To the Beginning

Beyond the Glory and Fate

It feels like festival— well, you could say it is. The Great Hall bustling with senior students and teachers swinging their wands to make the place looks more magnificent and aesthetically pleasing— not that it looks shabby usually tho. The Great Hall still exudes grand aura that makes every first-year students jaw dropped and excited to start their long journey in the wizarding school. Everyone is busy tidying their respective house’s common rooms, classroom, and even the training grounds! All of these because of Hogwarts will be the host for the Triwizard Tournament that will be held this year.

The Annual championship was almost permanently dismissed because the tragedy befall upon Cedric Diggory back in 1995, in which marks the revival of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. But old scars healed after the death of the dark lord, and the annual 5 years tournament between three honorable school was held once again. The last two tournaments was held in Durmstrang and Beauxbatons, and now it’s Hogwarts turns to act as a host for almost 25 year.

Kim Yongsun sighed as she swings her wand to brush the dust from unreachable lamp in the top corner, magic really makes everything easier isn’t it? Even after 7 years attending Hogwarts, she still amazed with how things magic can do, she doesn’t need to wash her dishes manually, she doesn’t have to move her lazy from the bed to turn off the light before sleep or she doesn’t even need to write her own note manually because her pen will do it for her with a simple spell!

If you see how magic can be dangerous for world domination or s like that, Yongsun isn’t interested at all. Simple things like opening her house’s door with Alohomora charms when she forgot her key is already made her content with magic.

Coming from a Muggle family doesn’t make Yongsun less than a Pure Blood Wizard in terms of witchcrafts and studies. Many Muggleborn wizard like her are a powerful and influential in current and last generation. Hermione Granger is the perfect example for that, the genius girl is now Deputy Head of the Magical Law Enforcement and Yongsun’s idol. And she herself living up to those expectation.

Kim Yongsun proved to be a capable young woman that excels in her year in terms of whole classes like potion making or charms, even if she a little bit at riding her broom and clumsy, but hey! It’s unfair to be perfect all the time right? To top her academics achievements she’s well liked among students from different houses, professors, and even the ghost in the corridor adored the kind hearted girl. Except majority of Slytherins, but Slytherin almost hate everyone outside their houses so it’s not a big deal. Not to mention their Pure Blood supremacist idea hates a muggle-born like Yongsun can be a brilliant wizard.

“Whatcha ‘doin, Head Girl unnie?”

Yongsun felt someone just brush past her and taking a seat in the long bench near her. She knows perfectly who’s voice it’s belonged to, a gorgeous long hair flown perfectly like a lion’s mane and dark as night, only Ahn Hyejin has that kind of aura.

“Dusting these unnecessary high lamp which nobody would notice if its dust is as thick as Jennifer’s make up or not.”

Hwasa snorted at the mention of a random Slytherin girl with unreasonable thick make up everyday. “Are you excited for tomorrow, unnie? I’ve never seen students from different school than us.”

“I guess, at least we got to watch something interesting rather than stuck our in classes.” Youngsun sighed. “Though as a Head Girl— i bet on my whole jelly bean stash by the way— i had to them around and explains rules.”

Hwasa snickered. “With greater position comes with greater responsibility too. Congrats! You’ve been upgraded from a not-so-fun job position to being a school slave, basically.”

Yongsun groaned at the memories of her ceremony last week, from being a Prefect of Hufflepuff House for two year straight until she had been appointed as a Head Girl for Hogwarts this year. She’s satisfied enough with her position as a Prefect and expected to continue as an ordinary Prefect for her last year, turns out Professor McGonagall appointed her as the Head, which mean even more responsibilities and tasks.

She is partially happy because this means a good boost for her resume and reputation in her career as a student, which will reflect in the resume later (She intends to work on the Magical Department later coz the salary is so much higher than crappy jobs in the muggle world). But this also means her time for study will decrease and honestly she just want to relax and excels her N.E.W.T flawlessly.

“Ugh, thanks for reminding me that. Go bother someone else Hyejin-ah.”

Yongsun shooed the third-year student away. She just want to finish this.... insignificant task peacefully and take a long warm bath before heading to bed.

“Che— you’re no fun unnie. See you tomorrow then, corporate slave.”

 

Hyejin fled fast before Yongsun can spray her with the dust she had gathered in the last hour. Yongsun sighed. Grumbling about junior students who didn’t even had the hearts to help or she got no credit for doing this . Either way Yongsun misses her warm blanket right now


Yongsun strolled around the hallway after briefing the other Prefect about today’s event. It’s no doubt that Hogwarts will be more crowded than usual since the students representative from other schools will stay within the castle.

So to avoid any unnecessary problem, all Prefects must keep a keen eye and be prepared all the time. Yongsun sees everyone crowding in the hallway facing the forbidden forest and black lake, making some noises of “ooohhh” “ahhhhh” and “whoaaaaa”.

