THREE

Orange Blossoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Butterflies fluttered around Dara's stomach as they pulled up outside Bom's house. It has been exactly a month and 17 days since she last saw her or any of her girlfriends. And she knew that she wasn't exactly the best best friend for the past months and would have stayed that way if not for Yunho. She was really thankful for the younger man's courage to speak up his mind or else she'd be completely devoured by grief.


"I don't think she will forgive me. She hates me." Dara stayed paralysed on her seat, eyes round, face pale with fear just like a child caught lying.


Yunho had to hide his smile "Noona its Bom noona we're talking about. And you're not the only one at fault." He turned and gave her an encouraging smile. "She doesn't hate you, trust me on this." He added when she glanced at him looking really nervous.


She nodded, took a deep breath, went out of the car and slowly walked towards the door. With another deep breath she knocked lightly and waited.


"Noona how can you possibly expect Bom noona to hear that?" Dara visibly jumped upon hearing Yunho's teasing voice.


She clutched her heart and glared at him. "Don't do that again. You scared me, I almost peed on my pants! And why are you here? I thought you'll just wait in the car?"


"You look like you need help." He answered with a smile and furiously pressed the doorbell three times.


"Ya!" She grabbed his hand and froze when the door swung open wide revealing the fuming Bom.


"Don't press the~" Bom froze when she saw Dara standing before her looking just as shocked as she is.


"I'm so sorry, I'm such a crappy friend." They both blurted out simultaneously.


Bom's face broke into a relieved smile and grabbed her friend into a hug. "I'm so sorry for being such an insensitive ."


Dara felt her eyes water again. "I'm sorry too for being such a lame friend. I'm such a horrible person I didn't mean to~"


"Shut up and just hug me you cry baby." Bom cried too, her voice cracking and hugged her friend tighter.


Yunho watched his noonas with a relived smile. Hyung I did good right? Don't worry about noona we will watch over her. He let them ignore him for a while before loudly clearing his throat.


Dara looked at him and smiled, genuinely smiled for the first time in months. "Sorry for forgetting you Yunho and thank you."


He felt his cheeks grow hot. "Don't mention it noona."


"So this young man dragged you here?" Bom asked grinning. "Thank you for ruining my grand plan. I was supposed to go and grovel on my knees for forgiveness."


Dara slapped her arm lightly and pursed her lips. "Ya! I'm not that cruel."


Bom laughed at her red faced friend. "Kidding. Shall we now enter my humble abode?"


"Noona thank you but I'm afraid that I can't. I have to catch up with the CF shoot." He smiled apologetically. "Noona can I leave you here for a while? I'll fetch you later." He asked Dara with such a serious face that the Bom laughed while Dara flushed in embarrassment.


"It's okay, you don't have to fetch me. I'll be fine on my own." She carefully said.


Bom laughed harder. "Yunho don't worry about your noona too much. You'll get old faster. Leave her to me. Okay?"


"Okay. Sorry noona didn't mean to sound like you're dad." Yunho laughed to hide his embarrassment. The two girls smiled back and watched him leave before entering the house.


"I'm sorry Bom." Dara apologized again to her friend. They were seated around Bom's kitchen. "I didn't mean to lose my temper on the phone. Just because I'm feeling down this days doesn't give me the right to take it out on you."


Bom nodded and held her friend’s hand. "I'm sorry too Dara. Being excited about this wedding is not an excuse to be insensitive and not think about your feelings."


"You have every right to be excited."


"But still, saying all those~"


"Let's just put it behind us." Dara smiled, getting teary eyed. "I'm sorry, crying is one of my hobbies this days."


"It's okay to cry Ssantoki" Bom grinned at Dara's automatic pout every time she calls her Ssantoki, "But it would be better if you would talk about it. Keeping it all inside wouldn't help. I'm here, I will listen."

"Bom unnie is right." The two girls jerked from their chairs, obviously surprised to hear the maknae.

Minzy and Chaerin rushed and hugged their unnie. "We miss you unnie."

"I miss you too girls." Dara sniffed and hugged her other two best friends. "I'm sorry for being such a cry baby."

"We understand." Chaerin released Dara and settled herself on the opposite chair. 

Mizy continued hugging her favourite unnie, tears already forming in her eyes. "Unnie you know that we will always be here for you."

"Thank you." Dara smiled through her tears. "I'm so lucky to have you girls." She gave Minzy one last squeeze before releasing her.

Bom eyed her friends and immediately looked away to wipe her tears. "Just talk Dara, we will listen." She looked at her friend and gave an encouraging smile.

Dara looked at her friends with grief filled eyes. "It's not that I don't want to talk about him. I just don't know how." She paused and took a deep breath to steady her shaking voice.

"I don't know if I'm supposed to say Jae was or Jae is. I don't know what expression to show, if I'm happy when I talk about him people will think that I'm over him and they will think badly of me. You know how judgmental people can get. And if I get sad, if I cry when talking about him people will feel sorry for me, worse they will feel uncomfortable. And I don't want any of that."

"And I'm afraid."

She gingerly looked at her friends and saw them giving her encouraging smiles. She knew that they are right, she needed to get this out of her system for her to properly move on. "I'm afraid that when I share stories about him, about us, the feelings that I had when these moments took place would change." She paused and struggled to clear the lump on .

"I'm terrified that one day I'll wake up forgetting about him. Forgetting about our love. I don't want to lose our memories. It's the only thing I've got left." She bowed her head and hastily wiped her tears.

Bom gently squeezed her friend's hand. "Dara it's us, just talk about everything that you've been keeping in here." she said pointing to her own heart. "You can get teary eyed, you can even cry. Heck you can bawl if you want. Just let it all out, we can handle it. We are your best friends remember?"


She smiled gratefully at them. "You know what adds to my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter