it's more often than not start with a friendship

Debts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Notes:

I'm glad that I can finally update this.. Wedding Stories has been occupying my mind most of the time, because I want to finish it as soon as possible but my mind is all over the place, and while working on this, I was a bit stuck with CheolSoo part.. *sigh*

just like usual, no beta read so there maybe some mistakes..

Hope you enjoy the story!

 

 

2

it's more often than not start with a friendship

 

Staying inside the warm room of the inn, Seungcheol read the book he bought from the bookstore he found in the market when he was searching for clothes. He was laying down sideways, his arm propping him up while his other hand holding the book open down on the straw mat flooring. Flipping to a new page, the young man mentally noted how the paper had lost its crisp because time and humidity had been consuming its freshness, if Seungcheol didn't know what book it was actually, he wouldn't buy it.

There was some noises from outside which made Seungcheol's attention to lift up from his book. His eyes fleeted to the set of paper doors to capture a thin shadow painted on it. It moves, getting taller as he could hear the faint sound of footsteps getting closer. Then, as soon as the shadow stopped and lowered down in front of his door, he heard the voice of someone he knew.

“The food is ready.”

He heard Jisoo announced and smiling at that soft gentle voice, Seungcheol changed from his half lying position to sitting up and answered. “Thank you. You may come in.”

After the words left his mouth, the door slid open smoothly with nice sound of wood greeting wood. Following it, a familiar face showed up with a smile. “I hope your rest here was great.” Jisoo said before turning to his side where he had put the low table then picking it up as he went into the room.

And as he placed the table down and took the white fabric covering it, he noticed the book sitting on the guest’s hand. He had ever read it before when the chance raised, but he forewent it after not passing the exam. “Are you going going to take the entree exam for Sungkyunkwan?”

Nodding, Seungcheol put his book aside, replying the question with a hidden sigh. “Kind of..”

Hearing that unlikely finished sentence, Jisoo wanted to ask why the other was there instead of back in his home preparing for the exam. But it would be too intrusive. So, he only nodded and wished him a good luck before giving Seungcheol a time to have his meal.

 

“So, what are you going to do today?” The inn's owner's son which had become his friend since day one asked when he collected the tables and the empty bowls, expression a genuine one of curiosity. And none of the little conversation earlier evident in their interaction.

Seungcheol thought for a while before answering, his hands hiding inside the thick wide sleeves of his robe. “I’ll go to the market again to get some more warm clothes. The snow continue falling and I'm afraid that the cold season will arrive too soon.”

“Right.” Glancing outside the door, Jisoo looked at the pile of snow on the garden. The ground was already half covered by the white drops again despite he had shoved them to the corner that early morning. “So unsettling.” The sudden change of weather surprised everyone in the small village and if the same situation occurred in other places too, Jisoo could figure the havoc and how the palace reacted to such abnormality.

Glancing at Seungcheol who looked at the garden, he wondered again why the man was there.

 

-------

 

The third time Hansol meets with Mingyu is when he goes home late at night after cram school his father made him attend. Hansol is looking down at his phone looking for foods to be delivered to his apartment when someone pats his shoulder from behind.

Turning in surprise, Hansol sighs in relief when it is just his new neighbor. “Hyung!” He calls the other with a growing smile.

“Hello.” Mingyu replies with his own big smile. “You have just gone back?” He asks as he falls into step with the younger.

“Yes. My cram school has just finished.” He says, meeting up with Mingyu's gaze. "What about you, hyung? From work?”

“Yes. And some shopping.” He says while raising his white convenience store plastic bags. “I didn't know that you go to cram school.”

“Ah.. Yes, I just start today.. My dad sends me to cram school for university preparation. Tho, honestly I think it is unnecessary. I can study by myself.” Hansol mutters, not liking the fact that he has to study till late at night from now on.

“Oh.. Umm. Maybe you can talk to your father about it?”

“I'm going to. But after dinner. I'm starving now.” Raising his phone, Hansol continues with his order. “Oh right. Thank you so much for the scarf.”

“Don’t mention it.” the taller waves his hand, remembering the previous night when he found a small paper bag -with famous expensive brand name printed on it- containing the scarf he lent to the high schooler and a thank you note.

Taking a glance toward Mingyu, Hansol adds with a small grin. “You weren't there when I wanted to give it back to you, so I just left it in front of your door. Hope you don't mind.”

“It’s alright.” Mingyu brushes it off, remember the laundry plastic which envelope it securely. “You even send it for dryclean when you don't have to do that.”

“That's the least I can do. You're truly a lifesaver. If you didn't stop me and let me borrow the scarf, I would be late to school because I wouldn't be able to find my own scarf. Tho, were you alright without it? The weather was really cold and at night it dropped again.” at that, Hansol's grin changes into a worried frown, he has been thinking about it since the weather forecast notification popped up in his phone. And if it is around this time the elder goes home, how could he not get worried?

Mingyu smiles. “I was good. Don't worry. My coat was enough and I also had some hot packs with me.”

“That's a relief. I was afraid you were freezing.” Laughing, the two fall into comfortable silent with Hansol focusing on his order while Mingyu taking in the sight of the neighborhood he has been living in for a week.

“Oh right. Hyung. Have you eaten? Or are you hungry now?” Hansol asks, pausing his hand from tapping the screen.

Raising his bag, Mingyu tells. “I'm going to have some snack after this. Why?”

“I'm ordering food, and if you let me, I'd like to order some for you. You know, as a thank you gift

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter