Daisies

Slightly Warm

~

I don't recall falling asleep on the couch, but it was only till Minji threw a pillow at my face I realised where I was laying. My laptop lucky made it to the coffee table, dead, but not damaged. I ran my hands over my face, slowly lifting my tired body of the sofa and rubbing my eyes to the point they stung. “What time is your lecture?” Minji had placed herself at the kitchen counter, coffee in hand, guessing she began to regret the amount of wine she drank that evening. “Not till 3 in the afternoon.” I gazed at my watch, only 11 am- plenty of time to shower and finish off my paper. “Would you like me to make you some pancakes?” My slippers dragging across the wooden floor, towards the fridge- grabbing the orange juice and pouring myself a glass. “No it’s okay, I wouldn’t want to throw them up.” She smiled, but I swear I saw her face turn green at the mention of food. “Okay, well I’m going to bathe and I’ll probably pick something to eat one my way to uni.” Minji just placed her head in her hands and waved me off, not saying a word- but filled with remorse.
 
I strolled towards my bedroom, admiring my ready-made bed that sat in the centre of the room. I opened the chest of draws to expose a considerable amount of cinnamon towels; I grabbed a small towel for my hair and my robe, which hung on my door. I went to the bathroom and ran the hot tap, a nice hot bubble-bath. I placed my robe and towel down onto the closed toilet seat and made my way to my room to get my BlueTooth speaker. Trying to connect my phone on way back to the bathroom. I spun around and turned the taps off, once the tub was full and carefully I climbed into the tub. I sunk into the bath, as far as I could go, the water resting below my nose, the bubbles tickling my nostrils. I sat there for a while just enjoying the suds around me and the music that tempered with the acoustics of the room.
 

Once out of the bathtub, I sat on my bed in my towel working on my paper. I only had half an hour to get my school things together and leave. I didn’t have to worry about printing my paper off because I could do that before my class started. I didn’t want to mess around with my outfit, so once again I chose to wear something comfortable- Just a pair of grey joggers and a loose long-sleeved white t-shirt, looking as plain as can be. I made sure I spent extra time making sure I had everything I needed to make my time at university run smoothly. 
 
My hair, now damp, I gentle combed it out and tied it into a loose ponytail, went to my dresser to spritz some of my Daisy perfume onto my heat spots- which consisted of: my inner wrists, the base of my throat, behind my ear lobes, in my cleavage, and the inner of my elbows. I sat on my bed and put some white socks on and my plain white sneakers, grabbed my bag and made my way into the living room to say goodbye to Minji- she was now sat in her usual spot wrapped up warm watching some trashy daytime tv programme. I reminded her that I wasn’t going to be back till late because after university I needed to go shopping to find something nice to wear. But all I got out of her was just a rumble and a shrug. I grabbed my hoodie and left my apartment and locked the door behind me and my way out of the apartment complex and got the bus to school.
 
After 3 hours of my English lecture and my studies, it was time to pack all my notes away. I quickly organised them, stapled them and put them in my black folder and shoving my contents into my bag then threw it over my shoulder and left the study hall. I said farewell to my friends, grabbed my headphones from my bag and made my way to the bus stop. Walking along the busy side of the road, my music muting the cars rushing by. Scrolling through my playlist, queuing song inline- a single drop of rain hit the screen of my phone. I put my phone in my pocket and rummaged through my bag to find my umbrella, nothing. I rolled my eyes and just simply pulled my hood up tucking my arms under each other compacting to warmth within my body. Of course, it's so silly of me to forget my umbrella of all things. The reason why I brought a small umbrella is so that I could keep it in my bag and not have to carry around a big one. But I must have used it and left it out to dry. I can guarantee that I’ve left it by the windowsill in the kitchen and I couldn't help but slap myself. The light grey hoodie slowly began to turn a charcoal colour, almost black with dampness, except for the cuffs as my hoodied head guarded them against the drops. As I replied to texted that I had missed during my lectures, a shadow had come over me. I looked up to see my vision of the grey clouds disappear and to be replaced with an umbrella, shielding me from the rain even though I had already taken witness to the rains actions. I pulled my headphones out and looked to my left to see a dressed-up man, around average height holding the umbrella above me. I stopped in my tracks. “Hello? Is everything okay?” I began to wrap my headphones around my phone and place it in my pocket. “Yes, Miss Choi? Mr Park has asked me to come and collect you. I’m sorry I’m late, traffic was bad. I’m Hyunwook,” He took out his ID and his company card to prove that he belonged with Chanyeol’s company. “Shall we get going?”

“So where are we going?” I slid my arms out of my wet sleeves and placed my hoodie on the car seat. I looked at the mess the rain had caused, the rain penetrated my hoodie and ruined my white t-shirt revealing my white bra covered in pretty little daisies barely noticeable until the wet white fabric pressed against my torso. “Mr Park said that we should get you something nice to wear and he wanted to save you from having to make the effort yourself.” I gawked at the view mirror to see Hyunwook look in my direction. “He didn’t have to do this, I was going to go and find myself something anyway.” I kind of felt a little insulted, Chanyeol thinking that I wasn’t able to dress nicely. Well maybe not to his standard but I would have been able to turn a few heads at least. “Mr Park thought you’d have something planned, but he thought it might be best for me to you somewhere to purchase such things and also to drop you off at his chosen destination.” He removed his eyes from the mirror and focused his attention on the road. I let out a gentle sigh, both offended but also grateful that Hyunwook saved me from the rain, I rummaged through my wet pockets to find my phone- and texted Chanyeol. 

[18:16]
"Thank you for sending Hyunwook to come and pick me up. But is there any need for him to take me shopping?”

[18:16] Chanyeol:
“There’s no need to thank me, and of course there is- I want to take this date seriously. Don’t you agree?”

My cheeks began to feel hot, of course, I wanted to take it seriously but I never thought this as a date. Minji was right, I just wanted to use this time to get closer to him, but now this is serious, I didn’t want to lie to myself, but I started to feel panicky.

We had arrived at some boutique store, a brand I’ve never heard of, I knew this was going to be an expensive trip. Hyunwook got out of his side of the car and made his way to me, he opened up his umbrella once more and opened my door. I left the car gently shutting the door behind me and followed Hyunwook to the boutique. 

With the help of all the store clerk’s help, I found the nicest and, of course, the cheapest dress I could find. A black lace dress with sheer long sleeves with delicate lace flowers on the body of the dress, the dress just cutting off above my knees. I had never truly seen myself wearing such a beautiful piece of clothing. Hyunwook sat in one of the guest chairs staring at me, his hat in his lap. “You look lovely Miss Choi, I know Mr Park will appreciate your efforts.” I smiled and patted myself down, proud of myself for being able to make myself look so nice. Hyunwook insisted I grabbed my clothes and we make our way at. I threw my clothes in my bag and put my bag on my shoulder, and made my way towards the cash register, Hyunwook stood there waiting. “Shall we go?” Confused I repositioned my bag. “But I still have to pay…” Hyunwook laughed. “No need, Mr Park told me to get anything you wanted on the company card, and I did exactly that.” He smiled and put out his arm out leading the way back towards the car. 

 [19:12] 
“Of course Chanyeol, I wouldn’t want anything less. I can’t wait to see you.”

~