Yongsun guess the honorary guest is already arrived then. She squeezed closer through the gap just in time to see a large carriage pulled by several Abraxan Horses flying through the sky and getting closer toward Hogwarts. The sight was quite magnificent, it’s what Yongsun imagined what a princess would ride as a kid and left her in awe, blame the fact that she watch too much Disney channel.

The Majestic magical creatures landed safely in the big field that separates Hogwarts and forbidden forest. Yongsun guess it was the carriage of Beauxbatons students, not that Yongsun ever seen it in real life, but from what books described the school was elegant and fairy-like, so carriage pulled by Pegasus fits the description.

Not to long after that a thunderous sounds that even made the ground shakes heard from the direction of the black lake. A wood mast with akin of pirate flag attached to it slowly emerge from the cursed lake, revealing a majestic ships resemble a 16th Century Pirate style.

The grand ride now fully floated above the lake, leaving the Hogwarts students in awe. Even in the era of digital and amusement park does exist, seeing flying carriage and ship emerges from water is something you can’t see everyday and breath-taking nonetheless.

“Students, please head to the Great Hall right now! We’re going to welcome our honorary guests!”

Yongsun saw her subordinate and fellow Head Boy this year — Eric Nam, ushered the crowding students away, earning some boos but headed to the Hall nonetheless. Yongsun and some Prefects help to guide the students while taking curious glance at both vessels.


“Students of Hogwarts!! I believe you are aware about the Triwizard Tournament that will be held in our school.” Professor McGonagall’s voice can be heard loud and clear across the Great Hall. Even if she’s already old and will retiring soon, her aura as a Headmistress for more than 20 years is no joke.

“Our guest from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons will stay here until we have a winner for the sacred championship, i hope you can establish friendship over the weeks and be a good host to your fellow students.”

Even though they have different house and years, Yongsun prefer to sat beside Hyejin like any other day. Although the younger girl could be mischievous sometimes,she still adored and enjoy her company.

“Now i present you, students from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and its headmistress, Olympe Maxime!!”

The main doors of Great Hall opens with a quite dramatic sound, revealing students from Beauxbatons walks in gracefully in little steps accompanied by several magical butterflies. Majority of them are woman, only two male students presents in the crowd. Wearing a pale blue robes made of a fine silk, the students looks so prim, elegant, and graceful like Yongsun never seen before. She heard Hyejin gasp a little beside her after the girls walks past them.

“Why? Anyone catch your fancy?” Yongsun can’t help but ask because Hyejin’s eyesight keep trained on someone in Beauxbatons group.

“Ah..no... i think i saw my old friend in there... but i’m not sure.” She replied but her eyes never leaving her object if interest.

“Which one?”

“Hmm, the short blonde haired girl. She does looks like my friend but.... it’s been so many years.” Hyejin sighed and finally looks at Yongsun in the eye.

“They will stay in Hogwarts for some time, sooner or later you’ll bump to her.”

“Yeah, but i don't know... we're not exactly parted on a good terms. Anyway, man... these Beauxbatons girls are on another level of beauty, unnie.”

True to Hyejin’s words, most of the students from Beauxbatons are super pretty with doll-like face and fair skin. Yongsun herself never seen herself as ugly, but she can’t help but to compare herself,if she stand beside these girls she gonna look like a sack of potatoes.

Behind the row of pretty girls entering the Great Hall, a tall woman enter, which Yongsun assumes is the headmistress. The said woman stop in front of Professor McGonagall and shakes their hand briefly. Professor McGonagall is now proceeding to welcome the Durmstrang Institute’s representative and its headmaster whom Yongsun don’t really care.

The main doors of Great Hall opened once again, revealing students who looks more serious and regal than the previous school. Their walking stance while carrying wood cane reminded her more of an army rather than bunch of students. All of them are wearing red-blood robe with fur cloaks strapped around their left shoulder.

Durmstrang really is reversed version of Beauxbatons, from the crowd of representative students Yongsun can only spot two females in the sea of testosterone. One of them striking her attention the most with silver hair slicked back and tied into a low ponytail, Yongsun quite sure the Durmstrang girl is quite stylish and trendy— proven by her comma bangs that really popular back in her hometown, South Korea. Clear deep blue eyes shone bellow the dim light with pride reflected on them. Her pointy nose and stern jawline can made a not-so-straight girl like Yongsun hummed in approval.

“Ohoo, is this what millennials called ‘girl crush’?”

Hyejin quipped beside her. Yongsun can only nod in agreement, the silver haired girl really looks dashing with the red robes and fur cloaks of Durmstrang uniform.

“Is she the rumored Moonbyul from Durmstrang?” Hyejin asked the Hufflepuff girl.

“Moon who?”

“Aish, unnie... this is why you should’ve listen to gossip instead of sticking your nose into books all day.”

Yongsun rolled her eye and huffed. Well she can’t help it, she needs to keep good academic performance to maintain her grade, also for her future plan. “Enlighten me, oh she-who-knows-it-all” Yongsun sarcastically bowed her head to Hyejin.

“Moon Byul Yi — or she’s more famous as Moonbyul, is one of the most prominent candidate from Durmstrang. She’s famous for her academic performance and quidditch achievement.”

“Well i’m excelling in academics performance too but why i’m not famous?” Yongsun fakes a tears.

Hyejin rolled her eye at the dramatic gesture, sometimes she even wonder why she bothers to be friend with this kind of unnie. “You at flying. Boom! 1+1=2, it’s simple. You fly like a toddler while she fly for her team in world championship.”

“What can i say, Acrophobia and flying doesn’t sound well together.” Yongsun pouted but her attention changes to the Durmstrang students as they getting closer near her area.

The crowd’s step is so synchronized that Yongsun assume they’re low-key had a military training or something. Yongsun was so sure when the students walks past her, the handsome Durmstrang girl made eye-contact with her briefly, but that felt like an eternity to be honest. Short but intense eye-contact left Yongsun speechless, call her dramatic or whatever, but she felt a tug in her chest in that few seconds.

“Ohhh laa-laaa~ is our straight A student who’s not so straight finally having interest in something else than book?”

The third year Gryffindor can’t help but tease the older girl, it’s already time for her unnie to get laid. Yongsun blushed and slaps Hyejin thighs in embarrassment. When all the guest has seated in their designated table, Professor McGonagall step forward and clears loudly, earning all the attention from everyone in the Great Hall.

“As you have known, the Triwizard Tournament is held by three prestigious wizarding school across the world. Every school will have one champion and they have to complete three difficult task.”

Professor McGonagall scanning all the students in the great hall, including the one from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons at the left. Yongsun’s eyes can’t help but wandering to the Durmstrang’s table for a while but force it to focus again on the front.

“This tournament isn’t for who has faint heart. Once you’ve chosen, there’s no going back. I must remind you that this challenges are very dangerous, many death tolls occurred in the past, so please think twice before you do anything stupid like underestimating the danger.”

“Is there any prize for the champion?” A first year Gryffindor quipped. The headmistress only chuckled slightly at the question.

“Yes, of course there are prizes for the winner, Mr. Kang, but you can’t join in your first year.” She paused slightly. “Ten thousands galleons and an eternal glory to their name. The champion’s name will be recorded in history.”

Majority of the students roared in enthusiasm, talking to their friend beside them, including Hyejin and Yongsun.

“Ten thousand galleon?? Man, you can live comfortably until the next five year at least.”

“Sure, IF you’re still alive by the time you receive it. Have you ever read the history of Triwizard tournament? The famous Harry Potter almost didn’t make it alive, and one dead at that time.”

“Unnieeeee, don’t such a spoilsport.” Hyejin whines as her dream of being rich jobless person shattered.

Professor McGonagall walks beside a big object that looks like elegant miniature of tower decorated by runes and glamorous design. She taps her wand and like a zipper, she open the magical object bit by bit, revealing enormous goblet with fiery blue flame on top of it.

“Only students above 17 can enter the tournament, write your name in a piece of paper and throw it to the fire. You have time to consider until the next two weeks.”

The Great Hall erupted with groaning voice and complains from every corner, except for those who didn’t even want to participate in the tournament, including Kim Yongsun. She won’t risk her life for silly competition like this, she only want to live as a normal wizard with stable job after she graduated. Durmstrang’s and Beauxbatons’s table are silent too, since they already know about the rules and only eligible students are being sent here to represent their school.

“Unnie, what are you staring at?”

The silver haired girl from Durmstrang jolted in surprise, waking her from the trance. Since she sat at their table, she can only focus on the pretty brown haired girl with the most gorgeous honey brown eyes from Hogwarts. They only had eye-contact for a few seconds but there’s something that piqued her interest. Moon Byul Yi know that she’s corny as hell but she felt a real tug— not that she will call it love at first sight tho, that’s too much.

“Nah, it’s nothing, Seul.”

She smiled a little bit at her sister and tried to not glance at the pretty-hufflepuff-girl and focusing on the Hogwart’s headmistress.

 

 

“Let the Triwizard tournament begin.”


Hello! Long time no see :D

Thank you for reading up until now  ^o^ , i'm really thankful so many people already subscribing and showing interest to this story. I tried to make the background story and timeline like the original movie, which all of what happens in Harry Potter movie really did happen (but i don't read the Cursed Child so i would miss a lot of detail, wiki is my friend in this). I kind of change the prize money though, since one thousand galleon only valued for $7000 ish, i thought it wouldn't worth the risk y'know?

Moonbyul only appears a lil bit since she's only guest in this chapter, but rest assured that soft hamster will appears more in the next chapter ^o^. I do put wheesa and seulrene tags up there, but i'm not sure how to deliver their character dynamic yet, so i'm sorry if there's any out of character happens at some point.

Also i really want your opinion on names that will appears in this story, should i make it more realistic with british/european name for some cameo or would you be more comfortable with other kpop/korean name for familiarity?

Lastly, thank you very much for reading this, i will try my best to fullfill your expectation :) Subscribe and Votes are very much appreciated ^o^