cosy atmosphere of a typical happy family. Family? Yes, wasn’t she raising 5 kids? Being a mom was really Sowon’s dream, maybe her biggest dream at some time. The feeling of having someone to take care of and being desired for were very special to her. As a young girl, she had always wanted to have a love story as beautiful as her parents and she had thought she found it when she met a guy at DSP. That jerk... She couldn’t believe she wasted so many tears for that jerk who two-timed her. Had she not met Eunha, she would still call that shallow fling her first love but ... Eunha made her realize what true love was, so now she was standing here, cooking meals, waiting for her love to come home, their home.

In her dream list, becoming a mom was still there. But now it was followed by four more words: with Jung Eun Bi.

 

Eunha. Jung Eun Bi. Corgi.

Every name echoed perfectly in Sowon’s mind. Each time the name was uttered, she put some more ingredients in the hot pan. The sizzling sound coming from the beef in the pan somehow reminded the leader of her girlfriend’s interrupted laughters and she unexpectedly let out a laughing sound.

 

Suddenly,  two small arms quietly circled her small waist. Her back immediately get exposed to a melting warmth coming from a small face. She’s home.

 

- Are you tired?

No answer. Instead, she could feel the small creature behind nodded her head slightly touching her back.

 

- Hungry?

Another nod but this time it came with a kiss on Sowon’s spine. Although Sowon is well known for a serious leader who acts very carefully in public, at home she just casually wears light tees without bras underneath for more comfort. This was all started by Yerin but gradually , everyone got used with it and said goodbye to bras. No one could refuse comfort, could they?

So that’s why when that kiss landed on Sowon spine, she could find herself shivering, her heart beating faster and she’s losing her breath. No sooner had she composed herself than the second and the third kisses landed on her ear then her nape.

 

- I miss you, Sowon.

 

A moan let out of when a hand behind her started to find its way crawling under her tee.

 

“Eunha-yah, if you keep doing this, the beef with be overroasted”, said Sowon, her hand was holding the pan holder tightly, still busy stirring the vegetables and beed but the force somehow got weaker and weaker.

 

“OMG, go get a room please!”

 

Startled by the sound, Sowon turned her head back; her face went as red as a beetroot. SinB covered her eyes with her left hand, embarrassedly shifted her gaze to another direction. God knows she’s too young for this overheated scene.

 

- We just did. Here -  Eunha said proudly - WonHa’s secret love kitchen her arms were wide open.

- Wonha’s secret love kitchen - SinB mimicked Eunha’s voice in a very overreacting manner.

 

Eunha pouted, buried her head in the leader’s chest:

- Unnie, SinB’s mimicking me.

 

Two long arms gently put round Eunha’s small body shortened the gap between them. Winking at SinB, Sowon patted slightly on her girlfriend’s head, sometimes whispered in her small ears making them redder and redder.

The main dancer of Gfriend stood there looking at the two older girls before her.

 

Are they pretending that I’m not here?

 

She should have realized it sooner that her childhood friend had a crush on her beloved leader and even stole the best leader from her. Everyone knew before Gfriend’s debut Sowon unnie favored her more than another Eunbi but the tables were turned, Jung Eunbi slowly took most of Sowon unnie’s concern since they got to stand next to each other in the assigned line. Don’t get her wrong, she was just being confused and sometimes angry because Eunha didn’t share anything with her about her feelings for Sowon. It was not until she saw Sowon landed a kiss on Eunha’s lips while the later girl was sleeping that she knew her two unnies had been dating for 4 months already. Yerin Unnie told her.

Tsk tsk, look at them…

 

- Ugh… God bless you two! I need a shower to erase this scene from my mind!

- Anyeong!-  Eunha waved her hand at Sinb who was stomping out of the kitchen.

 

“I see you are teasing SinB”

Sowon smiled, her eyes were full of tolerance, indulgence and love. Her hand slowly Eunha’s hair and conveniently scratched Eunha’s double chin, which she liked best. At times like this, nothing but Sowon’s eyes could bother Eunha. It was these eyes that made it impossible for Eunha to escape from Sowon’s love. The small girl looked down and saw the other girl’s feet and hers which sneakily inched forward to touch the long toes facing it. Seeing what the shorter girl was trying to do, Sowon smirked and quickly lifted her up so that she could stand on her feet.

- Ah!- Eunha opened her eyes wide, totally awed by Sowon’s action. Her hands grasped Sowon’s tee to keep balance. She looked up, intending to complain but her eyes then met Sowon’s eyes. At the moment their eyes just met, any complaint intended to say just went over her head.

 

 - So...- Eunha was so immersed in the eyes of the girl right in front of her - … what do we have for tonight?”

 

It’s so lucky that Sowon had finished the beef while the two Eunbis were verbally attacking each other. Otherwise, her beef would have been destroyed completely.

 

- The beef…nearly finished, but I didn’t know that we ran out of gochujang (red chilli paste).

 Sowon slowly pulled the smaller girl closer to her, “This beef can’t have its special taste if we lack gochujang”

- Do we really need it?

 God helps me, Sowon is biting her lips.

 - You like strong-tasting food, don’t you?- Sowon raised her left brow but she already knew the answer.

- We can have Yerin buy some. She must be on the way.

 

Still keeping one arm on Sowon’s neck, Eunha withdrew her phone from the jeans pocket.

- Ah,my battery is dead”

- Haha, take my phone. It’s in my room”

 

Eunha made it fast to Sowon’s room and brought out the phone. Her face was sparkling with bliss. Hurriedly, she put the phone in front of Sowon’s face to scan ID. She really loved this function of ip X. She’s considering buying one but she still loved her little phone, as little as she. She loves holding it in her hand just like being in Sowon’s long arms.

 

Sowon was talking with Yerin.

 

Jumping with excitement, Eunha couldn’t wait to taste Sowon’s new dish.

 

- Ah, I forgot to tell Yerin. Eunha-ah, text Yerin to buy 6 maehwasus. It’s ages since we got drunk-  Sowon added right after she hung up.

- Yeah!!!

 

Eunha received the phone and clicked on message button. Just when she had sent a message to Yerin did a new message came. Her eyes were immediately drawn to it:

 

“Sojung, I’m serious about us. Can we go steady?”

 

A stone was thrown hard straight at Eunha’s heart.

 

And it didn’t take her long to move on to the name of the sender: Tae Hyung Oppa.

Isn’t this oppa Jseph from K.A.R.D?