Disbelief

Slightly Warm

~

“Wait, so you're going to be looking after some kid that you’ve never met before- and more worryingly you’ve never met the kid's father? Areum please don’t tell me you’re going through with this! You’re not this insane are you?” Minji walked into the living room with a bottle of rose wine and two glasses, placing them both on coasters on the coffee table- and proceeded to fill the glasses halfway. “I mean, yes- kind of. You should have seen the kid, he’s the cutest. And it will give me some time away from the cafe, whenever he needs me. I know it sounds dumb but my boss knows the guy and I trust my boss- I know he would never put me in any danger.” Minji passed me my glass and I took a sip, watching Minji judge my words. “Do you know the guy's name?” I returned the judgmental look. “Of course, his name is Park Chanyeol.” She just stared at me, expecting me to continue. “Is that all you know about this guy?” I nodded and she just shook her head. “I know what we could do,” I expected Minji to say something stupid, and low and behold- I was correct. “we can google him.” Google him? my anxiety started pumping through my body. “I don’t think we should do that, I don’t feel comfortable snooping on my boss's friend.” As I told her how much I didn't want to stalk the guy and how much all this was a bad idea, her fingers were already typing away at the phone screen. “Park...Chanyeol...Omo!” Minji moved her phone closer to her face. Scrolling, reading, scrolling, then reading again. “Minji, what is it? He’s not some killer is his?” She shook her head and shushed, I sat there in silence for a solid minute before she removed the phone from her face, revealing her smile. Minji could read the look on my face, pure fear. “Areum, you have nothing to worry about, he’s a genuinely nice and attractive guy.” She reached her arm out, phone in hand- I snatched her phone and began to read the article she had open. ‘Park Chanyeol, ex-boy group member- now CEO of his own company, HD Entertainment. The title in big bold font. The wave of relief that was released from my body thrilling. I stared at Minji in disbelief. “Looks like looking after his kid is going to be a little more pressure than you thought.” She smirked at me, taking a larger sip of my drink. “Not at all. Looking after Hyun will be easy, after all, he’s just a kid, a normal 4-year-old kid.” Minji laughed. “A normal kid, with a very very rich daddy.” She chugged the remaining liquid and stood up, picking up the rose bottle and topping her glass and my glass before taking the half-empty bottle into the kitchen. 

I walked into my bathroom, turning the faucet on, filling the sink halfway. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, put some music on- placing it on the shelf just above the sink, positioning it so that I could see the running time of the song. I splashed some not so hot water on my face, grabbing my face wash from the shelf to my left, and squirting a generous amount of product in my palm- rubbing the lemon-scented soap onto my cheeks. Once all remnants of the day were washed away, I patted my face dry while walking into my bedroom. Throwing the used towel in my wash basket. I pulled a plain oversized white t-shirt along with a pair of black shorts from my drawers. Once I dressed I sat on my bed and pulled my laptop from underneath and placed it on top of my duvet. I opened my laptop along with my chosen browser and clicked on the Netflix icon that I had bookmarked previously. While browsing the 'recently added' my phone lit up:

[22:43] Unknown:
“Areum hi, sorry for contacting you so late, it’s Chanyeol- I just wanted to message you just so you could save my number, just so when I phone you’d answer. Thank you for agreeing to look after Hyun, he mentioned you when we got home- asking if we could go back there, to the cafe, to see you. Once I had told him that he might be seeing you soon, he got very happy and went straight to bed, without any fuss. I think that when you look after him you won't have a problem. I hope you’re resting well and have a great day at university.”

[22:45]
“Hi, not a problem. Of course, it’s my pleasure, I had fun serving you both today- you and Hyun were probably the main reason why I managed to get through my last hour so easily. Really? Did he speak about me? That’s made me all the more excited to see him. Thank you, but I’m not at uni tomorrow- my professor has given the whole class a few days to write our reports. But I’ll be sure to rest well.”
I plugged my phone into the USB port, charging it for the night and placed it on the bedside table, setting myself deeper into my bed. Bringing my laptop closed to my chest when my phone lit up again.

[23:06] Chanyeol:
“I know this is very last minute, but if you’ve got an hour free tomorrow- would you be willing to meet both Hyun and I for a meal, it would give us a little time to go over when you’re available? That’s if you’re okay.”

[23:10]
“No, of course, that sounds great, I’m free from midday onwards.”

[23:15] Chanyeol:
“Why don’t I pick you up at 1:30 pm outside of your place? Just text me your address and I’ll be there. Sleep well.”

I typed my address and sent it to him, I made sure that all my alarms were set- then placed it back on the bedside table. 

~