#0001

Hide the Head, Show the Tail
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

-Chapter 1-

 

 

“Do you know the murder case that just happened in that prestigious apartment complex?”

Serin slowed down her movement as she made a few cups of coffee for her teammates, her usual job every Saturday. She casually leaned her hips on the side of the counter as she eavesdropped the two female detectives behind her. Detective Son and Detective Park were as useful as usual.

“That famous dancer? Isn’t it was a suicide case?” Detective Park Jihyo from the Division 43 whispered while covering , but Serin always had a sharp sense of hearing and also a pair of sharp eyes. Serin then stirred the coffee with a plastic spoon soon after she filled the cups with hot water one by one. That distinctive smells of the coffee brought a small smile on her lips. She was addicted to coffee.

“We found a new evident, apparently he never suffered from depression and there is a-”

“Ahem!” The two detectives immediately bowed down as they saw Senior Detective Kim Minseok by the door, they made no time to flee from the scene. “Those gossipers, ckckck…” Minseok or usually called by his nickname, Xiumin commented while shaking his head judgmentally. He never liked those types of people who choose to talk around with their colleagues instead of eating or doing their works at break times.

Serin, who was standing at the corner of the room then turned around her body, bowed at her senior as a greeting.

“Do you want some coffee, Team Leader-nim?” Serin offered a wide smile with a tray of instant coffee on her hands. Xiumin was the leader of Division 99, also her direct senior for the past three years.

“You really know what I need at times like this, Detective Oh” Xiumin gladly accepted the offer before he walked out of the common room. After all, there were a bunch of paper works needed to be done after their last mission.

Serin usual bright smile still intact as she shouted out her usual line, “You’re very much welcome, Oppa”

~

 

Serin greeted her colleagues with her usual wide smiles as she walked down the hallway, her two fellow teammates were walking by her sides. It had been a long week for her team, Saturday never felt this great for a while.

“Finally, after two days without sleep, we are able to go home!” The famous genius member of their team, Jeon Jungkook exclaimed with a wide smile, he was hopping around as the thought of finally getting decent hours of rest was too exciting. It was an endearing sight in the middle of the night, Serin didn’t know how he can still have that much energy.

“Don’t be too happy, with Detective Lee retired and Detective Kim transferred to another city, until they hired newbies by the end of the year, it’ll just us four” Senior Detective Kim Jongdae rolled his eyes while sighing tiredly, already imagined how much work he need to do when the week started. It already was so hectic when there were six members in the team, and if they short of two members, he could imagine how much sleeping time he needs to sacrifice. Even the thought of it is already tiring.

“We need to be positive, Senior” Jungkook widely smiled at the grumpy detective before bowing down as they arrived at the parking lot.

“I’ll see you on Monday, Senior!” The young detective winked playfully, “Have fun with your wife!”

“Have a nice break, Chen Oppa” Serin just chuckled while bowing her head, Jungkook was always the brightest one in the team.

Jongdae, or famously known as Chen in his college days just shook his head before opening his car door. “Don’t wander around and get some sleep, see you guys on Monday” With his last sentence, the black worn-out car left the parking lot.

“Do you want me to take you home, Noona?” Jungkook offered, pointing his thumb at his motorcycle. “Or want me to call the taxi for you?”

Serin shook her head with a chuckle, her hand outstretched to ruffle the young guy hairs. “No need, kid”

“Please, we’re just two years apart” Jungkook rolled his eyes, pushed her hand and then straightened his hairs. “I’m serious, do you need me to take you home? It’s pass midnight already” He said absent-mindedly as he wore his leather jacket.

Serin just chuckled pleasantly, “Don’t worry, someone is picking me up”

“Ohhhh, are you dating someone? Who is it? Detective Song Mino from Division 43? Detective Kim Hanbin from Division 00? Oh my god, is it our team leader?!” In exaggeration, Jungkook gasped, staring at Serin with his wide and clear eyes. He was known for his curiousness, and sometimes to the point it was tiring to deal with.

“What are you talking about? I’m not dating anyone, it’s a family” Serin once again chuckled at his cuteness, Jungkook was always a breath of fresh air.

“I saw you talking with our dear team leader and oh, you’re flirting with the newbie, Detective Hanbin today! Be honest with me Noona, I can keep a secret”

Serin rolled her eyes, it wasn’t not like she never talked with their team leader. “We’re just talking, yo-”

“Oh, Oppa!” The smile on Serin face became much wider and genuine as her eyes caught a familiar man with round glasses, for a moment forgetting what she was going to say at Jungkook. It had been days since she last saw Kyungsoo and the rest of the gang.

“I’m glad you’re the one who comes to get me, I don’t have energy if it’s the others” She said while leeching her body on the male arm as soon as he was standing in front of her. It was a common thing for her to act as a spoiled brat with the doctor, she loved his reaction, and it never failed her.

“Oh, my driver is here, you can go ahead, kid” Serin waved her hand at Jungkook while the younger one just rolled his eyes while murmuring something under his breath. “Yeah, not dating, just having a some”

Too bad, Serin didn’t hear it. She really hated it when gossips flew around the precinct after one of the guys picked her up from work.

“Stop acting like a kid yourself” Kyungsoo commented as he pushed her forehead with his two fingers before pulling off his arm from Serin’s tight grip. He then turned around his body, walked toward where he parked his car. Serin just cursed the older man under her breath before she followed him. “Stop acting like an old man”

“I’m older than you”

“That’s a fact we can’t change, old man, stop whining” Serin mockingly said, she was the only one who dared enough to tease the brain of the group. After all, the rest of the gang was too scared of his infamous pettiness.

Kyungsoo stopped midway, he glared at her with his usual sharp, wide, and terrifying eyes, while Serin just showing him her brightest smile. “Don’t worry, I still love you, old man”

Kyungsoo sighed, “I should ask Johnny or Sehun to fetch y

Please log in to read the full chapter