#0002

Hide the Head, Show the Tail
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

 

 

The sound of him typing on his computer broke the silence in his crowded apartment, the light from his monitors also the only source of light in the house. His palm then reached for the cup of coffee Serin made for him before she went to sleep. He frowned as he found it empty. With a sigh, Baekhyun paused all of his doing on his computer. Pushed back his chair, he started to notice his surroundings. Mark was sleeping on his claimed long sofa. Johnny and Sehun were soundlessly tangled on the floor with a blanket covering them. He can also see Serin and Kyungsoo cuddling in his bed from the slightly opened door of his room.

A small smiled appeared on his face as he made his way toward his small kitchen, for a few times kicked the unnecessary things on the floor along the way, he really needed to clean his apartment.

Baekhyun was boiling hot water when he heard his computer pinged. Like a deer caught in the headlight, Baekhyun stared back at his computer. Giving a last sight at the slowly heated water, he walked back at his computer. The recognize face program he was running finished its work as a photo profile of a person appeared on the screen.

Baekhyun froze in his spot as he saw the familiar profile. He shook his head before closed the profile. He should create another program, the previous one must be not good enough.

It was impossible that person was the culprit.

With a new determination, Baekhyun once again working on his computer. Played the CCTV he managed to hack again and again. It was the video surveillance of Im Jaebum buying wine. The wine that was poisoned.

Baekhyun also discovered a suspicious person who was working in the wine storage room of that famous wine shop. He was searching for that person’s identity for the last four hours, and always met with dead ends. Then, something suddenly came into his mind. All of his activities stopped, he blinked once before turning his head, staring at the whiteboard, where the photo of the crime scene and the evidence patched over. Baekhyun frowns deepened, not really believing himself as his eyes pointed at the small details on the bottom of the photo.

Baekhyun eyes widened. The memory he tried to bury far in his past started to haunt him again. His mind filled with that accident years ago just in few seconds, like a flood, it was overwhelming. It was the accident that changed the way he lives. The way they live.

These patterns were similar, it was so damn similar that Baekhyun wanted to throw up.

Young men.

Dancer.

Poison.

Suicide. Accidentally killed.

And…red roses.

But how can it was possible when he last encountered those four years ago.

It was impossible, he was in jail, waiting for his death penalty.

Baekhyun scoffed. that killer for always makes them catching their tail.

~

 

Serin slowly opened her eyes, for a moment blankly stared at the ceiling. It was no surprise when she discovered she had Baekhyun’s small bed by herself. Her usual company, Kyungsoo was an early bird who love hospital too much that he always came an hour early. If she managed to drag Baekhyun to bed, it wouldn’t be that long before he wa

Please log in to read the full chapter