#0003

Hide the Head, Show the Tail
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

-Chapter 3-

 

 

"Doctor Do"

Kyungsoo lifted up his head almost instantly as he heard someone called him. He just finished two operations in a row half an hour ago, and currently catching a little sleep in his team's office. Even if the hard materials of his table weren't the most comfortable, but at least it was quiet since his colleagues and two other residents in his team were nowhere to be found. When he saw his Team Chief standing just by the door of her office with her arms crossed, he immediately jerked. Surprised at the sudden appearance of her.

"Team Chief"

He bowed down before scratching the back of his head sheepishly. His Team Chief, a woman in her early thirties just shook her head with her usual gentle smile, though it turned more sheepish as she said her purpose in seeking out him. "I know you just finished an operation this morning and another two this afternoon, but the ER Department short of available doctors at the moment and they have a huge car crash patients downstairs. It's a huge mess, the crash was including a public bus, two cars and a few bystanders. Unfortunately, we're the only near hospital around this area and all of the emergency patients are brought here" His Team Chief explained, she unfolded her arms and also gave him a silent apologize through her awkward smile. "Are you mind helping them with me?"

Kyungsoo just chuckled in amusement, after knowing her since his intern days, Doctor Bae didn't change that much. "Of course, I'm getting paid for it" He winked before grabbing his prideful white gown. Even if he was tired, he sincerely enjoyed his job and the load of works that coming with it as a packet.

Doctor Bae chuckled, she closed her office door behind her a little happily. She always could count on Doctor Do, after all, he was their As card. "Let's go!"

Kyungsoo walked behind his Team Chief as he wore his white gown, he also warmly greeted his patients or their family along the way. He was known for his warm and hard working personality in here. A little chuckle escaped from his lips, he was glad that his other teammates never visited him in the hospital or they would laugh at him. He was the least warm person in the whole team along side with Sehun. Somehow he missed them already.

As soon as they stepped into the ER, Kyungsoo halted, his eyes scanned the whole madness in front of him. Yell of pain from the patients collided with the shout of doctors giving orders. He also saw blood everywhere. Kyungsoo could imagine how hectic it was for the doctors in charge of the ER, there were about fifteen persons just in a quick count in his mind.

With a small sigh, he pulled up the sleeves of his white gown. Today will be a really long day.

"Doctor Bae! I'm glad you're here!" the head nurse of the ER Department quickly approached his Team Chief and then dragged her away. It wasn't long before someone also grabbed him to handle a patient with a glass piercing on his stomach.

Quick on throwing away his confusion, Kyungsoo pulled out his stethoscope from his white gown’s pocket. "Mister, can you hear me?" he asked while putting on his stethoscope, checked on his heartbeat. It was a little slow.

"His name is Lee Changmin" the nurse that dragged him to this patient whispered from behind him.

Kyungsoo then leaned his body so he was on the same level with the patient. "Mr. Lee Changmin, I'm Doctor Do Kyungsoo and I'll treat you"

When he saw the patient nodded his head, Kyungsoo moved his attention at the nurse that assist him, mentally recalled her name. "..Nurse..Park, run a CT scan at the patient around this..." he gestured at the patient’s stomach area, "and print his medical history. Also prepare the operating room, we need to operate him" He said quickly before pressing his hand beside the area where the glass piercing on, he soon moved his hand as he saw blood running down from the injury.

Nurse Park nodded, she then hurriedly did as he asked.

While Nurse Park was back, Kyungsoo walked ahead to prepare himself. He was loosening the tie around his neck when he saw a new patient brought in by the ambulance. And when Kyungsoo was about to pass it, he halted as he saw the patient, the body drenched in blood with a bucket of red roses still clutched in his hand.

Suddenly he felt like the world spinning around him.

~

 

The four of them were swarming in front of Baekhyun’s computers with Mark sat on the crowned seat. At normal circumstance, someone would probably tease Mark about an annoyed Baekhyun catching after his life if he saw anyone seating at his favorite gaming chair. But none was joking around like the usual, everyone in the room were tense. It wasn’t unusual if Kyungsoo was hard to get hold of, but Baekhyun n

Please log in to read the full chapter