ONE

Orange Blossoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was walking through an entire field of orange blossoms. The wind was blowing gently, causing the soft petals to tickle the tips of her fingers as she pushed through the field with long green grass. The ground felt soft beneath her bare feet. She started to hum with the little birds as they whistled their sweet tune as they flew alongside her. Keeping her company, making her feel free and happy. Something she haven't felt in a long time. Her feet led her to a spot just under a big tree. She sat on a rock, big enough to accommodate her petite frame and faced the seemingly endless sea. She slowly closed her eyes and felt the soft greetings of the warm ocean breeze that softly brushed her face. She took a long deep breath and inhaled the delicate fleeting fragrance of the orange blossoms mixed with the relaxing scent of the clear blue ocean. She kept her eyes closed and started to focus on the rhythm of her heart beating. 

Breathing in and out in harmony with the waves crashing on the shore.

Her heartbeat continued to be synchronized with the waves. Giving her the feeling that she needs most. The greatly missed and highly needed feeling that was alien to her these days.


She needed to escape. To escape from the one fact that kills her a little each day. The ocean gave her a temporary reprieve and she gratefully accepted.


"Honey."


A voice gently called her pulling her out of her new found tranquillity. Her eyes closed tighter in response, a firm sign that she was not ready to leave this peaceful haven.


"Honey."


She strained her ears, trying harder to hear the sound of the waves crashing. Keeping her breathing in tune with the ocean's serene song.


For a moment she was at peace again.


"Honey."


He called her again, this time managing to break through her trance. Her hand went up to clutch her chest as she tried hard to keep her breathing stay synchronized with the waves.


"Honey." He called more softly. His faint voice waking the familiar throb in her heart. Her heart started to pound.


"Honey." The voice grew distant. Her heart started beating faster, the existence of the waves completely forgotten. The voice starting to wake up all the emotions she tried so hard to keep inside.


"Honey." The voice turned softer and somewhat sad. Her heart pounded erratically as she tried harder
 to hear the source of the voice. The one voice that finally put a name to the familiar throb in her heart.


Pain.


The emotion she is most accustomed to now.


Pain is what she's starting to feel again, replacing the calm she cherished for the briefest moment.


"Honey." The voice now a mere whisper.


Her eyes fluttered open in panic. With sleepy eyes she scanned the place and was momentarily confused to face the beige walls. Her eyes caught the flashing red numbers.


8:56


"Good morning honey."


She wrinkled her up her nose in response. Nothing's good with mornings anymore.


"Wake up sleepy head."


She shut her eyes close and ignored him. Her right hand grabbed the silk blanket and pulled it higher to hide her face.


"Please honey. Wake up now. You can't sleep forever."


She took a deep breath and tried to clear the lump forming in . You did.


"The sun is shining brightly today honey. Don't you think that it'll be a waste to spend the day moping?"


She grunted and continued to bury her face in the warmth offered by her trusted blanket. It's too early to wake up hon.


"Get up right now honey. You can't take my place as the god of sleep."


I can. Watch me. She giggled as she imagined his frustrated pout.


You're really stubborn honey.


I wish i was~. She stopped mid-sentence and sighed in defeat. She took another deep breath and channelled the gained energy to her non responsive legs, enabling her to stand up. Her legs seemed to have picked up her current mood, for they were dragging her slowly towards the bathroom.


You look prettiest in the morning honey.


She snorted, turned her head and arched her delicate brows. Are you making fun of me now hon? She grimaced when she caught her dishevelled look at the mirror. Eyes fluffy, nose still red and hair in complete disarray. Yeah definitely pretty.


Remember the boys are coming so you better change into something..warmer.


Dara grinned as she caught her reflection in the mirror. She's wearing her usual sleeping wardrobe of a big shirt and boxers. Changmin will surely appreciate this hon.


Please change honey. His pleading puppy eyes flashed before her, with a defeated sigh she turne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter