Noted

Slightly Warm

~

The next day I managed to get the majority of my English report finished. Chanyeol said that he would be at my apartment by 1:30 pm- looking and the clock on my wall above the television, it was almost quarter past 1 and I still hadn't decided what I was going to wear. I placed my printed report inside my laptop and closed it, placing my laptop in my bed as soon as I entered my room. I strolled over to my rolling door closet and sat on my bed staring at the contents inside. I settled on some simple black thigh-high shorts, along with a lilac flowy crop top- which didn't show my stomach because of how high my shorts were. Causal. Comfy. Simple. Once I had gotten dressed, I applied a small amount of mascara and packed a few things into my bag- a bottle of water, along with a carton of chocolate milk if Hyun got thirsty before the meal, and a pack of tissues just in case- as it’s winter season. I brushed my hair and moved into the living room and sat on the sofa, and began putting my shoes on. Just as I finished tying my first converse, my phone lit up. Another text from Chanyeol.

[13:22] Chanyeol:
“We’re outside of your apartment now, come down when you’re ready.”

I rushed my second shoelace, stood up from the sofa and looked in the mirror- making sure I look presentable. Since the night I found about Chanyeol and how much of a big deal he was. I started to feel hesitant. I felt the heavy amount of pressure, but it couldn't be too hard- could it? I steadied my mind, grabbed my bag and jacket- making sure to grab my phone and my keys before leaving.

7 minutes early, I approached Chanyeol's car- a large grey Mercedes Benz, drastically taller than me. “Good afternoon Areum.” Chanyeol smiled, showing his whiter than white teeth. “Good afternoon,” I smile back, turning around looking at Hyun- who was sat in his car seat holding a small plushie. “Hey, Lil man” Hyun waved his plushie at you, as well as flashing his gum ridden smile. I looked over to Chanyeol who had just started his car, the smile never leaving his face. As the smell of the fresh pine freshener began tickling my nose, Hyun sneezed and began to cough- I brought out the tissues that I had packed in my bag just before I left, as well as the carton of chocolate milk- handing him a single tissue first, then poking a hole in the straw through the foiled section of the carton, then handing it to him. “Are you okay?” I gave Hyun a reassuring smile. With the straw in his mouth, he nodded. “I think he’s getting a cold. I think it’s because we went for a walk two nights ago, he insisted on jumping in the puddles and refused to take his damp socks off when we got home.” I began to chuckle. “I had to chase him around the house until I managed to get a hold of him and had to bribe him with red bean sweet bread.” Chanyeol started laughing with me, the thought of a giant being swindled by a smaller yet cuter version of him was a pretty amusing thing to imagine. "Do you like sweet bread?" I looked at his reflection in the rear-view mirror and saw him nod his head. “How about the next time we meet each other, I'll bring you some of my homemade red bean sweet bread?” I turned wanting to see his excited expression, “That would be so cool!” Hyun raised his little arms in the air in celebration. Chanyeol turned to look at me, his hands still gripping the wheel. “You know you don’t have to do that.” I shook my head, “Honestly isn’t no trouble, my roommate always makes me make them. Besides, when I cook, I'm in my happy place." I smiled and received a nod from Chanyeol.

Chanyeol pulled up to the cafe parking lot and asked if I could get Hyun out of his seat and take him into the cafe to find a table. While I fiddled with the contraption that held Hyun, Chanyeol opened his trunk, grabbing Hyun's rucksack, filled with his colouring books and crayons. I picked Hyun up and placed him on my hip, slowly walking towards the cafe door- Chanyeol strolling behind. As we approached the door, Chanyeol rushed ahead of me- pushing the door open. I smiled and nodded thanking him. When I entered the cafe, the smell of roasted coffee beans assaulted my nose. The aesthetics of the cafe were beautiful- full of the most attractive reds and browns, walls painted the lightest of greys. A large space of floor covered with inconsistent tables and chairs, all different colour, shapes and sizes. The contrast of the checkered red and black tiled walkway, that let up to the cash register. I noticed two cushioned chairs and a cushioned stool surrounding a reasonably sized table by a low lit fireplace- I had thought that would be the best place to sit considering Hyun's sneezing fit earlier in the car. Approaching the crush red velvet chair, I pat Hyun's bottom, taking him off my hip and placing him in the chair, and he began rubbing the armrests changing the shade and texture if the fabric. I went to sit on the stool, opposite Hyun, but Chanyeol insisted that I sit on the green velvet chair. He placed Hyun’s bag next to the stool and pulled his t-shirt down. “What do the pair of you want to drink?” We both looked at Hyun when he began making a humming noise. “I don’t know, what does the lady want?” Chanyeol put his hands on his hips and turned his gaze to me. “Could I have a latte please?” I shot a smile at him, “Of course, and you,” He got down to Hyun's level. “Have you decided yet?” Hyun’s mouth moved side to side trying to figure out what beverage he felt like. “Could I have what the ladies having?” Chanyeol chuckled. “I don’t think your little body is ready for so much caffeine.” Poking his belly halfway through his sentence. “How about we settle for some chocolate milk?” Hyun’s little head nodded vigorously. “Okay then, I’ll be right back.” I nodded moving my attention to Hyun. “Would you like to do some colouring?” Hyun agreed, bringing his bag from his side onto the table, I pulled out his colouring book and crayons and sat on the stool originally intended to sit. Hyun flicked through the pages and settled for a picture of a puppy with a bone in his mouth with a ball next to it. Hyun took out a brown crayon and he began colouring in one of the ears, going out of the lines every so often. I asked if I could colour with him, to which he Hyun agreed. I selected a bright red crayon and I chose to colour the ball. Hyun viciously coloured the puppy brown, sticking his tongue out in full concentration. “You do know my name, right Hyun?” Hyun sided eyed me and hummed, answering yes. I chuckled and continued drawing.

Soon after I finished colouring the ball, Hyun finished the ear- Chanyeol came over with a tray full of the beverages and a few treats for us all. Chanyeol approached the table, opposite me- noticing that I had placed myself on the stool. He just smiled and shook his head, gently placing the tray on the table. Hyun put his crayon down and stuck his hands out for his drink, I quickly tidied away the crayons and the book and placed coasters in front of the three of us. Chanyeol handed Hyun chocolate milk to him and placed my latte and his americano down on the coasters and sat down in his chair, crossing his legs. Chanyeol picked up his coffee and took a sip. “So what days and hours are you free?” He said taking another sip of his beverage. I turned to my bag, taking out my phone to pull out this week's schedule. “I’m free every evening this week, as well as all day: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday- those days are independent days,” Chanyeol noted everything you had said into his calendar. “If you want I can send you my updated schedules each week?” He hummed, “That would be great.” Hyun coughed, clearly drinking his milk too fast. “Slow down Hyun, you’ll make yourself sick,” He gently pulled the glass out of Hyun’s hands and placed it on the table. “I’ll also send you my schedule, and I’ll make you a schedule for you so you know what’s going on with Hyun and me.” I nodded, “That would be very handy, thank you, Mr Park.” “No please, call me Chanyeol. We’re all friends here.” I smiled taking another sip of your latte.

After spending a few hours at the cafe, going over Chanyeol's ideal plans, he drove me back to my apartment- once he had pulled up, I looked behind me so see Hyun asleep in his car seat with his thumb in his mouth. Hyun looked so peaceful resting, his gentle breath leaving his nose, the quiet ling noises, and his dark brown hair covering his closed lids. He looked so soft and delicate- it was certainly an image I wanted to see more often. “So, tomorrow, 10 am okay? You’re free to bring all the work you need to do for university, including your laptop- free wifi and all. I’ll be in my home office so if anything happens I’m one call away.”I grabbed my bag placing it on my shoulder, my phone in hand. “Of course, that sounds great.” I placed my hand on the car door handle.“ I’ll be here to pick you up, is that good for you?” I shook my head, waving my hand. “There is no need for you to go out of your way, I can get the bus.” A cheeky grin just appeared on his face. “No, no, I insist.” Glaring at me. “Then I’ll see you tomorrow.” I returned the smile. “Tell Hyun I said bye.” Chanyeol nodded and wished me a good night. I opened the car door and hopped out. 

I returned to my warm apartment, leaning up against the closed door, closing my eyes. I truly looked forward to the day with Hyun and seeing Chanyeol again. Slow I open my eyes when I hear someone clear their throat. “So, how was it?” Minji was sat on the couch laptop on her lap and glass of wine in her hand. “Do you ever stop drinking?” She closed her laptop and placed it on the coffee table. “No, I do not. But come on, do tell me your adventure with Mr Park.” I hung my jacket and bag on the coat hanger, pointing at Minji, wanting to tell her about my day. However, I just smiled and made my way to my room and closing the door behind me. Without the thought of changing my clothes, I just lay down on my bed- opening my phone glaring at all the notifications. Until I remembered my Promise to Hyun. I opened my messenger:

[18:24]
“Is there any chance we can go to the store before we go to yours tomorrow?”

~